Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skinz WEAKNESSES vs Seattle

BobbyDigital

if shawn springs can play thru the whole game, and with carlos rogers back, i am not worried about the secondary. these guys are as hard hitting as any in the league. seattle does not have a speed receiver like galloway to contain, and they will be getting hit all over the field. i expect the corners will be able to blitz more in this game without having to worry as much about a speed receiver like galloway. our linebackers do a great job of covering the drops in pass coverage as well. walt harris is not the best corner, but, he can cover the possession type receivers. i just hope mark brunell has a return home party to throw at seattle that propells the team into the nfc title game. they will also have two weeks rest. i would use antonio brown at receiver in this game, to give moss some speed on the other side of the field. we have no one else to help.

Dude, I didn't know each team was lining up 11 WRs and 11 DBs on each side of the ball.

WTF? There are other players besides WRs and DBs. The Skins' DBS will be fine when the front four is in (pleasedont) Hasselme's face all day. One well timed hit by a linebacker takes Jerycurlviscous out of his route.

Relax. This is a team sport. The Seahawks team hasn't beaten anyone good. They were 2 - 2 against teams with a winning record and both wins were gifts.

No, no, no!

Defense will not be of concern.

Our ability to get into 2nd and managable, and our abilty to convert 3rd down. That will be our weakness (I hope not, but I think this is where we may run into trouble).

We need to be sound in offensive playcalling. Stay with the run and get after it!!! :cheers:

I think BY FAR our biggest weakness is our DB's. Springs should lock down Darell Jackson but Carlos Rogers will have his hands full with Bobby Engram and Walt Harris will have his hands full with Joe Jurivicius. If I remember correctly, during the regular season game Walt harris was locked on Engram and Engram LIT HIM UP. I dont even think Engram played the whole game, because he got injured, and yet he still ended up with something like 9 catches for 100+ yards. Jurivicius was just getting into the groove of things that game so he was a non factor then. Since that game, however, Jurivicius has come on strong and played extremely well. Jurivicius is like 6'5 and Harris is like 5'10, that in and of itselt presents a huge matchup problem. Ther are many big recievers in this league who DO NOT PLAY BIG, and DO NOT know how to use their size as an advantage, Joe J. is NOT one of those recievers. He really knows how to take advantage of his size and isnt afraid to go over the middle. NOt to mention he has lots of playoff experience and I think hes a pretty good route runner with decent speed. The speed wont really matter though because like I said, he will use his size to push Harris around. Engram is an excellent route runner and is a savvy veteran going against a ROOKIE CB, that spells DOOM. LoL I know I sound very pessimistic but this is just MY OPINION. If you dont agree with me REFUTE WHAT I SAID WITH FACTS. FInally, the seahawks have one of the best, if not the best, O-Lines in the NFL so it will be almost impossible for our front four to get pressure on their own. Greg Williams will probably have some elaborate blitz schemes BUT that will only make the advantage the Hawks have with their recievers even bigger because it will leave alot of one on one matchups.

You talk about facts, and I don't want to really "attack" You, but unless you're on a 28.8, go to a website and get your own stuff straight.

Darrel Jackson got hurt. He only had 55 yards receiving that game. Joey J had 1 catch for 17 yards. Engram was the one who had a big game. And, as was stated, C. Rogers started his first game that week.

Walt Harris is listed as 5'11.

Everyone talks about how "The Seattle offense is SO much different from week 4". Well guess what. The Redskins defense hasn't been sitting on their hands for 13 weeks. Our guys are a hell of a lot better then they were also.

The only matchup problem for the Redskins is when both Joey J. and TE Jerramy Stevens are on the field. Because Stevens is 6'7 its goign to be necessary to lock ST on him. Joey J, in other situations, can be covered by a corner with support in the middle by LB's/safties. Our Defensive line is very good at getting their hands up, which should also play a roll in limiting the amount of short, inside slants Hasselbeck throws, because of tipped balls and subsequent interception possibilities.

Our DB's will most likely not be the cause of us losing the game. As long as they keep everything in front of them, they will be ok. What they have to be careful of, of course, is play action, because they are going ot be needed to help support the run. Matt Hasselbeck doesn't have the strongest arm, and for the most part, doesn't have a FANTASTIC deep ball. His strengths shine when he gets into a rhythm and runs that west coast offense at his own pace.

What our defense can not do is go into prevent mode late in the game. By having 5+ DB's on the field, you significantly reduce the number of guys that can tackle Shaun Alexander. We saw this mistake against the Seahags the first go around, and also against the Chargers. When you have backs like LT and Shaun Alexander, you have to play them the same way the entire game. You get S. Alexander in the open field against Walt Harris, and he's going to make him look like a fool.

Thats going to be my focal point late in the game on defense. I really really hope we don't drop back into prevent or nickel/dime defenses, because thats when Alexander is going to hurt us the most. It happened the first go around, he got 3/4 of his yards in the second half, and his most damaging runs where when we were in 5+ DB sets (again, same with LT).

