Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Seahawks Trends Point to Victory Saturday

s0crates

Just remember its all about any given Sunday. We all see upsets all the time. Stats do not mean a thing. They show a trend, but trends are always broken at the worst possible time. I think this game is all about hunger and desire and dreams.

I'll be the first to admit I do not frequent the Seahawks message boards or look at there interviews and the like. But the one thing I do know is this.

THE REDSKINS ARE VERY HUNGRY FOR THIS WIN!!!

Every one of our players has (please exuse the cliche) "the eye of the tiger"

I watch these guys play each and every week. I see the look in their eyes. The hunger for victory. The desire for respect. Even when the stakes are down... all our players are there for the full 60:00 minutes... never anything less. If you are a skins fan, then take a few minutes to live in this moment... right here... right now. For the first time in a loooooong time, our destiny is in our own hands and we WILL make somthing out of it.

If you are a Seahwks fan, then look at our film clips. Watch our interviews. Live through the comeback of a 5-6 season turned around and going to the divisional playoffs. See what I see in our players. That is a sight you cant deny. That is a feeling that your team should be respectful and be wary of.

What ever the outcome on Saturday, nobody can take away what we have accomplished this season... Nobody!

Good luck... and may the better team win.

I'll take our chances!!!

HTTR FOREVER!!!

Just remember its all about any given Sunday. We all see upsets all the time. Stats do not mean a thing. They show a trend, but trends are always broken at the worst possible time. I think this game is all about hunger and desire and dreams.

I'll be the first to admit I do not frequent the Seahawks message boards or look at there interviews and the like. But the one thing I do know is this.

THE REDSKINS ARE VERY HUNGRY FOR THIS WIN!!!

Every one of our players has (please exuse the cliche) "the eye of the tiger"

I watch these guys play each and every week. I see the look in their eyes. The hunger for victory. The desire for respect. Even when the stakes are down... all our players are there for the full 60:00 minutes... never anything less. If you are a skins fan, then take a few minutes to live in this moment... right here... right now. For the first time in a loooooong time, our destiny is in our own hands and we WILL make somthing out of it.

If you are a Seahwks fan, then look at our film clips. Watch our interviews. Live through the comeback of a 5-6 season turned around and going to the divisional playoffs. See what I see in our players. That is a sight you cant deny. That is a feeling that your team should be respectful and be wary of.

What ever the outcome on Saturday, nobody can take away what we have accomplished this season... Nobody!

Good luck... and may the better team win.

I'll take our chances!!!

HTTR FOREVER!!!

:D Thanks for the nice reply.:D

That concerns me - playing a well rested team.

But then... we do have the momentum... the "rest" could work against them on an intensity basis.

Speaking of rested, the Post reports the Redskins are flying out Th rather than Friday, so they can get plenty of sleep and get aclimated time wise. I'm flying out Th too, maybe I'll see them...

:seahawksu

You can only play the teams they put in front of you and Seatle did that and did it well. They won 13 games which is hard to do in the NFL. It's easy to lose to an inferior team at least once in a year (our loss to Oakland for example). The long trip worries me a little as does their extra rest. Hopefully that will translate into a little rust and we can jump out on top of them. From the games I've seen, their crowd can be very loud when they're ahead but seems to quiet down fast if they fall behind. This is a tough team we're facing.

That said, we probably are the more battle-tested team and I like our chances.

I agree to win 13 games is very hard. Then again look at our skins. They lost a game in Denver because of a stupid rule (and IMO it didn't even apply to that fumble) not to mention the fieldgoal negated by a very iffy penalty.

then they lost a game in Tampa with a bogus call on that two point conversion.

Then they lose a game against SD after having a very makeable fieldgoal try negated by a penalty that should never have happend.

what am I trying to get at? The skins could have very easily been 13-3 and this record would have been against very very good teams. Not Houston and the Titans etc.

This is going to be a hard game. However if either team jumps out in front of the other double digits in the first half IMO its over. We are not a very good come from behind team and the Seahawks are not going to be using Alexander very much if they are two scores down. Turnovers will be key. The hawks are not a turnover team, we have been on fire the past 4 games in turnovers.

One thing however I would be worried if I were a Seahawk fans would be the intensity of my team. Did you see the hitting that went on in Tampa? The Skins you can be sure will be head hunting in this one and if the hawks can't match this they will lose. All in all I like our chances very much against a team that has been terrible in playoffs situations, has had a very easy schedule and will not function well if their RB is shut down-a speciality of our Defense.

Heres another trend, lol.

Since all four games this weekend are rematches from the regular season, here's an interesting note: Since 2000, there have been eight instances when teams that faced each other once in the regular season played a rematch in the playoffs. In those games, the teams that won the regular-season meetings are a combined 8-0 in the playoff rematch.

Heres another trend, lol.

Since all four games this weekend are rematches from the regular season, here's an interesting note: Since 2000, there have been eight instances when teams that faced each other once in the regular season played a rematch in the playoffs. In those games, the teams that won the regular-season meetings are a combined 8-0 in the playoff rematch.

Excellent work.

Archived