Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Offseason Trade Options?

KirkNC

Arizona Cardinals would be our best trading partner for Ramsey.

Ramsey for Bryant Johnson could really pan out as a win/win for both clubs and both players.

BJ is from Baltimore so I bet he would enjoy the move as well.

Bryant Johnson recorded 40 receptions for 432 yards and one TD in 14 games (four starts) as the No. 3 wide receiver in Arizona.

Johnson will find it hard to produce with Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin ahead of him on the depth chart.

Interesting. I really don't know anything about B. Johnson but I like his size for the red zone and 3rd down situations. However, in the NFL it is so difficult to pull off trades due to salary constraints and so forth. If Ramsey has told the F.O. to seek a trade for him (as some ES members have speculated) then I think a WR would certainly be the position I would want in return, even over a DE. :2cents:

Arizona Cardinals would be our best trading partner for Ramsey.

Ramsey for Bryant Johnson could really pan out as a win/win for both clubs and both players.

AB is from Baltimore so I bet he would enjoy the move as well.

Bryant Johnson recorded 40 receptions for 432 yards and one TD in 14 games (four starts) as the No. 3 wide receiver in Arizona.

Johnson will find it hard to produce with Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin ahead of him on the depth chart.

That, like the LaVar for Carson trade, is an stup.... wait, wait... this actually makes sense.

I like Ramsey but this sounds like a good idea... both are former 1st rounders, I expect Bryant to come in cheap... interesting.

Either he's a very good potential #2 or he benefited tremendously by all the attention paid to Fitzgerald and Boldin. Anyone know how he did when one or the other WR was out with injuries? Saunders supposedly looks for crisp route runners for timed passes. Is this WR of that type?

I don't think Bryan Johnson is as athletic as the Cardinals hoped he'd be when he came out of Penn St. In fact, the first two years... he was seen as a disappointment. Maybe he's one of those receivers that needs two or three years of seasoning before he has his breakout year. Kinda like Jacobs... oh.... :paranoid:.... wait...... :doh:

This is a steal for... ARIZONA. There is a reason he lost his job to Boldin, then the following year they draft Fitzgerald instead of Big Ben.

Johnson has been a bust for the Cards and if they could get Ramsey for Johnson then Denny may have a stroke trying to get to the phone fast enough making sure Joe is really there and being serious.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

where did johnson go to school? He did well filling in for Boldin while he was out...not a bad move!

Penn State.

I'll throw in another scenario.

How about Ramsey to New Orleans Saints for Darren Howard, since they're likely to cut Brooks and draft Matt Leinart? Ramsey could win the starting job there because they'd let Leinart sit for a year or two.

Ramsey would be playing in his hometown and we get a good DE.

This is a steal for... ARIZONA. There is a reason he lost his job to Boldin, then the following year they draft Fitzgerald instead of Big Ben.

Johnson has been a bust for the Cards and if they could get Ramsey for Johnson then Denny may have a stroke trying to get to the phone fast enough making sure Joe is really there and being serious.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I agree with this post...I wouldn't trade a potential starting QB to a team for a 3rd string WR. I don't care who starts in front of Johnson, he's still 3rd string and extremely unproven. We can get more for Patrick. I'm not being critical of this option, I just think we could do better. Go for Jerry Porter from Oakland.

I agree with this post...I wouldn't trade a potential starting QB to a team for a 3rd string WR. I don't care who starts in front of Johnson, he's still 3rd string and extremely unproven. We can get more for Patrick. I'm not being critical of this option, I just think we could do better. Go for Jerry Porter from Oakland.

Joey Porter, is that realistic?

At 6'3, i think the dude could help us out. Good thought Kirk. Not to mention who really thinks we are gonna get that much for Ramsey? Also, couldn't Johnson have lost his starting job to Boldin because Boldin is just a beast? Plus, he is not going to need to be a superstar like he would have needed to be in AZ. They had no running game. We do. And, we already have our number 1 wideout. Interesting possibilty, and would be a cheaper option than a lot of others. Of course, it couldn't be a straight up trade, I do stand with the the opposition on that one.

Archived