OOKLAH THE MOC and others

BELLY UP TAVERN, Solana Beach, CA

more info t.b.a. soon.

March 30 (Thursday)

OOKLAH THE MOC

BOOMSHAKA

COACH HOUSE, San Juan Capistrano, CA

$15 cover, call club for details @ (949) 496-8930

Four roots bands, LONG SET of OOKLAH new and classic material.

March 31 (Friday)

OOKLAH THE MOC and others

WORLD BEAT CENTER, San Diego, CA

more info t.b.a. soon.

It bears pointing out because I don't know who you're referring to when you say Black Uhuru is the King of Dub.

For beginners, I've never heard Black Uhuru classified as "dub". Secondly, Black Uhuru has undergone various transformations in terms of band members since their inception. So just who are you referring to when you say "he is the King of Dub"?

It bears pointing out because I don't know who you're referring to when you say Black Uhuru is the King of Dub.

For beginners, I've never heard Black Uhuru classified as "dub". Secondly, Black Uhuru has undergone various transformations in terms of band members since their inception. So just who are you referring to when you say "he is the King of Dub"?

You couldn't tell I was referring to Black Uhuru simply because I said "he"??

Black Uhuru is the King of Dub.

Wow, your powers of deduction are pathetic. Not exactly sure what's so difficult about that. I'll try to type slower for you next time.

It doesn't matter how THEY're classified. THEY have a huge "Roots" influence as well, but if you can't acknowledge THEY Dub as well, then once again, your powers of deduction are pathetic. Don't worry about the fact THEY have albums titled "In Dub" or "the Dub Factor."

THEY dub now don't THEY?

You couldn't tell I was referring to Black Uhuru simply because I said "he"??

Black Uhuru is the King of Dub.

Wow, your powers of deduction are pathetic. Not exactly sure what's so difficult about that. I'll try to type slower for you next time.

It doesn't matter how THEY're classified. THEY have a huge "Roots" influence as well, but if you can't acknowledge THEY Dub as well, then once again, your powers of deduction are pathetic. Don't worry about the fact THEY have albums titled "In Dub" or "the Dub Factor."

THEY dub now don't THEY?

Well then - even conversations about reggae are turning ugly now. Marley would be proud.

Tis a long off season boys.

"Dub" is produced in the studio by re-mixes of recordings. King Tubby, Sly and Robbie, and Prince Jammys, all producers, take recordings and created the dub sound for Black Uhuru.

Black Uhuru is a reggae vocal group. Sly and Robbie, as well as Prince Jammys, have teamed up with not only Black Uhuru, but a number of reggae artists to produce a dub sound.

Again I ask you, who are you referring to when you refer to "he" in Black Uhuru as the "King of Dub"?

Yes, perhaps my powers of deduction are pathetic. How about you humor me?

"Dub" is produced in the studio by re-mixes of recordings. King Tubby, Sly and Robbie, and Prince Jammys, all producers, take recordings and created the dub sound for Black Uhuru.

Black Uhuru is a reggae vocal group. Sly and Robbie, as well as Prince Jammys, have teamed up with not only Black Uhuru, but a number of reggae artists to produce a dub sound.

Again I ask you, who are you referring to when you refer to "he" in Black Uhuru as the "King of Dub"?

Yes, perhaps my powers of deduction are pathetic. How about you humor me?

Yeah, I know what dub is thanks.

Forgive me, I should've said:

"The dub produced by the reggae vocal group 'Black Uhuru" is second to none."

Is that better? My bad.

Although I'm mostly a punk rocker, I like reggae as well. Bob Marley and the Wailers' "Legend" is definitely a must listen!

The Clash, one of my all-time favorite bands, also did a good job of blending reggae into their music. Their version of "Police and Thieves" is awesome. Other good Clash songs in the reggae vein include "The Guns of Brixton" and "Junco Partner."

I also enjoy listening to Madness, the Specials and the English Beat, which were three great British ska groups from the late 70s.

Well...to be fair, they have several songs with "Dub" in the title, such as Dub on the Mountain. But, I agree...they definitely aren't known for it. If I had to pick a "king of Dub," I would probably say Lee Perry, King Tubby or The Scientist...

Black Uhuru is definitely known for their vocal reggae, and not their dub. I don't know how you could label them "king of dub..."

Best things going for reggae right now are Matisyahu and Damian Marley.

You know, I listened to Matisyahu the other day for the first time, and while its not bad, its definitely not "the best thing going for reggae right now." In fact, I think he very loosely fits into the reggae genre...but that's all my opinion.

IMHO, the "best thing for reggae" has always been and will always be Robert Nesta Marley....but that's just me. Noone will ever top his accomplishments.

Archived