Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins = Wizards?

NWSkins

The Washington Wizards in 1998, had a winning year. The next 6 years would be brutal with some high expectations (Mitch Ritchmond, Michael Jordan) and they would dissapoint untill finally last year, they were able to pull of a playoff birth and a 1st round victory as one of the suprises in the NBA. A 2nd round game against the #1 seed in the conference was just too much too overcome. It was otherwise a spectacular year for the Wizards.

This is not a negative post. I just found it funny that the Wizards of last year are so similar to our skins this year. Hopefully, the skins can do better then their friends right down the street aka one of the most horrific NBA franchises of all time.

The Washington Wizards in 1998, had a winning year. The next 6 years would be brutal with some high expectations (Mitch Ritchmond, Michael Jordan) and they would dissapoint untill finally last year, they were able to pull of a playoff birth and a 1st round victory as one of the suprises in the NBA. A 2nd round game against the #1 seed in the conference was just too much too overcome. It was otherwise a spectacular year for the Wizards.

This is not a negative post. I just found it funny that the Wizards of last year are so similar to our skins this year. Hopefully, the skins can do better then their friends right down the street aka one of the most horrific NBA franchises of all time.

jesus christ people have nothing to do, NOTHING

comparing a football team to a basketball team

redskins = spurs?

redskins = pistons?

the winner of the game is goingto be the team who plays best

Guest isjoining

i think he was just pointing out the coincidence between the two teams...he's not exactly saying the redskins will lose in the second round...

There's a big difference.

I never felt confident about the Wizards chances to beat Miami in a seven game series. I was merely hopeful we could steal a game or two, which we failed to do even that. I pretty much knew we were outmatched and relegated myself to hoping we wouldn't embarrass ourselves.

With the Redskins, I am sort of puzzled about people thinking the Seahawks are this great team uncapable of being beat, or at the very least, worthy of being favored like they are the next dynasty. This isn't even the Colts(a great team that hasn't won anything of significance and keeps choking). This is the Seattle Seahawks. A team with an undersized defense predicated on speed who's defensive philosophy is at odds with what the Redskins try to accomplish on offense. It's not a perfect fit for Seattle. The only way Seattle runs away with this game as some are saying is if Brunell plays like he did last week(and he very well may, who knows).

But we have a defense that is capable of winning the superbowl, and an offense that is capable of playing ball control(the key word being capable) long enough to keep Seattle off the field and our defense fresh.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, and I keep trying to figure out why I think we'll win, but I just think this is a perfect matchup. We should keep this one close and win with a touchdown unless our QB continues his self implosion.

I think that you guys are not giving the guy much of a chance... All he is saying is that their are similarities in the two teams records/playoffs.... No need to nail him to a cross for that... I love all the media posts you guys get off on as if anyone should care what Salisbury craps this week. Or that their is a hick radio show in bumble**** that plays from 5am-6am and mentioned we are no good... see the difference?

I think that you guys are not giving the guy much of a chance... All he is saying is that their are similarities in the two teams records/playoffs.... No need to nail him to a cross for that... I love all the media posts you guys get off on as if anyone should care what Salisbury craps this week. Or that their is a hick radio show in bumble**** that plays from 5am-6am and mentioned we are no good... see the difference?

thanks man....

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though.

on another note, i completely agree with you about the Salisbury/media posts this week.

jesus christ people have nothing to do, NOTHING

comparing a football team to a basketball team

redskins = spurs?

redskins = pistons?

the winner of the game is goingto be the team who plays best

:point2sky Not only do they have nothing to do but these morons keep all the garbage on the page while the good post are thrown off every 5 minutes :doh:

i had thought of this too, but you can add the nats too

2005 season for the nats, skins, and wizards were all successful (who thought the nats would even be at .500, let alone at one point having the third best record in the league?) and proved naysayers wrong.. so far in 2006, the wizards have been dissapointing

i'm just sayin...

:point2sky Not only do they have nothing to do but these morons keep all the garbage on the page while the good post are thrown off every 5 minutes :doh:

yea, like all the posts concerning how salisbury predicted us to lose. What a tool blah blah

if you dont like the post, move on. calling me a moron is uncalled for. Way to be a class-act. I think at age 41, you should be a little more mature then a 6th grader. Apparently not.

Archived