Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Counts against Taylor to rise: (Not Good News)

Lavarleap56

I suppose one way for us to take action as a community would be to write Jeb Bush and plead for leniency in Sean’s case. I don’t think everyone should bombard him with emails as that might anger him.

How about one of our best writer/wordsmiths, (Art?) type up a nice letter, attach a petition to it and then whoever wants can sign it and we’ll send it to Jeb. Just an idea.

His contact information is listed on the upper right-hand corner of this webpage: http://www.myflorida.com/

I still think that Taylor would be smart to negotiate a plea bargain to a lesser included offense that doesn't carry a mandatory minimum sentence. The prosecution could recommend probation and he could get out of this thing with no jail time and a few years probation and hefty fines.

I'm sure his lawyer is negotiating this and sometimes the DA doesn't budge until just before trial. Sometimes even on the day of trial especially if the DA is having problems with his witnesses.

I just read the docket info provided in the link above. There are multiple depositions that have been taken in this case, including those of the alleged victims it appears.

I'm confident that Taylor's lawyer has found something in these depositions that he will be able to use for Taylor's defense that no one on this board is aware of. Let the attorney do his job and I for one hope that he doesn't get convicted (if this in fact goes to trial).

I still think that Taylor would be smart to negotiate a plea bargain to a lesser included offense that doesn't carry a mandatory minimum sentence. The prosecution could recommend probation and he could get out of this thing with no jail time and a few years probation and hefty fines.

I'm sure his lawyer is negotiating this and sometimes the DA doesn't budge until just before trial. Sometimes even on the day of trial especially if the DA is having problems with his witnesses.

I would bet that he WOULD do that if it were possible. From the brief reports that have come out on this, the only plea bargain that was offered would still have carried the 3-year minimum sentence. Therein lies the problem...

Stop taking RiggoReincarnated seriously, guys. As I've said before either he's a comic genius or he's really out to lunch. I prefer to go with the comic genius theory. I love the grand Jaguars, Dolphins, Bucs conspiracy theory myself. Brilliant! :)

Wait a minute, dont be so ignorant. If Taylor is guilty of this crime, he deserves evreything he gets. Just because he's an elite player for your team doesnt mean he shouldnt be accountable for his actions, just like the rest of us. Im sure you were caling for all those cowboys heads for their drug charges, and thats a much lesser crime.

Im a huge skins fan and a big Taylor fan but Im not going to hope he's exempt from the law just because Im a fan. What if he did commit these crimes, and what if it was someone you loved that he commited these crimes against? I bet you'd be singing a different song then.

He may say he didnt do it but he also said he didnt spit in dudes face, either.

Youre letting your feelings make you sound foolish!

Anyway, for the record, I hope he didnt do it and I hope justice is served.

Since when is waving a gun, not shooting, not killing but waving a gun worse than using, buying and smoking crack cocaine? Putting money into gun toting drug dealers hands that kill for a living is a much more civilized crime.

Look I'm not from the city or the street's or the hood. I'm a hillbilly from WV and if someone stole something from me I'd be inclined to wave a gun myself. Would I kill someone over a four wheeler, hell no but I definitely would let them know I meant business. If Taylor was this gun toting thug you're portraying him to be he would have shot the SOB's but instead he thought more rationaly. He put the gun away and went to kick the guys ass instead. :applause:

This Prosecuter is simply trying to make a name for himself. You think they try to prosecute every report of gun waving in FL? They'd live in court 24/7 if that were case.

Still upset that Mike Martz wasn't hired as QB coach?

How do you know Sean Taylor isn't a "real criminal"? Get a grip.

Because if he was a "real criminal" he would have smoked those guys, or assaulted them far worse then a single punch. Sounds to me like he had a rage of anger, waved a gun, then realized he couldn't actually use the gun, came back, punched the guy once, and thats it. Not like he was attacking some random person either.

I'm not justifying what he did, he should have called the police, but I don't consider him a criminal.

He is. Like it or not, that's what the law is for. It's to keep thugs from going into the ghetto and blasting someone over a car, a pair of sneakers, etc. If he did what he alledgedly did, he should serve the time for it. Criminals are criminals - Redskins or not.

The thing is:

A. It seems like its a few individuals words against his...no physical evidence

B. He never actually used the gun, but a gun was fired at him

Who deserves to be prosecuted more here?

