Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk in HOF this year??

allan1058

Michael Irvin

750 receptions 11904 yards 15.9 65 tds, 3 rings all w/ Aikman

Art Monk

940 receptions 12721 yards 13.5 68 tds, had 3 nfl records when retired, 3 rings w/ 3 different QBs (two of which didnt do much in the league besides the one ring)

If Irvin gets in over Monk, I think Monk can kiss his chances goodbye. Maybe now that Gibbs is back he can have some persuasion.

Reggie White and Troy Aikman will definitely get in this year, and hopefully since Mr. Rockhead- Irvin got into a little bit of trouble, that will open the door for Monk. Lets get this injustice corrected this year. It pains me to think that my favorite player and one of the best wideouts of all time is not in.

Art has more of a shot this year I think, between the resurgence of real Redskins football under Coach Gibbs, and the other WR finalist Irvin's little drug arrest. :laugh:

I think Grimm has a shot too, especially with all the talk of him possibly getting a head coaching gig this year....not that it matters to get into the Hall, but it keeps his name in people's heads.

I doubt both will this year, but hopefully one or the other will!

And BTW, isn't it AWESOME that this isn't the big story in Redskin-land right now?!?! Playoffs baby!!!

Michael Irvin

Art Monk

940 receptions 12721 yards 13.5 68 tds, had 3 nfl records when retired, 3 rings w/ 3 different QBs (two of which didnt do much in the league besides the one ring)

If Irvin gets in over Monk, I think Monk can kiss his chances goodbye. Maybe now that Gibbs is back he can have some persuasion.

I posted this a couple weeks ago, but here's an article breaking down the Monk vs. Irvin comparision: http://www.hobotrashcan.com/notetoself/archive/051206.htm

Michael Irvin

Art Monk

Even worse, here are the statistics of hall of famer Lynn Swann:

336 Receptions 5462 Yards 16.3 51 TD's.

4 Super Bowl Rings with a rificulously loaded team, and another HOF WR on the other side of the field.

Guys, it is sad that we even have to consider Irvin's off-field, post-career stupidity as a way for Monk to somehow "sneak" in. His contirbution to the Redskins success and the image of the NFL should've slam dunked him in the Hall. I'll never forget the smiles on Charley Taylor's and Raymond Berry's faces the night Monk broke the record. I remember one of the MNF announcers calling him a future HOFer. I watched Super Bowl XXVI a little over a week ago and Madden made the same statement after the drive that ended in Monk's TD getting overturned by replay. I'll cross my fingers once again.

Art one was one the greatest possession recievers in the history of the game...its insulting how he is not in yet!! He was better than Largent who is in and when Monk finally retired he had the most catches...truely disgraceful!! Its a shame why they passed on one of his contemparies that belongs as well...LB Harry Carson. Both of these guys had what the league for the most (example Sean Taylor) no longer has ...CLASS!!! Peter King is a ******* because he is the main force behind keeping both guys out...have another burger Peter and let someone who knows more about football elect these guys where they belong. After Art, Mr Grimm belongs and so does #66 in my humble opinion.

Archived