Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders + our talent= perfect fit

gchwood

Bear with me on this one, I have read and read about Saunders on this board. But I have not seen an in depth position by position analysis about why he fits for us.

QB- Jason Campbell. First Bruenell has served us well, but he is not the type of quarterback that Saunders needs. Saunders whole offense is predicated on a rediculously accurate qb. Campbell made his name known for that in the Auburn offense completing 68% of his passes in his final season there. Not only is he accurate but he is tall, with good vision, and fresh legs (which Bruenell does not have)

RB- Clinton Portis. Clinton is going to be an even bigger part of this offense if that is even possible, he is going to be more involved in the passing game, plus Saunders offense allows for more outside runs, which will utilize that great speed.

TE- Chris Cooley. We all know how Saunders offense features a pass catching TE. Well we have one of the best (IMO). Cooley gives Saunders the TE he never had, Cooley is faster, stronger and pimps better than Tony G.

WR-Santana Moss and ?. Saunders offenses have never had really good wideouts. Last year, his best receiver was Eddie Kennison, not exactly heart stopping. Imagine what he can do with an awesome receiver like Santana. He does need some receivers that can actually catch. If the Skins pick up a cheap possesion receiver they should be set there.

OL- Dirtbags. We have one of the best OLs in the league, they really started to jell in the 2nd half of the season, than Randy went down. If we keep this line, we will have the same starters on our line for 2 years in a row. A first time in a long time occurance. We need to add depth.

Saunders offenses have been typically near the top of the league in scoring and yards. Something this team hasn't seen in a few years. we have the personnel. We have the staff. We have the best fans. We have a great chance at the Super Bowl. Imagine a Top 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense!!!!

Don't underestimate Eddie Kennison. He's not Santana Moss, but Eddie was once the NFL’s fastest man. Samie Parker is speedy, too, and we know Dante Hall is.

One of the keys to an Al Saunders offense is stretching the field. Our #2 WR won't be a possession receiver, he will be a burner.

Don't underestimate Eddie Kennison. He's not Santana Moss, but Eddie was once the NFL’s fastest man. Samie Parker is speedy, too, and we know Dante Hall is.

One of the keys to an Al Saunders offense is stretching the field. Our #2 WR won't be a possession receiver, he will be a burner.

we have that in Patten right? And maybe just maybe Sanders gives A.Brown a chance at WR again. Talk about speed with A. Brown, Moss and Patten...Wow.

we have that in Patten right? And maybe just maybe Sanders gives A.Brown a chance at WR again. Talk about speed with A. Brown, Moss and Patten...Wow.

Well Gibbs said he would add 2 new receivers. Patten could make a good speedy #2. We'll see if one of the new guys beats him out for the job.

TE- Chris Cooley. We all know how Saunders offense features a pass catching TE. Well we have one of the best (IMO). Cooley gives Saunders the TE he never had, Cooley is faster, stronger and pimps better than Tony G.

:laugh:

You're kidding right? There's no way in hell Cooley is faster or stronger than Tony Gonzalez.

I love Cooley, but in terms of athetic ability he's nowhere near Tony G.

Just don't expect a top 5 offense next year, Saunders is taking a step down in personnel pretty much everywhere, be it small or large.

Edit: Except 1st wideout. I'd take Moss over Kennison, but KC's depth trumps ours.

This is pretty accurate, unfortunately. I think we have a better #1 WR but maybe not a better WR corps. I also think Portis and LJ are pretty comparable. Other than that, the Chiefs have us at OL, QB, and TE (though I like what we bring to the table).

We were #11 in offense last year. I think what Saunders can bring is more consistency so we don't have a 450 yard day followed by a 120 yard one.

Just don't expect a top 5 offense next year, Saunders is taking a step down in personnel pretty much everywhere, be it small or large.

Edit: Except 1st wideout. I'd take Moss over Kennison, but KC's depth trumps ours.

I dunno about all that. I think that Priest and LJ have been benefited by the system, not saying they are bad. But Priest did nothing before going there. I bet that if you put Clinton with the chiefs these past few years we would be talking about him as the best RB in the league (wait we already do)

I think that our line could be just as good if not better than thiers, our problem is that we have had no consistancy at the line, always filling a gap now we have a chance to start the same line again next year that is great!!

I still contend that Tony G is way overrated, and Cooley could be just as good if not better.

Antonio Brown has not proven that he can hold on to the ball and Patten is...what, like 31? Personally, I don't see Patten staying a Redskin very long. Why do you think he left New England? He was a #3 receiver there and he expected to have a major role here. Well, we all know that didn't happen. If find a better #2 receiver, what will that make Patten? #3 again?

Patten received a $3.3 million bonus and does have legitimate deep speed. I see him returning to compete for a spot in 2006, whether as the #2 or #3.

My guess is the Skins acquire a somewhat younger player with better size to be the #2 and Patten becomes the #3. Thrash will remain as the #4. And the team will draft or sign as a UDFA a younger player to bring along as a developmental WR as the #5.

:laugh:

You're kidding right? There's no way in hell Cooley is faster or stronger than Tony Gonzalez.

I love Cooley, but in terms of athetic ability he's nowhere near Tony G.

I think he is faster then Tony G and has all the potential in the world, but your right as far as being in Tony's leauge, he still has a ways to go but definately has the teachers to take him.

Archived