Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jake Delhomme reminds me of Patrick Ramsey

tenken627

Delhomme is a much better athlete than Ramsey ... but the real issue is Fox vs. Gibbs. The former is aggressive and a risk taker whereas the latter is an ultra-conservative, percentage, play-it-safe player with self-esteem issues. Today's games make it obvious as to which direction the Skins must take in order to be successful in today's NFL.

isn't it funny how stats can lie? Brunell's stat line from the Seattle game read 22 completions for 242 yards and 1 TD with no interceptions. And yet the Redskins offense was so inept and anemic for long stretches in that game.

It's funny you mention that. I was thinking the same could be said for Brunell's TD/Int ratio during the regular season. I'd bet that almost half of Brunell's TD passes came inside the 5 yard line on naked bootlegs to either Sellers or Cooley (who were completely wide open).

Delhomme is a much better athlete than Ramsey ... but the real issue is Fox vs. Gibbs. The former is aggressive and a risk taker whereas the latter is an ultra-conservative, percentage, play-it-safe player with self-esteem issues. Today's games make it obvious as to which direction the Skins must take in order to be successful in today's NFL.

Did you just say Gibbs has self-esteem issues? wtf :doh:

Delhomme has three things going for him

1- Steve Smith

2- Nobody seems to take him seriously

3- Steve Smith again

Without Steve Smith last year Delhomme led the Panthers to a 1-7 start. I live here, I know these things. Is Delhomme a great quarterback? No way. Is he good? As long as Steve Smith is playing and nobody gameplans for him. When some team seriously focuses, Delhomme's on fans here in N.C. don't want him. I'm an N.C. State Wolfpack fan, and their board has all year long had a "Cut Jake Delhomme" thread. I really believe the Giants and Bears were looking a week ahead past the Panthers. That's the exact reason I've picked the Panthers to win the S.B., because nobody seems to take them seriously.

The stuff Delhomme does in Carolina he could never do in D.C., Gibbs would cut him in training camp. Even Jimmy Johnson, who has a great eye for talent, said he didn't like Delhomme. Steve Smith and an all star defense is what has kept him his job for this long. I know this because I witness it all the time here. But whenever, someone talks about Delhomme, I just remember 1-7 and that's iron clad.

1- Steve Smith

3- Steve Smith again

Without Steve Smith last year Delhomme led the Panthers to a 1-7 start. I live here, I know these things. Is Delhomme a great quarterback? No way. Is he good? As long as Steve Smith is playing and nobody gameplans for him. When some team seriously focuses, Delhomme's on fans here in N.C. don't want him. I'm an N.C. State Wolfpack fan, and their board has all year long had a "Cut Jake Delhomme" thread. I really believe the Giants and Bears were looking a week ahead past the Panthers. That's the exact reason I've picked the Panthers to win the S.B., because nobody seems to take them seriously.

The stuff Delhomme does in Carolina he could never do in D.C., Gibbs would cut him in training camp. Even Jimmy Johnson, who has a great eye for talent, said he didn't like Delhomme. Steve Smith and an all star defense is what has kept him his job for this long. I know this because I witness it all the time here. But whenever, someone talks about Delhomme, I just remember 1-7 and that's iron clad.

Nicely done!! I would have to agree with you on that.

Why isnt this in the moron thread????

HTTR

Because you didn't post in it.

Oh WHOOPS! Now you did. Ok ok this topic now belongs in the moron thread.

No one is saying that Delhomme is the greatest quarterback, that Ramsey is the second coming, etc. etc.

You guys have some pretty bad reading comprehension.

All people are saying is that they are tired of having a quarterback controversy every single year for the past 20 years.

I believe Brunell should start next year, and that if we have to use Campbell, that we groom him right. Be patient with him. And if he does show flashes, give him a chance to grow.

We never had a franchise quarterback since Theismann went down and it wouldn't hurt to have a little stability there.

Nicely done!! I would have to agree with you on that.

I agree with you agreeing with me. What's up peele?! Ladies and Gentlemen of Extremeskins, I would like to introduce to you -peele- who was a stud defensive end in central N.C. while in high school. And as a quarterback he also has a better arm than Delhomme. At least peele actually has his eyes open when he is throwing the ball. :)

i'm still with you. people don't realize delhomme isn't a 3rd year qb. he rode the bench a few years in new orleans. also delhomme throws a nice share of INTs to go with his td passes (the guy takes chances to win).

*sigh*...who cares :(

Exactly...If you play, you are going to make mistakes. Brunnell doesnt make mistakes because he doesnt play. Or more so, he just cant play any more....Poor guy.