ST's actions led to someone to come by his house and fire a gun at his car. I'm sure if you lived next door to him and had children, you would have the same opinion that nothing is wrong as long as no one go hurt. /QUOTE]

Im pretty sure you can see from that Ivory tower that you're sitting in, it takes a lot to provoke some punk to come by your house and shoot it up. Getting your ass whooped and embarrassed in front of your peers isn't enough to encite someone to shoot up your house. Ahh it was the gun waving that's what pushed them over the edge.

So why isn't ST being pursued by the DA to be a witness against the punks who shot up his house? Oh yeah, their just a bunch of punks, no face time for the old DA on that one. This is no different than the Kobe case. The DA didn't have a case in that one but win or lose he got his face time.

The sad fact is this... If OJ can get out of murdering two people then Sean Taylor can get off a crime he commited.

Sad but true.

Life in prison/death penalty is alot more serious a conviction then 3 years in jail. Remember the OJ jury was also primarily women (10 women and 2 men) and had a low level of education (only 2 college graduates of the 12). We don't know how this jury will be composed this time.

Some other facts about the final jury for OJ: (1) None regularly read a newspaper, but eight regularly watch tabloid TV shows, (2) five thought it was sometimes appropriate to use force on a family member, (3) all were Democrats, (4) five reported that they or another family member had had a negative experience with the police, (5) nine thought that Simpson was less likely to be a murderer because he was a professional athlete.

The racial composition of the initial jury pool differed considerably from the racial compostion of the final jury. The pool was 40% white, 28% black, 17% Hispanic, and 15% Asian

www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/ projects/ftrials/Simpson/Jurypage.html

I think it is pretty simple if he did it, he goes to jail if he didn't do it then he goes free. Right now we don't have all the information. We don't know who the victims were nor who were the witnesses. There are alot of assumptions being made here, why do all people who live in the ghetto have to be low lifes and thugs? There are many people who are poor and disadvantaged who are not criminals. Do they know criminals? Most likey. Was ST's car getting shot up retaliation? Most likely. Same people who did it? Maybe. But the fact is I am pretty sure no arrests were made in that case, so it is kind of hard to prove that they did it.

Also look at it from this point of view. ST instigated the whole incident. We are taking the word of a known liar (Yes, ST did lie about spitting in a guys face on nationaly TV) that these people stole his ATV's. What if he was wrong? What if it was someone else? So now ST goes to these people house and instgates the whole incident. Remember HE WENT TO their house not them coming to him. He waves a gun around and punches some guy. Now I have known a few thugs in my time and they are not ones to call the police, they rather handle things like that themselves. So who called the police and reported it, it may have been a neighbor not involved in the incident. So the police come take statements issue a warrent for his arrest. Now, the friends of the victims hear about what is going on and want to teach him a lesson. If ST would have just called the police, then the whole incident would have never happened.

Point of my triad was that there are many factors about the case we do not know. To call the people in this case low life thugs becasue they live in the ghetto is rather elitest. Be patient, get the trascripts when they come out since they are public record and make your own INFORMED decision once you have all the info. So many assumptions have been made it is not even funny.

I think it is pretty simple if he did it, he goes to jail if he didn't do it then he goes free. Right now we don't have all the information. We don't know who the victims were nor who were the witnesses. There are alot of assumptions being made here, why do all people who live in the ghetto have to be low lifes and thugs? There are many people who are poor and disadvantaged who are not criminals. Do they know criminals? Most likey. Was ST's car getting shot up retaliation? Most likely. Same people who did it? Maybe. But the fact is I am pretty sure no arrests were made in that case, so it is kind of hard to prove that they did it.

Also look at it from this point of view. ST instigated the whole incident. We are taking the word of a known liar (Yes, ST did lie about spitting in a guys face on nationaly TV) that these people stole his ATV's. What if he was wrong? What if it was someone else? So now ST goes to these people house and instgates the whole incident. Remember HE WENT TO their house not them coming to him. He waves a gun around and punches some guy. Now I have known a few thugs in my time and they are not ones to call the police, they rather handle things like that themselves. So who called the police and reported it, it may have been a neighbor not involved in the incident. So the police come take statements issue a warrent for his arrest. Now, the friends of the victims hear about what is going on and want to teach him a lesson. If ST would have just called the police, then the whole incident would have never happened.

