Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible our ALL-WHITE UNIFORMS are actually "camouflaging" our defense?

smartestmaninamerica

I have noticed that our turnover ratio has skyrocketed since we started wearing all-whites. Lots' of picks. Lots of sacks. Luck or is there something to it?

Considering that much of the on-field advertising consists of colored letters against a white background, is it possible that our all-white with B & G piping actually provides a certain amount of "camouflage" to our defensive players?

In other words, is it harder to see our guys in the heat of battle and out of the corner of the quarterback's eye? It may not be that the all-whites are just "lucky". The reason for our success in white may be quantifiable at some level.

P.S., Try this test to see what I mean. Bring up a picture of Redskins and Tampa Bay players on your screen. Now turn your head so you can only see the picture out of the corner of your eye. What do you see? Just the Tampa Bay players, you don't see the Skins players.

Now imagine you are a QB looking at a receiver downfield. The CB is just there in your peripheral vision ready to pick off your pass. You don't see him. Pass picked.

Hey c'mon, this is a just a 'fer fun thread, but it is an interesting thought. :laugh:

White on white is legit. Our D has been playing its a$$ off that is why. We basically needed to win out after going 5-6, so the team knew for us that we needed to win every game since then. Playing their hearts out. Only good things come to that type of effort.

I'm sure a lot of us don't like to admit to being superstitious... and ofcourse there are more reasonable explanation.... but if we're winning, why change? Maybe it's camaflouge, or maybe it's coincidence. But wearing all white doesn't hurt, so I say stick with it for the time being.

Then again I may be I'm on drugs and this is the dumbest thread of all time.

It is one of the dumbest threads of all time, competing only with every other thread you have started. I pity you for actually posting these crazy threads with the hope that you may once be right.

Archived