Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nick Novak and Andy Groom

Daanie

Tom Tupa is our punter. He was hurt last year. Frost was just filling in. Hall was hurt but only missed a couple of field goals. If Novak is so great how come the Cowboys cut him and signed all these other jokers.

Tupa is old and he has a bad back, I don't think we can rely on him, but I agree that Frost has to go. Novak was decent in filling in for Hall, and even won a game for us, so I can't knock him, but he did have two of his field goal attempts blocked and could not kick off.

I think Hall is due a big roster bonus this year, and he has not performed for us consistently, so most likely he will be gone. There are always free agent kickers out there, hopefully we can find someone decent. Hall is gone.

Tom Tupa is our punter. He was hurt last year. Frost was just filling in. Hall was hurt but only missed a couple of field goals. If Novak is so great how come the Cowboys cut him and signed all these other jokers.

The Cowpukes also said that Chris Cooley wasn't NFL material, so to me they don't know what they are doing.

I agree about Andy Groom. The upside was huge. The biggest mistake Danny Smith made IMHO.

Frost is terrible. Another Danny Smith mistake, but rock/hard place.

Tupa may well just be done. Getting old. I wish Groom was still here, green as he was and all.

Nick Novak? No way. He was terrible. There's a good reason he's not here.

I don't understand the facisnation with Groom or Novak:

Groom: Gross Avg 39.0, Net 34.8

Frost: Gross Avg 40.4, Net 36.7

Frost, despite his shanks had a higher gross and net average.

And Novak was shorter on kickoffs than Hall. The only love for Novak should be for that short kickoff he gave to us when he was with Arizona that we returned for a touchdown.

Novak: 57.2 kickoff avg

Hall: 60.5 kickoff avg

So are there threads on the Colts website asking for the removal of Vanderjact, b/c if the Colts let him go, that is the only other person I would take. A descent kicker is hard to find, let alone a good one. Hall has degressed recently, but he is still better then a lot of the guys out there. Who would we get, Jose Cortez?

You Novak lovers really make me laugh.

If he was any good he would be kicking for someone.

He is at best a fill guy.

When evaluating kickers you don't just see if a guy can kick a 45 yard FG on a consistant basis or whatever.

You have to be able to clear the line, which means no only do you need distance on your kicks you need to get it up off the ground fairly quickly, which is just as important and distance.

Novak is not good at this, which is why he not kicking for anyone right now. You people wanna harp on the 3 FG's that Hall missed but you could care less about the FG that Novak had blocked at Denver.

What was the score of that game? 21-19?? Nah, that kick was important.

So please, quit crying for Novak, he's not any good.

You Novak lovers really make me laugh.

If he was any good he would be kicking for someone.

He is at best a fill guy.

When evaluating kickers you don't just see if a guy can kick a 45 yard FG on a consistant basis or whatever.

You have to be able to clear the line, which means no only do you need distance on your kicks you need to get it up off the ground fairly quickly, which is just as important and distance.

Novak is not good at this, which is why he not kicking for anyone right now. You people wanna harp on the 3 FG's that Hall missed but you could care less about the FG that Novak had blocked at Denver.

What was the score of that game? 21-19?? Nah, that kick was important.

So please, quit crying for Novak, he's not any good.

What's the deal with everyone loving on Novak. I don't get it, he is okay and had a few okay games with us. His MAJOR problem though on field goals is he kicks way to low and has a tendency to allow the defense to block kicks allot. I say pass, bigtime!

What's the deal with everyone loving on Novak. I don't get it, he is okay and had a few okay games with us. His MAJOR problem though on field goals is he kicks way to low and has a tendency to allow the defense to block kicks allot. I say pass, bigtime!

Ok, all those problems you just listed ar fixable... He was a rookie, and has a bigger upside then an aging, overpaid short kicking Hall. Do we have a special teams kicking coach? With Novak and Halls kicks both being short, could we replace the guy coaching the kickers? Hall was on our injury list two out of the last two years.... our kicker!

Archived