Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle PI: Skins plan to seize full control

Mark

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/255171_locke11.html?source=rss

This is the playoffs. Nothing will be painless. Furthermore, the Redskins are a bad matchup for the NFC West champion Seahawks.

The idea of a blowout is close to ludicrous. This is the final four of the NFC. The Seahawks have played four teams this season capable of being in the NFC final four: Dallas, the New York Giants, Washington and Jacksonville. (This excludes the Week 16 matchup with a team masquerading as the Indianapolis Colts.)

The combined score in those four games: Opponents 77, Seahawks 68.

(for full article - link above)

That's pretty much how I felt about Seattle and all those talks about how great they are and this big point spread. Probably S. Alexander is good RB, but make him great.., make him MVP. Not sure about it. He had two games against Niners this year, game against Texans, two against Zona and so on. Can you imagine Portis stats with this kind of schedule. Remember our game against Niners. Few more games like this and Portis probably would have 2000 yds this season and Moss would have Jerry Rice numbers.

I understand we may loose but I am sure it is not going to be a blowout.

Go Skins.

He said it much better, but what I expressed in an earlier thread.

I am not saying The Skins will win... but am saying it is going to be a close game, and in close games you have to like the Skins chances.

Someone else made a great point, the key to the Skins success will be Ladell Betts. We already know Portis is banged up.. so he will need breaks, maybe more than normal... if Betts can go in and keep the chains moving, eating up clock like Portis has the past 5 weeks... we have a great chance.

Just read the whole article...Mr. Locke is spot on...it's all about who dictates the tempo of the game. If the Redskins can get an early lead, especially off a turnover or two like they did in Tampa, they can ball control their way all the way to the NFC Championship game...look for Portis to break one BIG against the Seahawks' D, possibly for a TD. The 'Skins will stack the box to stop Alexander, and dare Hasselbeck to try and beat us through the air...then it's pickoff city, baby!

Redskins 27

Seahawks 21

:cheers:

JGibbs will stack the box to stop Alexander, and dare Hasselbeckto try and beat us through the air...then it's pickoff city, baby!

Redskins 27

Seahawks 21

:cheers:

Love the prediction, especially about portis, but remember that Williams controls the Defense so it will be Williams stacking the box against Alexander and daring Hasselbeck to beat us through the air, and Williams will be the one getting the credit.

He said it much better, but what I expressed in an earlier thread.

I am not saying The Skins will win... but am saying it is going to be a close game, and in close games you have to like the Skins chances.

Even if the Redskins are trailing going into the 4th quarter, if they keep it close, they have a really good chance...the 'Skins O-Line is big and physical, and will wear down the Seahawks D the whole game, forcing Holmgren to bring up help from his secondary to stop Portis and Betts. Sooner or later, Moss will be single-covered and get open deep, and then it's house time, baby! :cheers:

That's pretty much my feeling grind the clock and keep it low scoring. The Seahawks are a very good team and should definitely be the favorites. If the Redskins offense brings their A game and the defense plays inspired like last week, the Redskins have a very good chance of pulling off a huge upset.

Love the prediction, especially about portis, but remember that Williams controls the Defense so it will be Williams stacking the box against Alexander and daring Hasselbeck to beat us through the air, and Williams will be the one getting the credit.

As he rightfully deserves...our offense can put up the points, but it's our D that will carry us to Detroit! :cheers:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/255171_locke11.html?source=rss

This is the playoffs. Nothing will be painless. Furthermore, the Redskins are a bad matchup for the NFC West champion Seahawks.

The idea of a blowout is close to ludicrous. This is the final four of the NFC. The Seahawks have played four teams this season capable of being in the NFC final four: Dallas, the New York Giants, Washington and Jacksonville. (This excludes the Week 16 matchup with a team masquerading as the Indianapolis Colts.)

The combined score in those four games: Opponents 77, Seahawks 68.

For a paper called the "intelligence", I'm surprised they put Jacksonville in the NFC... Take Jacksonville out of the equation, and the score difference between the Seahawks in the three NFC contender games was always 3 points, with the 'Hawks winning two of them.

Point taken, no blowout. But the Jacksonville thing was pretty idiotic.

i think they were talking about their whole schedule, nfc anc afc. they have that little blurb about indy who is obviously in the afc. that makes their schedule look even softer- 4 decent teams in the whole bunch and only one of them still on the playoffs....

Guys, call me a homer but I feel good about this week. I mean I feel like we are destined to win and get to the NFC Championship game. We have Gibbs, not Marty, SS, or Norv, but Gibbs! I have not had confidence in this team since the Gibbs era. The 1999 team had talent but it did not have unity and discipline (typical of Norv coached teams). I do not have one bad vibe and I feel confident Joe will bring home a winner and shock the media.

finally someone in the media making good point, and in a Seattle paper no less.

BTW, I noticed on a Bodog sports betting site that if you want to take the Skins and the 9 points, it'll cost you $115.00 to win $100.00. More juice than if you bet on Seattle giving 9. I haven't found a single person in my office that's willing to lay 9 against our Skins. All of this proves that the 9 point spread is crapola. Watch out Seasucks.

Redskins 27

Seahawks 21

Seems like a rather high score to me. Only one team all season has put 27 points up against the Seahawks, and the Redskins don't look to be healthy enough to be an offensive powerhouse. If the Skins beat the Hawks, it will be with defense, not offense.

Seems like a rather high score to me. Only one team all season has put 27 points up against the Seahawks, and the Redskins don't look to be healthy enough to be an offensive powerhouse. If the Skins beat the Hawks, it will be with defense, not offense.

Well, you can give the 'Skins anywhere from 7-17 points from their D...and Brunell and company will make up the difference...just ask the Bucs...or the Eagles...or the Giants...or the Cowboys...shall I continue??? :laugh:

Archived