Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miracle in the Meadowlands II

goldenster95

Any coach in the league would have gone for the TD. The Colts had 3 time outs left and a FG only puts you up 6 not to mention you have Jerome Bettis in the backfield who is nearly unstoppable in goal line situations. Just a freak play and are lucky Vanderjagt is the worst clutch kicker in the league.

As far as I could tell, Cowher was using Joe Gibbs playbook at the end of the game. He seemed to be happy with his lead, and thought the running game could run out the clock. It almost cost him the game. If it weren't for a bonehead cornerback who doesn't understand how to run away from a tackle, instead of right into one, and a stupid ass quarterback who doesn't understand that a 48 yard field goal is never a sure thing. He had 2 downs to pick up a few more yards, and he blew it with his ****y ass arm. Vanderjagt choked so damn hard he lost his freakin tonsils. The Steelers outplayed the Colts today, and would have been robbery considering the interception that was over ruled. Good job Steelers, no one gave you a chance, and you did it. Congratulations. Denver looked really good last night, so I am expecting a damn good game next week. Home field advantage will probably determine the winner of this game I feel.

Ahh, good point. Forgot about the timeouts. At any rate, he should've just taken a knee. No way do you put the ball in play and risk something like that. That was my overall point.

Yeah, but when you have the ball just a quick run away from a TD, you gotta go for it...NFW you leave a TD on the table in that situation...Bettis didn't drop the ball...it was knocked out by a Colts helmet...freak play, but the Steelers D bailed them out, with some help by Norwood...er...Vanderjagt... :laugh:

Archived