Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strategy in the eyes of a Coach (And post #4,000)

KDawg

Great post KDawg. Too bad most people just won't get it. It would take to long to teach them the basic principles of strategy that you take for granted.

I hate to use madden as an example but I have tried to explain some of the things you talked about to people I used to play all the time. I would tell them what I was doing to set them up, tell them what to watch for, explain that every play has an oposite... nothing helped. Offense or defense, I had my way with them even as I tried tell them how I was doing it.

It's not that the people I would play against were stupid either. Far from it. In many ways they were smarter than me. It's just that some people will never understand strategy and tactics, at least not without a 12 month course. And that would only give them the basic book knowledge. Out of 100, maybe 10 would be able to apply what they have learned. :laugh:

Gibbs is a rare natural master who seems to be able to find ways to win when no one else could expect to. Go ahead and question his play calling. I did for years in his first run. All he did was win three superbowls. Here's a tip folks, If you don't understand why he does what he does, it just means he knows that much more about football than you, NOT the other way around.

And yeah, that was a hell of a 4000th post much better than my 4000th i'm sure! :cheers:

Archived