To say our defensive backs are hopelessly outmatched against the Seattle offense is a faulty assumption. The Redskins have faced big receivers before (P. Burress x2, K. Johnson x2). The Redskins have faced FAST receivers before (J. Galloway x2, Terry Gleen x2). The Redskins have faced shifty recievers before (Dante Hall). I'm not worried about being outmatched in our secondary. Notoriously we have been exposed by faster guys (The flea flicker against Dallass, J Galloway first TB game).

I challenge you to find a game this season when a big possession receiver has had a huge game against us. None of the Seattle guys are real burners like J. Galloway. If the Redskins lose to the Seattle receivers , then I'm going to blame the game on our offense. Because if our defense shuts down Alexander then our offense should be able to score enough points to win the game.

I'm not worried about how our D measures up to their O at all. We will hold them to 20 or less. Key is stopping Alexander breaking anything big. Their passing game is short high percentage throws.

We win if we have a good day on offense and D is the Seattle weakness - especially against the pass. Brunell has to have a good day to open room for Portis.

I like our chances.

HTTR

Martin

Well, here's been my take from day 1 of watching football.

You can have the best WR core in the world.

But, you're passing game will stall if the QB spends most of the game on his back.

I say our LBs and D line puts so much pressure on the QB that they hear feet coming nullifies any WR advantage.

Sacks, fumbles, interceptions...that's how you win ball games :dallasuck

Buress was covered by Springs for the most part (sometimes Rogers)

Keyshawn was covered by Rogers for the most part (sometimes Springs)

Walt harris is who I specifically targeted so all the rest of what you said about those recievers is IRRELEVANT.

To me, that second dallas game is a non factor (I know harris was covering Keyshawn that game)in determing our DBs strength because that game was a special case, its a rival and we came in that game firing on all cylinders against a Cowboys team that turns out isnt that good.

Engram was the only one I Stated had a big game and I was right and I stated that Springs would Shut down Jackson again, if hes healthy. So I dont know what all that BS you said was about. I think Engram is a savvy veteran who runs excellent routes, and thats the LAST type of reciever you would want a ROOKIE to cover.

I think BY FAR our biggest weakness is our DB's. Springs should lock down Darell Jackson but Carlos Rogers will have his hands full with Bobby Engram and Walt Harris will have his hands full with Joe Jurivicius. If I remember correctly, during the regular season game Walt harris was locked on Engram and Engram LIT HIM UP. I dont even think Engram played the whole game, because he got injured, and yet he still ended up with something like 9 catches for 100+ yards. Jurivicius was just getting into the groove of things that game so he was a non factor then. Since that game, however, Jurivicius has come on strong and played extremely well. Jurivicius is like 6'5 and Harris is like 5'10, that in and of itselt presents a huge matchup problem. Ther are many big recievers in this league who DO NOT PLAY BIG, and DO NOT know how to use their size as an advantage, Joe J. is NOT one of those recievers. He really knows how to take advantage of his size and isnt afraid to go over the middle. NOt to mention he has lots of playoff experience and I think hes a pretty good route runner with decent speed. The speed wont really matter though because like I said, he will use his size to push Harris around. Engram is an excellent route runner and is a savvy veteran going against a ROOKIE CB, that spells DOOM. LoL I know I sound very pessimistic but this is just MY OPINION. If you dont agree with me REFUTE WHAT I SAID WITH FACTS. I am a redskins fan and I am just being realistic. I pray Im wrong but I dont see how you can refute what Ive said. Also, Our offense has become very stagnant and predictable. Teams double both Moss and Cooley AND DARE us to throw elswhere. James Thrash is absolute GARBAGE, he couldnt get seperation if Cornelius Griffin was covering him, and Taylor jacobs has extreme stage fright. Jacobs plays like a pro bowler in practice but come game time he FREEZES. The only way our offense will have any kind of success is if Portis gets going. That will force the seahawks to put 8 in the box thus they will not be able to double team both Moss and Cooley. FInally, the seahawks have one of the best, if not the best, O-Lines in the NFL so it will be almost impossible for our front four to get pressure on their own. Greg Williams will probably have some elaborate blitz schemes BUT that will only make the advantage the Hawks have with their recievers even bigger because it will leave alot of one on one matchups. I wont be surprised if I see Jurivicius run alot of slant patterns using his body to shield the defender(harris) and then breaking Harris' tackle for big yardage(Harris is THE WORST tacker on the team). I PRAY IM WRONG THOUGH! :(

Guess the SKINS should just stay at the hotel and forget about showing up. Seattle is going to get their points, they are better than the gmen, but in the end I believe our offense will show up today as well as again the defense will have what it takes to slow them down enough to pull it out in a close hard fought victory!!! THATS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!!!

OUR Defensive line is actually getting to the QB and tipping the ball.

OUR LB's are roaming and charging and changing it up at will.

OUR DB's are coving quite well right now and with Springs back it should be better.

The Passing game is my least concern.

My biggest concern is our accuracy and more opportunities to Sellers and Cooley....... MORE...

Archived