Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Critiziced For Failing To Penetrate “Unpenetrable” Defense

pgitta

Boise - Sports columnists from around the country consistently blasted the Washington Redskins for not doing better against the best.

“Their offense was almost totally ineffective against the best defense in the league, and that’s just inexcusable”, said Ron Doohicky, a writer for “Biased Sports Illustrated”

Asked what his reaction would have been had Washington scored 42 points, Doohicky simply replied: “That would never have happened. No team could score more than ten points against such a dominate defense” and later added, “That said, Washington’s offense was still a joke, and they will have to do better than that if they hope to win in Seattle” - API

(news parody - not to be taken [too] seriously)

the redskins the the new dominant defense in the playoffs that everyone is going to have to get through including seattle, and i know i cant promise a win, but it sure aint gonna be easy for seattle

We'll see, but Chicago may just be a little dominant themselves.

We'll see, but Chicago may just be a little dominant themselves.

Chicago's defense is pretty dominant, but I think if we get our #1 and #2 CBs reasonably healthy and our safeties get to play 60, we will give any team and any QB headaches (also assuming we don't lose any more key DL). The defense is playing at a high level right now, by far their highest of the year.

Key to success: TOs. That's been the big difference. It was the one thing missing in the early part of the year, and it's been the key ingredient in 6 straight.

This really, really puzzles me. Not a single analyst saying anything resembling: "they did what they had to do." Not a single mention of getting ahead early and not giving Bucs D any chances. Not a single mention of potential problems with Seattle's "offensive juggernaught" facing our tough D. Puzzling.

Oh yeah, but that game was a "season turning point" for them as they themselves say, and curiously, if you go to the Seahawks site, they are saying the same thing!! Their game with us was their "season turning point"

Man, we're turning a lot of points for people.

The record we beat was held by the 2000-2001 Baltimore Ravens, in a game they won 24-10 against Tennessee. They also went on to win the Superbowl that year. Who cares how many yards we put up, bottom line. We won.

RIGHT ON!

Archived