Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Future is Cambell?!?! what future?

Doodie987

People keep talking about Jason Cambell being the future of our team, they say he is going to be our QB for the coming years... they signed brunell for 6 years, if they get rid of ramsey then their going to pick up another QB. when is jason cambells future going to start when hes 35? i am pro cambell but when he is going to play?? if anyone knows their intentions for cambell LET ME KNOW... i really would like to know

The team likes him....DC likes him....But when will we find out who he even is?

he had a great pre-season....baltimore game 4th qtr..good stuff

Maybe a few words from Gibbs will help calm you down(From press conference)

My impression is that he's very accurate. I think he's going to be a guy that can really roam with a football. I think he's going to make plays with his feet. I think he has a sense of what the pocket is. He'll slide. He's going to be hard to sack because he's so big. We've seen a lot out of him. Now, he needs to play. We'll get into that. I laughingly told him, 'Take the hat off and throw it away. You're getting ready to go work. You're going to have to earn your money.' [CB, #22] Carlos [Rogers] was yelling at him, too. He said, 'I told my buddy that he has to start earning his money. The rest of us are out there playing.' Anyway, I think Jason had a year that was probably good for him. He got to hear it, see it, and go through it. He probably learned a lot."

Jason Campbell may indeed be the "future" of this team and I have NO problem with that. However, the "present" for the Redskins is going to last at least another year and that present can only reach it's goals with Mark Brunell under center. Keep in mind that Mark Rypien waited for a few years before he was given the driver's seat. Joe Theisman waited about 6-8 years.

Archived