Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ULTIMATE QB DEBATE...

AUviaDC101

Jason Campbell or Mark Brunell...

Jason Campbell brings you YOUTH, AGILITY, MOBILITY, A GUN, RAW TALENT, and COACHABLE SKILL...

Mark Brunell brings you AWARENESS, slight POCKET PRESENCE, and EXPERIENCE.

If we pick up a veteran #2 WR, and allow Campbell a FAIR chance in the PRESEASON (opening up the playbook)... I think Campbell will both win the starting nod (TBD by week 4), and he will prove alot of doubters wrong. Gibbs is NO fool, and HE KNOWS he has to win soon.

Let the KID PLAY!!!

What do we have to lose? He is the BEST QB on the team, athletically. That in itself says enough.

J-Cam, is the next #17...

Let it be...

Best case would be for Ramsey to win the job in training camp and Campbell as the Backup for the year and have him take over the following season.

If Ramsey is not around next season, they might as well insert Campbell as the starter.

I expect this season is about as good as Brunell can get, which isn't good enough. He should call it quits.

I think campbell will be our starter next year. Brunell did a good job this year by getting us to the playoffs but remember he is 36 years old. He is on the down side of his career. Put campbell in their because he's young and athletic plus he has a good arm. Gibbs did not draft him to sit on the bench.

give him the job and all the confidence. This make him earn it is macho dumb crap

How do u suppose they compete for the job? In the pre season? When teams do not use anything complicated or blitz? Brunell will show us nothing new. His game is his whole career. Campbell should be given the job because it gives motivation do try even harder in the off season.

This make him earn it is crap. If you are a person on a job and it is your first week on the job and you got a guy who has been there and has done a average job but knows how to do the job better then you at the start does that mean they should keep the job over you? No you let them learn by playing . If Brunell was so great he would have earned the spot in the 2 yrs he has played. He still has been up and down. Its time for the new person to the start the job

Noone has ever really seen anything from Campbell at full speed in the NFL. This is all speculation. What makes you so sure he's the answer? Because we picked him up in the first round? How many other 1st round busts have there been?

I'd ride Brunell until he falls apart, which probably won't be too far off. He can't still take care of business next season.

We are going to be ready for a run at the Super Bowl next year, Jason Campbell cannot take us there.

Brunell has proven that he is still good, but only good enough to get us to the playoffs, look at how he wore down, we will make it to the playoffs with same result next season if Brunell is QB, no Super Bowl. This season was Brunell's chance, with all the top teams out of the playoffs, the championship is up for grabs.

Ok I have a better question. Can anyone tell me how many passes were thrown to Patten before he was injured? I'd really like to know, and then compare that to how many passes were thrown to someone else other than Moss and Cooley.

Brunell has a serious problem with getting the ball to our 2nd WR. Our 2nd WR was a serious problem. Hmmm, so will a GOOD 2nd WR mean that MB will be able to complete more passes to someone OTHER than Moss?

I really don't understand how you give a 10-6 team to essentially a rookie QB. Even if we gave Campbell the starting job Gibbs would pull him by the second game. Campbell is not the answer yet.

that does make sence. Campbell will be essentially a rookie for his whole career if we follow your logic. If he does not play this yr he will be a rookie in 07, if he does not play in 07 he will be a rookie in 08. Why did we draft him if is not going to play?

DID YOU SEE THE YEAR BRUNELL HAD.

He brought us to the playoffs. How can you want JC to start this early in his career. All of our skill players are in there prime and we cant rethink things. Groom JC for one or two more years while Brunell produces playoffs numbers. I think theres no doubt in my mind JC will be great, i just think Brunell earned everything he has and cant lose the job till he gives it up.

Ok I have a better question. Can anyone tell me how many passes were thrown to Patten before he was injured? I'd really like to know, and then compare that to how many passes were thrown to someone else other than Moss and Cooley.

Brunell has a serious problem with getting the ball to our 2nd WR. Our 2nd WR was a serious problem. Hmmm, so will a GOOD 2nd WR mean that MB will be able to complete more passes to someone OTHER than Moss?

Gardner caught 88 balls as a rookie and Brunell could not get the ball to him. Coles got every ball. I think its more of a problem with Brunell them the recievers

DID YOU SEE THE YEAR BRUNELL HAD.

He brought us to the playoffs. How can you want JC to start this early in his career. All of our skill players are in there prime and we cant rethink things. Groom JC for one or two more years while Brunell produces playoffs numbers. I think theres no doubt in my mind JC will be great, i just think Brunell earned everything he has and cant lose the job till he gives it up.

BRUNELL BROUGHT US IN THE PLAYOFFS? Nope, he jumped on the defense back.

Without defense and special teams we are out scored in 2 of the last 5 regular season games. Vs Cardinals and Eagles. Without defense we are 8-8. Brunell is about a 500 QB

Archived