I don't think they are similar.

I do think, however, that Ramsey can be a good starter in this league if given the chance. I hope he gets that chance somewhere. I'll be rooting for him.

Actually very similar situation he was not wanted in New orleans so they ended up cutting him.

Why are you lying to yourself? Ramsey couldn't hold Delhomme's jockstrap and you know it. He's not nearly as moblie or as good at reading defenses either.

actually ramsey is one of the best at reading defenses its reacting to them when they switch them is where he has problems look at both gianst games and he made excallent reads

1- Steve Smith

3- Steve Smith again

wasnt steve smith out the whole season? if he was then delhomme was able to adjust nicely and finish nicely

actually ramsey is one of the best at reading defenses its reacting to them when they switch them is where he has problems look at both gianst games and he made excallent reads

:wtf: Are you serious? If he was any better then Brunell, Ramsey would be starting. Delhomme is in the Pro Bowl for crying out loud! :doh:

:wtf: Are you serious? If he was any better then Brunell, Ramsey would be starting. Delhomme is in the Pro Bowl for crying out loud! :doh:

Delhomme wouldn't be in the Probowl if he played with the Redskins. Or maybe even starting since he makes the same boneheaded plays that Ramsey does.

Brunell was the right QB for us this year, but I think the age and injuries are rising up fast.

Delhomme wouldn't be in the Probowl if he played with the Redskins. Or maybe even starting since he makes the same boneheaded plays that Ramsey does.

Brunell was the right QB for us this year, but I think the age and injuries are rising up fast.

I can't believe you just said that. Delhomme is playing next week and honestly, Moss isn't that much different then Steve Smith. Moss was number two in recieving yards, and it's not like the panthers have a world class WR core outside Steve Smith. Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, I'll give you that, but Delhomme is a helluva lot better QB then then Ramsey is right now. Denying that is insane. I'd take Delhomme over all our QBs right now, any day of the week.

You don't know much about Delhomme do you?

You are just basing this on his play NOW, aren't you?

And yes, the Panthers are going to the Conference Championship and the Redskins are not, even though both only have 1 legitimate receiver and a great defense.

You don't know much about Delhomme do you?

You are just basing this on his play NOW, aren't you?

And yes, the Panthers are going to the Conference Championship and the Redskins are not, even though both only have 1 legitimate receiver and a great defense.

I know I watched the panthers in both their playoff games this year, and Delhomme still looks better then Ramsey. What have you been watching? Of course I'm basing it on his play now. Do you think anything anybody does during the regluar season matters now in the playoffs? Ask the Colts. Ask the Patriots. Ask Ramsey.

So you're telling me you haven't seen Delhomme at all previously?

He's a 6 year vet now I hope you know.

Now you've made the mistake of assuming Sh*t. You think I didn't watch the superbowl when played against the Pats? Who'd you rather have in there? Ramsey or Delhomme? Ramsey has proven nothing to me that he could handle that stage, and Delhomme almost won that game. The super bowl. Ramsey still has a clipboard in his hand, and you're arguing with me on which one is stupider? :doh: Just what is your point anyway?

All people are saying is that they are tired of having a quarterback controversy every single year for the past 20 years.

As long as Gibbs is the coach we are going to have a QB controversy. Why? Because Gibbs wants to have at least TWO good QBs at all times. He's always tried to do it, and he will continue to try. Look at his history, Theisman and Schroeder, Schroeder and Williams, Rypien and Humphries, etc. Get used to it.

Now if you have 2 good QBs there must be controversy. Everytime something goes wrong, half the fans will demand that the backup QB be put in, no matter which one it is. Unless, of course, we somehow come up with a world-beating QB like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Oh wait, Brunell got us as far into the playoffs this year as Peyton or Brady did. The only reason the Indy fans aren't calling for Peyton's head and Pats fans for Brady's head is those teams don't have a decent backup. So learn to live with a QB controversy, at least until Gibbs leaves.

Chill out.

Delhomme might be just as "stupid" as Ramsey.

But he is not afraid of getting yanked after doing the same boneheaded things that Ramsey had.

That has been the case for the Redskins for 29384729347 years now everytime we get a young quarterback.

The point is, please don't repeat it again with Campbell and groom him right.

As long as Gibbs is the coach we are going to have a QB controversy. Why? Because Gibbs wants to have at least TWO good QBs at all times. He's always tried to do it, and he will continue to try. Look at his history, Theisman and Schroeder, Schroeder and Williams, Rypien and Humphries, etc. Get used to it.

True. Thats also why I believe Ramsey will not be traded. Who knows if Campbell is ready or not.

Archived