Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins America's team?

BLK95TA

Redskins Fans Break Attendance Record

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14509

attendance for the 2005 season at FedExField totaled 716,999, making it the NFL's new top single season mark in front of a home crowd.

and

In 2005, the Washington Redskins established a new NFL attendance record for the sixth season in a row by playing in front of 1,260,275 fans in their 16 games.

So for 6 seasons in a row the Redskins set attendance records in the NFL for home and away games. People want to see the Redskins play!

Redskins Fans Break Attendance Record

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14509

attendance for the 2005 season at FedExField totaled 716,999, making it the NFL's new top single season mark in front of a home crowd.

and

In 2005, the Washington Redskins established a new NFL attendance record for the sixth season in a row by playing in front of 1,260,275 fans in their 16 games.

So for 6 seasons in a row the Redskins set attendance records in the NFL for home and away games. People want to see the Redskins play!

that's because we're the greatest, and have by far the most loyal fans:helmet: :helmet: :logo: :logo: :logo: :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :cheers:

True, we have the biggest stadium but we also set the overall record 6 years straight. 8 of those games arent played at Fed Ex.

I think its also a testament to how faithful the Redskins fans are. I mean seriously, prior to this year we hadnt been winning alot of games but still had fan support and filling a 90k seat stadium. I've seen alot smaller stadiums half empty.

Guest ComebackKing

Overall on the street you will find on average more Dallas fans than Redskins fans. Not on the streets of DC but almost everywhere else in the country.

Redskins America's team?

I don't want to be America's team!!! let the Cowgirls have that arrogant title for all of the good it will do. Redskins fans have too much class and follow their own path... I hope that the media and the rest of the NFL lacks respect for us, although after some of the beatings our defense laid on teams last year I doubt there will be many teams that will want to play against a well rested defense as our offence should control the ball and the scoreboard with our brand new high powered coordinator!!

Hey Dallas signed Parcells to an extension and even though we beat them twice, once badly they were installed immediatley over us in the division!!!

When we hold up the SB trophy next year I wonder what Bill P will be doing?????

yay! me and my bros count for 4 of the 716,000 that watched the skins @ home! oh my I feel special! I would love to go every game but being 20yrs old and at college make it JUST kind of impossible. When I get my 1st job, my 1st paycheck = 2 redskins tickets and beer for tailgating (if I get a good enough paycheck maybe some $7 beers inside :|)

Overall on the street you will find on average more Dallas fans than Redskins fans. Not on the streets of DC but almost everywhere else in the country.

Define the word fan in this instance? Just because a person says they "follow" a particular team does not necessarily make them a true fan, moreover in many instances when a team does succeed it attracts bandwagon hoppers. Take in the NFL for example the Patriots, or for those with knowledge of that "other" football game. Soccer (football to us in europe and the uk), when Manchester United won everything there was to win in the late 90s all of a sudden hundreds and thousands of "fans" poured out of the woodwork.

Many of them were just hangers on and bandwagon hoppers who had no real idea about the alumni of United, the Busby Babes, George Best, or even who the manager was before Sir Alex Ferguson. They just saw success and thought ill cheer along with it. In many instances they had no clue as to what they were cheering for. A joke that floated around the uk was how many man utd fans had actually been to Old Trafford (their stadium) or that the Man Utd official supporters club office was in Portsmouth (the opposite end of the country to those who arent familiar with English geography). Personally im not a Man Utd fan, im not even much of a football fan (soccer to my american friends) but i watch the games if theyre on tv and cheer along when its the World Cup but more than that the game does not interest me like the NFL does.

However the point i am making is, i would rather have 10,000 fans to talk to who know the history of their team and are proud of that history, and can hold informative and interesting discussion over coffee and bagels or beers and nachos than have myself a team with 100,000 fans who dont know squat about what theyre cheering for.

*Pause for breath*

In short then, who really needs the title of Americas Team, we already know that this team is the greatest team in the NFL, do we really need a crappy title to prove it. The rest of the NFL will find all of this out i think, soon enough.

Thanks guys

:logo:

did anyone notice sun devil stadium when we played the birdies, it was nearly empty...the redkins team belongs to the fans more than Green Bay belongs to that community

I love the Skins but the Greenbay comment is a big stretch. You know those people love their team when the Pack is in the middle of a losing season its a Monday Night in November they are 2-7 on the way to 2-8. That stadium is packed.

Danny is no longer the man everyone loves to hate, tho some still do, Gibbs is the most likeable coach in all of football, most of the player act right on and off the field (not saying theyre Darrell Green but they aren TO either) and the Redskins are winners again. All those things equate to a solid fan base. Those of us who have always loved the Skins, for better or worse can sit back and enjoy the ride, but know this, we will be alone on the bus again someday. Thats fine with me.

HTTR

Let them be America's team we don't need that title. I prefer to be bashed, picked for last, etc. So we can throw it back in the man's face when Joe is on top in 06. However, I did have a long conversation with a some at the Tampa Road game this year and he did tell me that other than Steelers the Skins have the best road turnouts of anyteam he had seen.

I dont think capacity has anything to do with it,It comes down to loyalty.The skins have probably been one of the worst teams from 2000 to 2004 and we still broke attendance records.

Capacity has nothing to do with it? Are you really that naive? There are 2 other teams, just in the NFC East, that sell out every game and have waiting lists for season tickets at least 5 years long. Trust me, the biggest stadium wins the attendance record in the NFL. Its that simple.

Maybe size doesn't matter in Tampa, or Arizona, or Houston, where the fan base has other things to do and aren't freaks like us.

HTTR

I would REALLY rather the Redskins were NOT America's team. I don't enjoy rooting for "the favorite" or "most popular" teams. It actually is beginning to make me sick to hear the media start predicting us in the Super Bowl. Seriously, I'm getting physically ill from witnessing that kind of favoritism... that's a lot of pressure :)

Let the Cowboys have that title, thanks.

And we'll continue to be the best fans in the NFL.

You also must remember how visiting teams fans totally infiltrated Fed Ex Field from 2000 to 2004.

It wasnt like the place was filled with 90K Redskins fans.

Of course it changed when Gibbs came back but even then when we started losing you saw way too many Iggle fans in Fed Ex.

I think this year was the first in a long time where it was actually OUR HOUSE.

Archived