Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gregg Williams is STILL next in line...

AUviaDC101

Al Saunders is not Head Coach Material. He is Gregg's right hand man in a couple years. All this means is that GREGG will have the loudest voice in the WAR room this year...

Al Saunders is gonna help recruit a top Free Agent wideout, and his offseason work is typically done (besides getting the HOGS/Dirtbags back in order). He may toss in a few choice words on an O-Lineman later on in the draft... But you can DEFINATELY expect this draft to be DEFENSE oriented.

Gibbs is a Genius, and the amount of money thrown at Williams by Snyder practically guarantees him the first ticket to the Washington throne. Saunders just sures up his offensive side...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Saunders will make a great, great Assistant and probably do nice things with the Offense next year. He's too old for the current NFL to become a first-time HC, though, and probably knows it. Just look at how young the crop of HC's recently hired is.

Saunders will make a great, great Assistant and probably do nice things with the Offense next year. He's too old for the current NFL to become a first-time HC, though, and probably knows it. Just look at how young the crop of HC's recently hired is.

He's actually been a head coach before I beleive...

Williams will be the HC when Gibbs steps down. Most likely the Skins have figured that if Saunders gets a great opportunity for HC and leaves, then so be it, 1 year with his influence is better than none. But it is highly unlikely that he will get many HC opportunities in good ownership situations considering that he is nearly 60 years old and only has 1.5 years as a HC in the 80's. Most of the time the 60 something year old coaches have track records as being very good HC's previously: Gibbs, Vermeil, Parcells .... This is one of the reasons why Ernie Zampese never really got a gig as HC after his successful stints with the Rams and Cowboys.

Actually, in the ORIGINAL 'Saunders Signs with the Skins' post, a few people made the assumption that Williams was mad about the Saunders signing. As if it would harm his chances for the Head Coaching position in the coming years...

And yes... This is the CLOSEST thing that I as a man has to a Soap Opera...

Sorry, I live, and die... Laugh and Cry... Piss and Poop with my REDSKINS on MY MIND...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Man, everyone wants to start controvery. I just think that we will be more consistent and who knows, with this new coordinator, who knows who the QB position will be occupied by next year.:logo::logo::logo:

I echo that. Clearly Gibbs wants some input.....and some help. He wasn't perfect last year and he knows it.

Williams? Does anyone really believe he is so insecure that this move upset him....or made him wish he had't signed the deal with the Skins? Snyder made GW a rich man with that deal AND GW's family wanted to be in D.C.

Now all of a sudden those benefits don't matter because Saunders shows up?

Al Saunders is not Head Coach Material. He is Gregg's right hand man in a couple years. All this means is that GREGG will have the loudest voice in the WAR room this year...

Al Saunders is gonna help recruit a top Free Agent wideout, and his offseason work is typically done (besides getting the HOGS/Dirtbags back in order). He may toss in a few choice words on an O-Lineman later on in the draft... But you can DEFINATELY expect this draft to be DEFENSE oriented.

Gibbs is a Genius, and the amount of money thrown at Williams by Snyder practically guarantees him the first ticket to the Washington throne. Saunders just sures up his offensive side...

Gibbs For Life!!!

I agree that Williams is probablt going to be the next Head Coach, but disagree with the rest of your post. Gibbs will the the final say in the war room. He'll listen closely to all of his staff, but he'll call the shots, not Williams.

Also, the oline is in order now, and was playing very well until Thomas went out, and even then played pretty well. I'm sure Saunders will look for ways to better use the oline, but I don't see him being overly involved coaching them. Buges is the best in the business.

Lastly, I think that Gibbs will go for balance in the draft, but I would not be surprised to see the Redskins draft more offensive players than defensive. The team just has more talent, youth, and depth on the offensive side of the ball.

If I had to guess, the team will try to draft a several lineman for both offense and defense. They really need some youth to develop on both lines. I also wouldn't be surprised if the team looked at corners, tight ends, and receivers.

I agree. I beleive Williams' latest extension includes a $1M if he's NOT hired to succeed Gibbs.

That confused me at first too, but I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Williams wants to be a head coach, period. So, it's more or less saying, if we don't hire you as our head coach, we'll give you $1 million. Pretty much ensuring him at that position.

Hopefully that clears it up.

Archived