Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strangest Place You Have Met A Redskin?

VAHOGFAN

out side a preseason game that was played in neyland stadium in knoxville tn, it was heath shulers first year, and we pretty much met the team as they got off the bus. We also met mcnair and a bunch of oilers, but the coolest was meeting Sonny he talked to us for like 5 minutes, and of course he had the biggest cigar ive ever seen before.

not really strange but b.mitch when i was like 6 outside redskins park with my bro and grandparents, we were leaving, saw him get out of his car, and my grandfather is like thats brian mitchell. Of course we yelled brian, and talked to him for a minute.

I met Jeris White in Chicago at a bar. He came up to me because I was wearing my Redskin jacket. We talked for a couple hours, pretty decent guy.

This might not count, but I met Randy Thomas' Mom at the gas station the Monday before the Tampa game. She was pumped for the game and told me we were going all the way this year.

oakton is wack lol GO WESTFIELD but any son of d. green is fine with me even if he plays for our rivals

Alright, love the locals! Did you hear how rival schools tried to disqualify Jared Green & Oakton High School from the post-season over residency issues? They didn't say anything until the end of the season. It was investigated & thrown out the window. Did you hear?

Early 80's. Dexter Manley somehow ended up at Garfield High School in Woodbridge. My brother and Step Father were there and they said that he told them he was lost and thought he was on the right track to Redskins Park. Brother got his autograph so I believe him but weird. Met Lavar when he was a rookie at a bowling alley in Centreville. He didnt live far from me(first bought Terry Robiskies home) at the time. He was there with none other then Serena Williams. Was shocked. Was cool though and signed for people although Serena did not.

Last year, while working for United Airlines, Steve Spurrier called in to set up his flight reservation to go for his annual golfing thing. I didn't like him, but didn't know what to do...so, I just put him on hold for 5 minutes :)

off-topic I guess...oh well :)

I met Charlie Casserly, and the late great Glenn Brenner at the Nike Outlet, coming home from Ocean City. Casserly was a decent guy, but GB was the coolest. My whole family loved his broadcasts, and we rambled like fools about how much we liked his work. His response? "Wow. I need to come here more often. You guys gonna be here next week?" :laugh:

I also met Joe Theismann, Art Monk, Charles Mann, Joe Jacoby, George Starke, and many others at various training camps. I've been awfully blessed to get so close to my Skins!

I met Walter Rasby at school. He graduated from my highschool and was there last year for a dinner and make a speech and stuff to help restore our school pride.. or something like that... i was happy that i was taller than him by like 1 inch.. cant wait man till i go play some college ball

Archived