Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ONE MORE Gator.

Mickalino

I liked the idea of Ellis Johnson more than this guy. I don't think we need a project type at DT. We have better than that now. We could use a proven starter there, but, it appears we're going with what we're going with and Powell did well there for us in the preseason. Cowsette had big games too, but his was against lesser players in general. Our receiving group and defensive line has answered a lot of questions in the preseason.

I agree on Ellis Johnson. Even if the Skins were interested I think the perception, and rightly so, for Johnson is that Wilkinson and Gardener are the starters here and if healthy Ellis is going to be the #3 tackle as part of a rotation.

No doubt he and his agent are looking for a team where he can be an everydown starter and I think that is probably a realistic outlook given the dearth of line talent around the NFL.

Look for a team like the Panthers or even the Rams to give him shout.

Ellis signed with the Falcons. He is a stud and will help Atlanta a lot. He was out of our price range.

Johnson, 28, signed a three-year contract worth $4.5 million, with a signing bonus of $1 million and a base salary of $650,000 for 2002. There were a number of other teams interested in Johnson, but some offered just one-year contracts, and others simply did not appeal to him as much as the situation with the new-look Falcons defense.

Ellis Johnson's looking for a big payday and I can tell you from so many forced fed Colts games, he was beginning to get his arse pushed around way too often for those kind of clams. In the modern (current) age of things and this being the official week of NFL football teams commentary, aint no friggin way.

IMHO, there's only two more Gators even worth considering......they aren't on defense......and they are not available 'till next year......

Hilliard (Giants UFA next year)

Grossman (I know, I know, I've told other Gator fans to shut up about this, but *damn* he looked *great* in the first game of the season. I don't think it would happen, but he makes me salivate at the possibilities.....can't we just entertain the thought of trading Ramsey next year? hmmmm....????.....????......OK OK!!!)

Archived