Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this for real

MGRedskins

the thing is that taylor said he did not spit on pitman's face... which is correct

you cannot qoute him out of context

he did not actually lied...

but i get your point

And you can't blame him for using a play on words to his advantage. I mean look at one of our supposed role models. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." She had them with him but not him with her. I spit but not in his face.

Why isn't the Ref saying exactly what he saw? Also according to sounds of the game the Ref is condoning Pittmans actions. Since when is it alright to break rules? A rule is a rule is it not? That's like telling your kid it's alright to speed if someone cuts you off and flips you the bird while yelling out the window that your mother does sexual acts with farm animals. A rule is a freakin rule and the Ref should be fined for not enforcing the rules. Since when did he become judge and jury?

Also that was a pretty big line of spitle. I dont think the wind was that strong that i could blow it back at him like that.

Not to mention the fact that a wad of spit that big should have definitely been visible in the video angle that was originally shown before this video came out. Don't doubt he spit but damn that loogie went from non-existent to a damn tidal wave in a period of 4 days. Maybe a little photo shop embelishment?

Not to mention the fact that a wad of spit that big should have definitely been visible in the video angle that was originally shown before this video came out. Don't doubt he spit but damn that loogie went from non-existent to a damn tidal wave in a period of 4 days. Maybe a little photo shop embelishment?

I am sure it is not real. He may have spit, maybe not. but that footage shown at the beginning of this thread is not real.

No way.

And you can't blame him for using a play on words to his advantage. I mean look at one of our supposed role models. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." She had them with him but not him with her. I spit but not in his face.

Why isn't the Ref saying exactly what he saw? Also according to sounds of the game the Ref is condoning Pittmans actions. Since when is it alright to break rules? A rule is a rule is it not? That's like telling your kid it's alright to speed if someone cuts you off and flips you the bird while yelling out the window that your mother does sexual acts with farm animals. A rule is a freakin rule and the Ref should be fined for not enforcing the rules. Since when did he become judge and jury?

i guess... but that would just make greg even madder if sean was like "but i didnt spit on his face... i spit on his chest" would wanna be around to see how that played out

What is even more annoying to me is that he then tries to play the "cool teacher" in the Redskins huddle. :puke:

Yeah, the ref was totally wrong. He should have ejected Pittman as well or at least given him a 15 yard penalty offsetting and it would have still been 4th down.

I'm sure Taylor spit on him, if not there would be a big stink about it. But letting Pittman off just because "what would you do" is BS and against the rules.

And he shouldn't be over in the Redskins huddle trying to justify his bad call like he's buddies with them. He should just make the correct call. I'm sure he will get told that he ****ed up, or already has been told.

With regard to this specific footage..

I have problem with the audio... of the Ref going to the Redskins and saying "he spit on him. What would you do" (in talking about not penalizing the retaliation).

That's what I have a problem with. The way it was said.. I don't believe for a second that a playoff-caliber referee would have said that to a group of players.

I think he probably did spit in Pittman's direction. Whether it was intentionally at Pittman, we will never know. Either case.. it was the wrong thing to do and hopefully he will learn from it.

But the audio on that tape is a little "too" clear for me to believe.

With regard to this specific footage..

I have problem with the audio... of the Ref going to the Redskins and saying "he spit on him. What would you do" (in talking about not penalizing the retaliation).

That's what I have a problem with. The way it was said.. I don't believe for a second that a playoff-caliber referee would have said that to a group of players.

I think he probably did spit in Pittman's direction. Whether it was intentionally at Pittman, we will never know. Either case.. it was the wrong thing to do and hopefully he will learn from it.

But the audio on that tape is a little "too" clear for me to believe.

ST didn't spit at Pittman...looks like he just spit on the ground...

First of all, all of us, I am sure, has done something we wish we could take back.

Secondly, that film looks VERY suspect to me. I will not take anything from that film.

If he did, in fact, spit on the dude, it is terrible. But I can not judge from that film. The spit just disappears. I mean, it comes out as a big glob, then just disappears? I don't know. But I can't go with that film.

I would like to see if the company "NFL Films" will verify that film. I wonder if they have been contacted? Seems very, very suspect.

