Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tampa Fan

AlexSmith81

I wasnt really talking trash just trying to talk football but ill come back to eat crow anyway. It was a great game. Im not going to complain about calls because both teams had some go their way. I think Simms preformed great he just needs to stop getting balls tipped. Hes averaged about 4 getting tipped a game since he took over as starter. Portis ran powerfully...Im not sure why they took him out of the game because they said he wasnt hurt. Both defenses preformed exceptionally....the Skins D started to fall apart in the second half but they only bended and did not break which is exactly what you need them to do. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your season.....

Nice post bro. Thanks for coming by. No one is going to give you crap for a respectful post like that. I thought it was a good game even though everyone on TV said it was awful. These sport commentators seem to think that if you don't throw 5 touchdowns in a game and don't run 150 yards, that the game was awful. If was old school hard nose football. I thought it was a good game.

I wasnt really talking trash just trying to talk football but ill come back to eat crow anyway. It was a great game. Im not going to complain about calls because both teams had some go their way. I think Simms preformed great he just needs to stop getting balls tipped. Hes averaged about 4 getting tipped a game since he took over as starter. Portis ran powerfully...Im not sure why they took him out of the game because they said he wasnt hurt. Both defenses preformed exceptionally....the Skins D started to fall apart in the second half but they only bended and did not break which is exactly what you need them to do. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your season.....

Portis has worked sooooo much in the last 6 weeks. I think Gibbs did it on purpose because he is going to work him a lot in Seattle.

I hear they did the same with Springs.

The buccs played great! Simms was the difference in this game.

He has a poor throwing technique it seemed, which caused something like 6 tips!

2 of them went for interceptions.

Both teams made mistakes, the Buccs just made more.

Thanks Mr Smith81, you have class. If you talk to Caddy on your bord, tell him to come by and say Hello.

You guys def have a bright future ahead of you. Lucky for us Mark Clayton wasn't there! He probably woulda hauled that one in. Simms does have to work on the tipped passes but he's a gutsy kid for sure. And you guys got your QB set. Now you need to get him some help on the O-line. They play a part in stopping batted passes. Gotta get the Defenders hands down. Esp when you're running a quick rhythm passing game.

As for Portis I think he really hurt himself pretty good on that KO of Quarles. He had a hard time holding on to the ball after that. Betts doesn't have his patience. He's running a lot like CP was last year. Just slamming into a gap. Every great RB has vision. I'm starting to think that Betts is lacking in that dept. We might be better off with Cartwright. Although he's a little light in the ass (but not toughness) for picking up blitzes. Don't see him stopping a LB in his tracks. So, we gotta pray that CP just had a stinger.

Everything feeds off him. When he's going we get play action to open up. He ended up with a 3.3 avg but he also had a couple nice runs that were negated by penalties. We usually end up getting Sellers or Royal some balls when he gets going. That in turn opens it up for Moss and Cooley. Also, I think JJG was just not willing to give the game back to TB after our Def came up so big. (Thx to TJ we almost got hurt pretty bad; yeah MB shoulda ate that ball or threw it away -- but TJ didn't fight too hard did he?)

Anyways, thx for the respectful post and GL to you guys next year. I did root for you in your 1st SB win :) How can you not like guys like Alstott and DB?

I think simms just needs to move a little more and clear a throwing lane... that will come with time and experience...

nice post and a great game in my opinon... it wasnt a pretty offensive display.. but rather a hard tough fight to the finish by two great Defenses....

Archived