Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You know what I don't get . . .

goldenster95

Our offense struggles against the #1 defense in the league at their house and all of a sudden this one game becomes the defining identity of our offense in the playoffs. Have you heard some of these idiots talking about our offense? Based on that one stupid game, they call it "putrid" and actually think we're no better for 130 yards a game now and, based on that or something similar to that, our offense won't be able to keep up. Did some of these munchers ever think that the offense's showing that game would be a tad different with the #16 defense in the league, a defense that racked up that ranking by playing some horrific competition?

:doh:

Just venting, I guess.

Now, back to our regular programming.

Our offense struggles against the #1 defense in the league at their house and all of a sudden this one game becomes the defining identity of our offense in the playoffs. Have you heard some of these idiots talking about our offense? Based on that one stupid game, they call it "putrid" and actually think we're no better for 130 yards a game now and, based on that or something similar to that, our offense won't be able to keep up. Did some of these munchers ever think that the offense's showing that game would be a tad different with the #16 defense in the league, a defense that racked up that ranking by playing some horrific competition?

:doh:

Just venting, I guess.

Now, back to our regular programming.

What they don't know could fill a book.......

Relax. Hopefully, they all be backtracking as fast as they can about 8pm ET tomorrow evening.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

"Johnny Come-lately, he's the New Kid in Town--and everybody loves him, but you're still around..."

Not often the Eagles are relevant to the 'Skins...but that was my thought on reading your thread goldenster...so I hope you'll take what you get. :)

Love the sig pic!!! Sussed 'em all out except "46". Is that Frank Grant?

Cheers,

CLBinMD

No one knows what they're talking about. They're all afraid to disagree with one another, except for a handful.

What I think is interesting is how passionately these people talk about the 'Skins. When it comes to, say, the Steelers, you hear "I don't know if they're good enough to get it done because Indy has a good Offense and Defense and they might be a little too much to handle and home and bla, bla, bla... "

When it comes to the same people talking about the Skins, you can tell they passionately dislike us. "Oh, the 'Skins suck, they're lucky to get by for so long, their Offense can only get 120 yards because that was what they did against Tampa, No way they can stop Seattle's Offense (even though we already did once) etcetera and so on... "

Makes you wonder how biased these guys really are and how they actually don't think the other teams can win, rather they hope we lose because they just plain hate us for whatever reason.

There's a reason no team after us could stop them. Everyone else they played had a Defense nowhere near the level of ours. Not even the same planet.

Nah, they'll probably be reporting on Michelle Kwan or something like that. What a bunch of you-know-whats.

Nah, they'll be talking about how Seattle "gagged"......had it right their hands, theirs for the taking.............another playoff gaffe...........time to fire Holmgren.........etc. etc. :silly:

Cheers,

CLBinMD

You know what gets me? When they say "120 yards of offense will not cut it in Seattle". DUH!

If you would have asked these guys before the Tampa game if they thought 120 yards of offense by the Redskins would be enough to win the game not a single one would have thought it to enough. Hell I wouldn't have thought it would be enough.

I've yelled at my radio more than a few times because of that statement this week! :laugh:

Of course, we are all biased on the subject. But looking at our team's chances tomorrow, against a team that had the lowest Strength Of Schedule rating, I think we are in great shape.

Alright, homefield is definitely something that comes into play. But look at how the Tampa officials pulled out all the stops, with the flags and whatnot. Yet, BOTH our Offense and Defense played well early. Offensively, we were able to move the ball with some success. The D, well we all know.

You score 14 early points, then obviously you change your own gameplan to the more conservative side.

If Portis' pass to Moss was another 8 inches longer, NO ONE would be favoring Seattle by 9!

If Brunell is given any time at all to set up, Seattle's Secondary will be eaten up. And that is putting it mildly.

The key is Alexander. Stop him, and Hasselback WILL be dealt on.

Feel good 'Skins fans! My gut tells me that around 7:00 tomorrow evening, we will all be drunk with victory! Or Bacardi... But I digress.

Archived