That film definitely appears to be doctored and I'm curious about it as well. I guess technically Taylor didn't spit in Pittman's face...the NFC East and South will play each other next year so looks like we have a mini-rivalry on our hands...

OK, I am not a conspiracy theorist, but if you watch that video a few times, where does the spit go?

I see it coming out, and go towards the ground, but it just disappears when it gets to the numbers.

Am I imagining this? Does anyone else notice this? I swear, the spit just disappears. I wish I had slow motion.

Watch it and check it out.

i was thinking the same thing.

I think that the loogie was blown up. What if he spit, but on a much smaller scale (meaning the loogie wasn't as big as it was in the video)? That would explain it disappearing at the end of the vid. If it was a smaller loog, it could have broken up pretty easily. Seeing a huge loog just disappear isn't realistic. It would also explain why you couldn't see it on the original clip.

Either way, I don't see why it matters that he spit at or on him. It's just not that big of a deal and I don't see how anyone could be so discusted by this that they want our coach to suspend Taylor. I also don't understand how you can justify his ejection.

OK, I am not a conspiracy theorist, but if you watch that video a few times, where does the spit go?

I see it coming out, and go towards the ground, but it just disappears when it gets to the numbers.

Am I imagining this? Does anyone else notice this? I swear, the spit just disappears. I wish I had slow motion.

Watch it and check it out.

DOCTORED video; The ref, as the "supposed spit" is coming out is announcing the spitting penalty, and if you look really close, he is announcing prior to the spit what the penalty is. Someone was very creative, PERIOD. The spit changes the "grass" color around the spit on the ground?! Please, someone went to all expremes.......................

Believe 1/2 of what you hear, only and 1/4th of what you see and doubt its the truth on the rest.

DOCTORED video; The ref' date=' as the "supposed spit" is coming out is announcing the spitting penalty, and if you look really close, he is announcing prior to the spit what the penalty is. Someone was very creative, PERIOD. The spit changes the "grass" color around the spit on the ground?! Please, someone went to all expremes.......................

Believe 1/2 of what you hear, only and 1/4th of what you see and doubt its the truth on the rest.[/quote']

I do think someone went to all "expremes" with this video. Where do you see the different color in the grass.

And I am not disputing the fact that the ref said it was spitting. I am not even saying he didn't spit. I am just saying this video is fake. If he did spit, it was not that much. Look at it. That would have been so obvious even from the network airing the games angle.

All I am saying is, this video was tampered with. I don't know if they magnified the spit, or they super imposed it. But that video is fake. PERIOD!

If he spit, he spit... I don't care.. he was fined and punished by being kicked out of the game.. I don't think we need to keep making a big deal out of this.

I'm pretty sure that behind closed doors, he's been talked to throughly and will control himself in the future.

Yeah, the ref was totally wrong. He should have ejected Pittman as well or at least given him a 15 yard penalty offsetting and it would have still been 4th down.

I'm sure Taylor spit on him, if not there would be a big stink about it. But letting Pittman off just because "what would you do" is BS and against the rules.

And he shouldn't be over in the Redskins huddle trying to justify his bad call like he's buddies with them. He should just make the correct call. I'm sure he will get told that he ****ed up, or already has been told.

i agree with the refs call not to penalize pitman, simply for the fact that it happened in his(refs) face. Really if another man spit in ur face what would u do? spittin in someones face is to low. As far as "acting " like he's buddies with the players is bs the player asked a straight up question and the ref gave a straight up answer. I love ST but the refs handled the situation very well.

i think it's funny that the spitting part is shown only once, and it seems to jump in right after that slow motion replay of simms' run.

seems like if the point of the video is for the spit scene, they would revisit it or at least set it up better. seemed like they're tryin to show it to you fast, relative to the after section...

i agree with the refs call not to penalize pitman, simply for the fact that it happened in his(refs) face. Really if another man spit in ur face what would u do? spittin in someones face is to low. As far as "acting " like he's buddies with the players is bs the player asked a straight up question and the ref gave a straight up answer. I love ST but the refs handled the situation very well.

It doesn't really matter what you think though. Thats the problem.

Pittman broke the rules too and should have been penalized.

You can't just change the rules because you think this or that.

Archived