Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Props from an Eagles fan (all will be merged here)

Eagles_Legendz

While losing any playoff game has to be viewed as disappointing, I am amazed at the venom being spewed by many on this board tonight about either players or coaches. I don't think it was realistic to expect to make a jump to the Super Bowl this season, and you should be proud of the way your team fights. They have heart and should only improve next year, provided some of the issues with the offense are ironed out.

Anyway, while I hope the success doesn't last, congratulations are at least in order for the season that was put forth, and I look forward to two battles in the NFC East next year.

Hear hear...hopefully next year we will remain healthy and so will you guys. The NFC East would have been a true dominating force had McNabb and the rest of the Eagles stayed 100% healthy. Look forward to see the rivalry again next year...hopefully we'll come out on top :).

We just aren't used to having two good seasons in a row, or even every couple of years or so.

Its hard to get over the past.

Also things seemed to be aligning themselves for a good chance to go all the way... and next year the other teams will be better...probably.

While losing any playoff game has to be viewed as disappointing, I am amazed at the venom being spewed by many on this board tonight about either players or coaches. I don't think it was realistic to expect to make a jump to the Super Bowl this season, and you should be proud of the way your team fights. They have heart and should only improve next year, provided some of the issues with the offense are ironed out.

Anyway, while I hope the success doesn't last, congratulations are at least in order for the season that was put forth, and I look forward to two battles in the NFC East next year.

I wish more of the garrulous and disgruntled here had that common sense attitude. Thanks for the decent thoughts.

As for getting in a little ealry "next year in the NFCE" sutff, I'll go way out on the limb early: I think we will see our team moving forward, your team being right back where it was before the T.O and injury bug hit you, the Giants being tough but taking a small step back, and Big Trouble in Little Tuna.

Wow, and Eagles fan with class!?! I thought you guys were exctinct! :silly:

Seriously, I agree with what you were saying. I think that too many of our fans are knee jerk emotionals and don't think rationally after losing. Heck, even when it comes to Sean Taylor they forget their common sense. You should have seen all the concpiricy theories. I think once the 24 hour rule is in effect, they will have had some time to reflect and return to their sensess.

That, and I'm not convinced some of us here are real fans. Sometimes I get the fealling a few just enjoy arguing...

Well, here's to the rivalry returning thanks to Joe Gibbs! :cheers: And next season, we will be ready to win the division! :)

It was a KILLER season and we'll kick your ass every day for the rest of your life, thank you very much Mama Mc Nabb.

Hail!:point2sky

Good season. Exceeded everyone's expectations.

I think you will suck next year but that's another thread for another day. ;)

Um, we're exactly two players away from being seriously scary: 1) A premier pass-rushing DE; 2) A premier #2 WR.

How many WRs do the Eagles need? At least two. How 'bout an every down RB? Got one of those? That would be a no. And that's just for starters...

Archived