Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Instant replay is dead to me

skinsaddict

Did anyone NOT see the call in the Indy game, that's the question.

NFL really doesn't have much respect for their fans' intelligence. Lots of people thought the NFL was rigged, but to think they can pull something like that off on such a huge stage. Wow

What was the call?? The Bettis fumble? (I'm not watching)

Colts down by 11, CLEAR INT to Troy P. He Ints, flips over on both knees, tries to get off his butt and kicks the ball out with his own knee, then recovers his own fumble.

Worst call I have ever seen in all my time watching the NFL.

What was the call?? The Bettis fumble? (I'm not watching)

Polomalu(sp?) intercepts Manning,diving catch, clearly has the ball...rolls over twice and as he's getting up to run..kicks the ball loose with his knee,fumbling the ball. Recovers the ball, refs review it and say incomplete pass. Colts go down and score.

The worst thing about this is that calls on the field are only supposed to be overturned if there is indisputable conclusive evidence that the call on the field was incorrect. How in the world does the referee think there was indisputable evidence that it wasn't an INT?

I've never seen bigger Bull**** in my life. How do you mess up an Instant Replay call so bad? I'm not normally one drawn to conspiracies, but crap like that makes you think some foul play is going on there.

I don't have it verbatim but the ref made a half-hearted try at interpolating the endzone rules for possession (like Tampa Bay's non-TD catch). Said something about his knee was still on the ground when he lost the ball. Despite rolling over and making the football move, etc.

It was your garden variety screwjob in broad daylight.

The worst thing about this is that calls on the field are only supposed to be overturned if there is indisputable conclusive evidence that the call on the field was incorrect. How in the world does the referee think there was indisputable evidence that it wasn't an INT?

I've never seen bigger Bull**** in my life. How do you mess up an Instant Replay call so bad? I'm not normally one drawn to conspiracies, but crap like that makes you think some foul play is going on there.

Yeah, really...they took a LONG time to make a decision...kind of like they were desperately searching for a plausible way to deny the INT...I don't believe the NFL is rigged...it surely would have been exposed by now...but crap like that call really makes you wonder...what an awful, awful call... :doh:

This is a disgrace. If the Colts win this game, the NFL is rigged. I don't give a crap what anyone says. This is un-freakin' believable.

All year long, a guy a work with has been saying the NFL is rigged, too much money involved, both in merchandising and in gambling. I argued against it all year, but after today I'm starting to believe it. Fortunately the Steelers held on anyways cause it would've been an absolute travesty to see Indy steal that game.

If the NFL were rigged, the Colts would have won.

They didn't let's move on. Influence or 'respect' or 'home-cookin' are one category. outright criminal conspiracies?

Not so much.

Ok ghost...

That was one of the worst calls I've seen all year. They were blatantly digging for a way to overturn That interception. It would have ended the game. they need to clean up these refs acts.

I hear the NFL is going to do away with the coin flip and have two players run down the field and dive for the ball, like Vince McMahon's league did.

I thought the Alstott call was the biggest travesty, but the overturn of the Steeler INT just blew it away. This kind of crap WILL drive fans away.

The ref did give an explanation, for what it's worth. He said that Polamalu kicked the ball out of his hand while his knee was still down on the ground - which was true. what I'm not sure of is the significance of this statement. Does that mean that rolling on the ground - with possession - is not a football move, and that right before he actually could have made a football move the ball was dropped? Then again, if a defender catches a ball on the ground and then gets tagged, it's a pick. They really do need to explain this better. Looked like a fumble to me.

It's been a particularly bad year for the Zebras. In addition to the reversed interception call in the Colts game...how about the non-call on the false start/offsides play??? I think anyone who saw that one is still trying to figure out what happened.

Redskins fans have watched many phantom calls this year...how about the illegal formation call in Seahawks game where Moose Johnston reviewed the replay and said everyone was lined up properly???...but I digress.

In the officials' defense, they are part-time participants in a full-time game with athletes that are the very best in size, speed, power and skill. Time to subject them to the same standards in place for players and make them full-time employees.

Instant replay should be an oversight activity controlled by someone not part of the on-field officials group. The guys on the field should let plays go to conclusion...with the exception of false starts, defensive offsides with contact and delays of game.

The "down by contact" rule that is so inconsistently called when a players knee isn't down that it should be abolished.

Agree with an earlier post that being pushed out of bounds during a reception and pass interference should be reviewable as well.

If replay official can just watch and rule from booth we'll get rid of that silly pic of referee shielding his eyes and trying to concentrate while fans like us scream like heck to try and intimidate and influence the call...plus the referee won't have to be concerned about offending or overruling one of his on-the- field colleagues.

I'm sure there are a lot of other rule changes that need consideration...tuck rule and intentional grounding come to mind immediately.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't have it verbatim but the ref made a half-hearted try at interpolating the endzone rules for possession (like Tampa Bay's non-TD catch). Said something about his knee was still on the ground when he lost the ball. Despite rolling over and making the football move, etc.

It was your garden variety screwjob in broad daylight.

The Tampa Bay Endzone rule was the correct rule and it was changed after a tampa Loss in the NFC championship game. The reciever must maintain possesion through the catch. I didnt see the Troy Interception so im gonna go out on a limb and say it falls under the same rule which would make it correct.

Tampa won there division on the same call a week earlier

Archived