Extremeskins

Jack got his; Dan is due

Skins4me

Frank Herzog or Larry Michael?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Frank Herzog or Larry Michael?

• Frank Herzog
    • Larry Michael

I loved Jack Kent Cook as much as he loved our Redskins and Joe Gibbs. It was a very sad day for all of us when he passsed, but one thing that I'll always remember is that Coach Gibbs and the players felt and believed that they won for him.

Dan has put up with a lot of crap since buying the team, but looking back he really has done what he truly believed was best for the team. He is a true Redskin fan, not just an owner, and wants to win a SuperBowl as badly as any of us. He brought back the one man that revived our team and I believe that he will ensure our future will never be that of a dismal team again.

Jack got his Superbowls, now its Dan's turn. He deserves it and it's time to start his own collection of SB trophies. Coach Gibbs was great before and after this year he'll be referred to as the greatest, but it's time we give the credit where it's due and win this year's Superbowl for Dan the Man! :notworthy

I think Dan Snyder has matured into a real owner. No longer is he so hands on. Honestly, had Marty remained after '01 I think we would have been in the playoffs in '02 and maybe the Super Bowl in '03. But of course, things happened differently because Dan stopped the momentum there. But I believe Joe Gibbs will win a Super Bowl again before it's all said and done.

Dan Snyder created the crap that he had to "put up with". The fact that he has owned this team like a fan has been a bad thing for the franchise, not a good thing.

BTW, we all "deserve" a Superbowl, not sure how Snyder "deserves" one any more than any one else.

Gibbs was a very good decision, school's out on any and all of his other potentially good decisions. The Redskins have been better than most would have thought and Gibbs is the reason. Dan get credit for bringing him back...but that's it.

Gibbs and Williams are responsible for the turn around of this team, not Snyder. Any moron would have wanted to hire Gibbs, that was a no-brainer. Sitting back and letting a HoF coach do his thing is also a no-brainer.

Snyder is really good at charging the fans as much as anyone possibly can which allows him to do things like keep Williams under contract, but that's the extent what good he does for the Redskins.

I'm always amazed at the Dan bashers. Dan has a cash cow whether the team wins or loses, yet he does everything he can to make it a winner. Has he made bad decisions along the way? Absolutely!! But I'd say it's safe to assume he's learned from those mistakes. A person doesn't achieve the success he has by continually repeating bad mistakes. So give him a break. There are lot's of teams who's owners don't try as hard as he does, and are willing to spend as he is to field a winning team.

Any moron may have wanted to hire Gibbs, but it was Snyder who did. Not to mention, Snyder also gave Williams a new deal. How many owners would have forked over the money Snyder did to keep Williams? I think some of you need to stop living in the past. Snyder has learned his lesson. I haven't heard one word of Snyder deciding anything on players. Gibbs made the decisions on bringing in Brunell, Portis, Moss, etc. In fact, I haven't heard Snyder's name mentioned much lately.

People always seem to talk about his willingness to spend money on the team. It's not like he is digging into his pockets. He has the money to spend because us fans are willing to shell out all this money for tickets, parking, beer, food, merchandise, etc. and will sit through a 3 hour game which has more commercials than sports action.

As for him 'deserving' it? Man, I think Dan has a pretty good life. Cooke didn't win a SB until he was WAY up there...

Archived