Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DFW: Great sign: Jerry Jones doing draft scouting w/o Parcells

goldenster95

:rolleyes: Art you are just plain biased or ignorant. C'mon, to say that Dallas has no answer at running back (with two young promising RB's), defensive line (with Chris Canty, Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff and Marcus Spears alone all contributing much and playing well as ROOKIES), and corner is just plain rediculous. Terrence Newman, Anthony Henry and Jacque Reeves are very good to servicible/up and coming. Shawn Springs and Walt Harris will be 31 and 32 respectively at the beginning of next season. Carlos Rogers still has ALOT to prove.

Perhaps you'd understand things better if you allowed yourself to have the same conversation others are having. The Redskins have clear areas of need as well in planning for the future. But, we weren't actually addressing those obvious areas, we were addressing the obvious areas on the Cowboys.

From a scouting standpoint, the Cowboys have done a poor job as compared to the Redskins -- as you are offering the comparision -- in pro and college scouting for the simple fact you are less settled at so many areas we are totally settled.

You guys are older and have less top end talent than we have. I understand the worry you have in direct comparison, but, that's not what this conversation was about.

Perhaps you'd understand things better if you allowed yourself to have the same conversation others are having. The Redskins have clear areas of need as well in planning for the future. But, we weren't actually addressing those obvious areas, we were addressing the obvious areas on the Cowboys.

From a scouting standpoint, the Cowboys have done a poor job as compared to the Redskins -- as you are offering the comparision -- in pro and college scouting for the simple fact you are less settled at so many areas we are totally settled.

You guys are older and have less top end talent than we have. I understand the worry you have in direct comparison, but, that's not what this conversation was about.

Notice I didn't challenge the other positions.. and yes to the other poster.. that's fair.. a little bit of a double standard. I just don't know if I'd consider the Boys deficient at corner, RB and D-Line.

OMG people Jones goes to the Snior bowl every year, he is not there scouting our scouting dept is. Jeff Ireland who took over the scouting dept last year, and gave us the best draft in the NFL by many accounts is there doing the scouting

The Eagles draft was better than your draft. Shoot, we got Trent Cole in the 5th round and he had more sacks then your duo of first rounders. ;)

Since parcells has been in dallas these are there good picks.

Terrance Newman

Jason witten

julius jones

patrick crayton

demarcus ware

marcus spears

chris canty

marion barber

kevin burnett

Will all be good players drafted by dallas in the last 3 years. They have done a decent job since parcells has been in dallas. The drafts pre parcells in like 3 years they got 1 good player in roy williams they are still recovering from such crappy drafts.

Hmmm lets see Art. Take those puke and gold glasses off and take a looksy.

7th round- Patrick Crayton (Good WR, better than your #2 and he is our 3. Oh and you guys should remeber him well.)

Oh man I sure do. I don't think I have ever seen someone get hit that hard and have the ball launch into the air like that. Thanks for reminding me. :cheers:

Are you talking about the scouting of the QB position where you have the QB of the future on your roster? :laugh:

Or wait, are you talking about the scouting which has enabled you to get to the playoffs 1 out of the last 6 years?

I'm confused. :(

No, the same owner who pulled the trigger on the Hershel Walker trade that enabled us to win 3 Super Bowl Championships. :applause:

And what QB did we draft that besides Carter (pre-BP) that didnt work out?

Key, let's attempt to actually speak truthfully in some small way.

Dallas currently has no answer at receiver, running back, quarterback, offensive tackle, defensive line and MAYBE corner beyond the next two or three years. You have no basis in talent to build around. No depth of note.

The difference between you as a Cowboy fan and me as a Redskin fan can be explained as simply as your comment on Crayton. Crayton will be 27-years-old to start next season with a career total of 34 catches and for you, he's young talent you can build around (talent you've incorrectly asserted is superior to anyone else's receivers).

Meanwhile Taylor Jacobs is a superior prospect in all ways, has 30 catches by the time he's 25 and we're completely able to grasp he is not going to be a breakthrough player in the pros. The reason Dallas is looking at receiver according to the guy in charge of such things in Dallas is because Crayton is nothing more than a marginal part-time guy.

It's a shame these differences are so obvious. That they are tells us you probably have too great an impression of your own guys, which is just fine for us. We prefer you to think you're drafting well so Jones keeps his hand in it longer :).

Still holding out hope on Jacobs are ya? ;)

And for the record, Petitti was a disaster this season.

Dont get me wrong, I see the potential down the road as a POSSIBLE starter.

But the kid was a overwhelmed this season and led the NFL in sacks allowed.

Injuries forced him into the lineup and it cost us in the long run.

He should be a servicable backup when all is said and done.

u have to give it to the cowboys.. their draft has been able to produce some good backups and good starter material.
2k,if the skinz had 2 top 20 picks like dallas did last and took 2 defensive players,we'd be gloating too,but why didnt we get chris canty from uva?

No, the same owner who pulled the trigger on the Hershel Walker trade that enabled us to win 3 Super Bowl Championships. :applause:

And what QB did we draft that besides Carter (pre-BP) that didnt work out?

walker for 15 draft picks is worst trade ever,why did the nfl even allow it to go through? they wanted dallas in SB perhaps?:dallasuck

walker for 15 draft picks is worst trade ever,why did the nfl even allow it to go through? they wanted dallas in SB perhaps?:dallasuck

No one questioned it at the time.

It was what Dallas and Jerry Jones made of those "15 draft picks" :rolleyes: that made all the difference in the world.

Archived