Point of my triad was that there are many factors about the case we do not know. To call the people in this case low life thugs becasue they live in the ghetto is rather elitest. Be patient, get the trascripts when they come out since they are public record and make your own INFORMED decision once you have all the info. So many assumptions have been made it is not even funny.

I didn't mean to call everyone in the ghetto "low life thugs" just those that stole the ATV and shot up Taylors car.

Taylor said he never spit in Pittmans face...that is true. He did spit but if you see the video it lands between him and Pittman.

Points against Sean Taylor:

1) Multipul witnesses

2) Liberal glory seeking DA

3) Florida is where the crime took place. (aledegely)

4) Proof on tape of Sean Taylor lying about an assault he committed.

5) the Hatered of most of the other teams in the league

6) A history of prior behaviors that paint him as a thug and a lier.

7) Manditory Minimums

Points in Sean Taylors favor:

1) lots of money

2) expensive lawyer

3) Celebrity

4) physical evidence of assault on him after aledged crimes..

Conclusion:

He's going to jail for 3 to 9 years.

Points against Sean Taylor:

1) Multipul witnesses

2) Liberal glory seeking DA

3) Florida is where the crime took place. (aledegely)

4) Proof on tape of Sean Taylor lying about an assault he committed.

5) the Hatered of most of the other teams in the league

6) A history of prior behaviors that paint him as a thug and a lier.

7) Manditory Minimums

Points in Sean Taylors favor:

1) lots of money

2) expensive lawyer

3) Celebrity

4) physical evidence of assault on him after aledged crimes..

Conclusion:

He's going to jail for 3 to 9 years.

He lied about punching the guy or waving the gun on tape? Right now that wouldn't be a lie since he contends he hasn't done it and this hasn't gone to trial.

Additionally, it’s not whether Sean had a gun, it is truly whether the victim believed the weapon Sean allegedly brandished to be a gun. It sounds odd, but true. It's like the person that commits robbery with their hand in their pocket fixed in the shape of a gun. That person gets charged as though they had a gun because the victim believed that to be a gun during the commission of the crime.

Would it hurt his case if witnesses heard him exclaim "I'm gonna put a cap in your ass, yo"

j/k :laugh:

I am not worried about protecting criminals.If Sean would have done this to an innocent party...Well, throw his ass in jail !! But the ass who had the gun waved in his face would appear to be criminal trash anyway....In the end...I guess the idea is to encourage SEAN not to participate in this type of life....If that lesson has been learned...Then it is only criminal trash that has not been served justice...I can live with that !

He lied about punching the guy or waving the gun on tape? Right now that wouldn't be a lie since he contends he hasn't done it and this hasn't gone to trial.

No that evidence is up for grabs...we'll have to wait and see how it plays out...

The lie I was talking about is based on tape that exists of Greg Williams saying that Sean Taylor Said he didn't spit (assault) on Pitman, that in conjuncture with the tape Proving, at the least, ST Attempted to spit on him is enough to paint ST as, at best someone who mislead his own coach.

In a court of law, where it generally is he said she said.....it's the lie that gets you....The key thing that the DA must prove is that ST is a lier....then the jury will buy that he committed the crime.

No that evidence is up for grabs...we'll have to wait and see how it plays out...

The lie I was talking about is based on tape that exists of Greg Williams saying that Sean Taylor Said he didn't spit (assault) on Pitman, that in conjuncture with the tape Proving, at the least, ST Attempted to spit on him is enough to paint ST as, at best someone who mislead his own coach.

In a court of law, where it generally is he said she said.....it's the lie that gets you....The key thing that the DA must prove is that ST is a lier....then the jury will buy that he committed the crime.

I see what you're saying...we can't underestimate though that key in this case is the composition of this jury. If the jury is highly composed of minorities or mostly women, I'd say that would work in Taylors favor.

If its a bunch of liberal white collar white guys looking to make a statement about gun control, then I think he's in trouble.

I see what you're saying...we can't underestimate though that key in this case is the composition of this jury. If the jury is highly composed of minorities or mostly women, I'd say that would work in Taylors favor.

If its a bunch of liberal white collar white guys, then I think he's in trouble.

I seriously think that he should get a change of venue ....if it goes to trial....His lawyer has got a loser.....plea bargin Sean....plea bargin.:2cents:

Archived