Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Seahawks Trends Point to Victory Saturday

s0crates

I don't know if you put much stock in trends, but consider the following:

-The Redskins are 9-4 against the Seahawks all time.

-The Redskins have won 4 straight against the Seahawks.

-Gibbs is 5-0 all time against the Seahawks.

-Mike Holmgrem is 0-4 against the Redskins.

I know we're underdogs, but I kinda like our chances.:cheers:

While fun to look at, none of those stats mean a thing. Remember that stat about Parcells with a lead in the fourth quarter? Don't put too much stock in that stuff although I have to admit, I can't remember the last time we lost to the Seachickens.

Yeah stats and streaks dont mean anything to me. The Bucs were undefeated in the playoffs at their staduim and that didnt stop us from winning. Winning in Seattle will be a huge task which will require our defense and offense to click 100%.

Dude, the Giants almost beat them at home.

If their kicker didn't miss 3 field goals, 2 of which were in OT.

Except two of the Giant TD's were admitted "officiating errors" :rolleyes: by the NFL after they reviewed the tape Homgern sent them--he had challenged both calls on the field. That game was tough but not as close as it seemed if you watched it.

Except two of the Giant TD's were admitted "officiating errors" :rolleyes: by the NFL after they reviewed the tape Homgern sent them--he had challenged both calls on the field. That game was tough but not as close as it seemed if you watched it.

OK, well then how many Playoff games have the Seagulls lost since their last Playoff win?

I count 6. Their last playoff win was the year they lost the AFCCG against a Rookie QB named Dan Marino 31-10.

We have more playoff wins this year than the damned Seagulls have in more than 2 decades.

Quite honestly, they have no chance. ;)

Sometimes, though, teams "just have your number."

I think we just have the Seahawks number.

Although, I must admit, flying 2000 miles to play a well rested team worries me. (On the bright side, we have momentum that they don't).

Unless you plan on playing in Montana, you'd better fly closer to 3000 miles. :D

By the way, if you consider the Giants TDs to be valid (I'm not disputing them - they were on the scoreboard), we're still looking at three missed field goals. Normally you'd attribute something like that to luck -- but there were also 11 false start penalties in that game, caused by the crowd. I know what your opinions of Fedex are, but I think most of you are underestimating the home field advantage of Qwest.

Although, I must admit, flying 2000 miles to play a well rested team worries me. (On the bright side, we have momentum that they don't).

That concerns me - playing a well rested team.

But then... we do have the momentum... the "rest" could work against them on an intensity basis.

That concerns me - playing a well rested team.

But then... we do have the momentum... the "rest" could work against them on an intensity basis.

I don't think so. Too many young and hungry players, and an insane-loud crowd that actually knows when to turn it up and when to turn it down.

we will have to work hard and watch film particularly the ants game against seattle as the ants took care of sean. we have the personnel to do a number on the seattle offense but ours has to be better than it was at tampa. tampa have a good defense so we may just have been overwhelmed by a superior force although we won that battle 3-0. the portis touchdown does not count as an offensive one with me as the d set that up so well.

The Seahawks have a lot of advantages here. They are at home. They are healthy. They've had a week off. Don't think for a second our offesne will be as bad as it looked yesterday, but we will need to play as well as we possibly can to have a chance in Seattle. If I were a betting man, I'd be tempted to take Seattle and give the points.

That said, we do have one thing going our way:

Gibbs in the playoffs: 17-5

Holmgren in the playoffs: 9-8

Holmgren in the playoffs without Favre: 0-3

Gibbs has proven time and again that he doesn't need a superstar at QB to win at the highest level. Holmgren has not proven that. At all.

And we are fast approaching the highest level. :)

We shall see what we shall see.

Both coaches have the experience in the playoffs and both teams are good teams. I also agree a 9 point spread is too high. I think it will be a very tight game. Both teams have improved since they played each other. I'm looking forward to a great game and hopefully, a Skins win.

I'm not very familiar with the Seahawks this year. I've only seen the game against the Redskins. Just from looking at their schedule and the scores, I don't see the domination at home that I would have expected.

It looks like they had a tight home game against Atlanta and another against Dallas. The close game against the Giants has been discussed. Dominating Arizona, Houston, St. Louis and San Francisco at home doesn't really show much to me. And from what I understand, the Colts had nothing to play for in their game.

Again, I know it gets loud in that dome, but I don't see the big home field advantage I expected.

Sep 11 @Jacksonville Lost 14-26

Sep 18 Atlanta Won 21-18

Sep 25 Arizona Won 37-12

Oct 2 @Washington Lost 17-20

Oct 9 @St. Louis Won 37-31

Oct 16 Houston Won 42-10

Oct 23 Dallas Won 13-10

Week 8 BYE

Nov 6 @Arizona Won 33-19

Nov 13 St. Louis Won 31-16

Nov 20 @San Francisco Won 27-25

Nov 27 N.Y. Giants Won 24-21

Dec 5 @Philadelphia Won 42-0

Dec 11 San Francisco Won 41-3

Dec 18 @Tennessee Won 28-24

Dec 24 Indianapolis Won 28-13

Jan 1 @Green Bay Lost 17-23

Jan 14 Washington 4:30pm

The big thing here will be the rust on the seahawks, but the seahawks are a smart team. Being smart doesnt really rust away which is why we need to take advantage of the passing timing and anything rust related as we can.

Another trend.

Last six, we are 6-0 (big surprise to most of you)

Archived