Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jake Delhomme reminds me of Patrick Ramsey

tenken627

Watching the Panthers all year, Jake Delhomme reminds me a lot of Patrick Ramsey.

He does some of the boneheadest things you could do for a quarterback, lose games because of it, but man, can he fling the ball nice.

John Fox is a power running coach, but he has let the offense open up after that Superbowl year. During that season he ran Stephen Davis for like 80% of the plays. But in the playoffs, he started to open things up for Delhomme and Delhomme took off all the way to the Superbowl.

Delhomme still makes stupid mistakes, throws way too many interceptions, but John Fox is taking that gamble, and so far its paying off. He threw a touchdown against that Bears defense after only 1 minute from the start of the game.

I trust Joe Gibbs, and I hope that he could start trusting our qb more (whether it be Brunell or Campbell).

When I see the Carolina offense, it reminds me so much like our own. But they trust Delhomme, for good or worse, WAY more than we trust Brunell or Ramsey.

They have little to nothing in common. Delhomme is a very cereberal player, and he has anything but a gun for an arm.

i disagree. i see some similarity between the two. delhomme takes a lot of chances, but he knows when to do it and when to play it smart. gibbs likes to control his risks and i could imagine him being frustrated when his risk taking doesn't pan out (if gibbs had delhomme).

They are very similar, the difference is in the playcalling. The Panthers are "allowing" Delhomme to make the throws. If he doesn't make them or throws an interception, they allow him to do it again if they think it will work. Did you guys watch him that Superbowl year, and last year, and then again this year?

i disagree. i see some similarity between the two. delhomme takes a lot of chances, but he knows when to do it and when to play it smart. gibbs likes to control his risks and i could imagine him being frustrated when his risk taking doesn't pan out (if gibbs had delhomme).

Thats what I am saying. If Delhomme was on the Redskins, he would not be allowed to do the things he has been doing.

I'm not ripping anyone, I'm just seeing the potential if the playcalling is opened up more.

isn't it funny how stats can lie? Brunell's stat line from the Seattle game read 22 completions for 242 yards and 1 TD with no interceptions. And yet the Redskins offense was so inept and anemic for long stretches in that game.

All of those stats came DURING the 4th quarter, when we were FORCED to open up the playcalling.

Personally I think Ramsey is going to be a very good QB. I question why he didnt play more. He was picking the Bears apart in week 1 and threw the int then fumbled after getting his head ripped off. Im sure JG has his good reasons for going with Brunell but from watching him I think he makes similiar mistakes as Ramsey does. I also think Brunell misses a lot of open receivers. Im hoping Ramsey is in their future because I think they will regret letting him get away. Brunell is a good leader and a veteran but I think physically he is falling apart. I also think that JG having such a conservative offense is to blame. We were tearing up the league after the Dallas game then we went conservative and blew at least 3 games put our backs to the wall at 5-6 then became aggressive win the next 4 handily go coservative almost blow it to Philly Tampa and lose to Seattle. Point being we need to stay aggressive.

Another difference though is, the Panthers' running game has been working in the postseason. The Skins haven't run the ball well in either game, which puts 100x more pressure on the QB to make throws. Who knows how Ramsey would play given the lack of running game.

It's kinda hard for the running game not to work when Delhomme throws a bomb for a touchdown within 60 seconds of the game.

If you were a defensive coach, would you put an extra man in the box after that?

Deshaun Foster is nowhere near as good as Clinton Portis.

I am not saying Ramsey would do the same, but I am hoping Gibbs will trust his QBs a little more next year, whoever it is. If we stick with Brunell, who had a decent 4th quarter, we should build with that, trust that he can get it done.

This year, we lived and died by our power running game. It wasn't the coaching as others say, because we did the same all year. If it worked we won. If it didn't, we lost. We went farther than anyone expected and it was a great season.

Now we need to take that extra step to get that playoff bye and homefield advantage!

You think Delhomme is consistent????

He has single handedly lost games for the Panthers.

There is a reason why a lot of people call him Delhomo.

and on that note.... this thread should be closed.

Delhomme is pretty consistent, and he's a good quarterback that see's the field and tends to make good decisions. Every starting QB has single-handedly lost a game for his team. I'm not sure how that point helps your argument. There is currently no reason for anyone to find that ramsey is similar to Delhomme.

yep, they are similar. both are white. both are from the south. both are 6'3.

on the field Delhomme has lead a team to the Super Bowl and thrown for 20 touchdowns. Ramsey has done little statistically in the NFL.

I am amazed how many on this board think Ramsey is the second coming, the kid is good but he hasn't done anything.

If he is as good as all of you think then why couldn't he beat Mark out of the job. Ramsey has had the job the last two preseasons and failed to do anything. I want a QB that will take advantage of his chances, and personally Jason showed more in the little amount he played then Pat.

Poise and presence comes with starting regularly.

Delhomme is NOT consistent.

I watch a lot of his games because I am a gambling man and have lost a lot of money because of his dumb plays sometimes over the years.

I am not saying Ramsey would be Delhomme in Delhomme's situation, I just like how Delhomme has grown over the past 3 years, because he is "allowed" to grow.

I still believe Brunell can get it done, but I am hoping Gibbs will TRUST Brunell more, like he did when he was forced to in the 4th quarter.

I am amazed how many on this board think Ramsey is the second coming, the kid is good but he hasn't done anything.

If he is as good as all of you think then why couldn't he beat Mark out of the job. Ramsey has had the job the last two preseasons and failed to do anything. I want a QB that will take advantage of his chances, and personally Jason showed more in the little amount he played then Pat.

When has anyone said Ramsey is the second coming?

Ramsey had his chances in the system.

The only reason I even brought the comparison to Ramsey and Delhomme is that Delhomme was allowed to make the mistakes that he often makes while he was groomed. It's allowed Delhomme to grow incredibly the last 3 years.

We're not talking about Kyle Boller, who makes the mistakes AND doesn't put up the numbers.

I don't think they are similar.

I do think, however, that Ramsey can be a good starter in this league if given the chance. I hope he gets that chance somewhere. I'll be rooting for him.

I like PR too but I can't say he hasn't had his chances.

The biggest difference I see between these two is Jake appears to take command more on the field. He's firery and get the attention of the offense.

Pat is more laid back to the point that it's too laid back. :2cents:

When has anyone said Ramsey is the second coming?

Ramsey had his chances in the system.

The only reason I even brought the comparison to Ramsey and Delhomme is that Delhomme was allowed to make the mistakes that he often makes while he was groomed. It's allowed Delhomme to grow incredibly the last 3 years.

We're not talking about Kyle Boller, who makes the mistakes AND doesn't put up the numbers.

i'm still with you. people don't realize delhomme isn't a 3rd year qb. he rode the bench a few years in new orleans. also delhomme throws a nice share of INTs to go with his td passes (the guy takes chances to win).

*sigh*...who cares :(

Archived