Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawk Fans Disrespecting Skins

RiggoReincarnated

Call me a troll if you want, but I am stating truth here, and as far as meeting you at fed ex, thats pretty childish, and you really dont want that ...TRUST me.

Who cares about the rediculous strength of schedule crap. We beat the teams we were supposed to beat, and Handily, except ONCE.

We are 8-0 at home, thats the facts

The schedule strength measures the level of competition that the team has been playing against. That's the FACT. The Seasquawks will be 8-1 at home next Saturday

Despite wining the last 4 games vs the Seahawks a lot of fans up here do not repect the Redskins. When they have lost they have the "I can not believe we lost to the Redskins" Attitude.

That is alright, the Seahawks lost twice to Spurrier. :silly:

And you have 6 days to think about the loss at FedEx this season. Hasselbeck has 6 days to worry about Marcus Washington, Lavar Arrington, Sean Taylor, Phillip Daniels, Cornelius Griffin, and Gregg Willams... I'm sure he'll sleep just fine. :laugh:

Oh, and of course, you have 6 days to think about Joe Gibbs which is 17-5 in the postseason.

I would say, maybe they better think about being steamrolled by, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Mack Strong, Robbie Tobeck , Chris Grey , Sean Locklear, and, Jeremy Stevens.

Hass will sleep JUST FINE

'Nuff said

Despite wining the last 4 games vs the Seahawks a lot of fans up here do not repect the Redskins. When the have lost the have the "I can not believe we lost to the Redskins" Attitude.

That is alright, the Seahawks lost twice to Spurrier. :silly:

And thats all good. Let them sleep on us. I want them to. I will say this right now..Sean Taylor will destory every WR that comes in his path. Seahawks WRs are softer than cotton candy.

I would say, maybe they better think about being steamrolled by, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Mack Strong, Robbie Tobeck , Chris Grey , Sean Locklear, and, Jeremy Stevens.

Hass will sleep JUST FINE

'Nuff said

If the #1 TB defense couldn't do it, what makes you think your team will? They couldn't do it in week 4 and doubt they will do it next Saturday.

Yawn. And Redskins fans are disrespecting Seahawks. Homers will be homers.

Anyone around here bright enough to break down the game in more depth than "stop Alexander and we win"?

Why go in to any more depth than that. Your a one man team, and he's about to walk into an 11 man wall. Nuff said.

If the #1 TB defense couldn't do it, what makes you think your team will? They couldn't do it in week 4 and doubt they will do it next Saturday.

Dude ...I am listing, the top offensive line in the entire NFL (your next opponent)

Dont you understand that? .....Here....have some water.......

All Pro Linemen on the left side (both Jones, and Hutch, Then fullback Strong)

OK, this probably is along the lines of oversimplification, but you don't win 13 NFL games without being a damn good football team. You also don't win 6 consecutive must-win games in the NFL without being a damn good football team. Either side showing disrespect is pointless. This is going to be a good game between two solid teams. I can't wait!
Ding ding ding... We have a winner! This is by far the best, most accurate and rational post in this thread. In contrast to...
I'm actually much more confident about this game than I was about the Bucs game. Seattle doesn't have a defense, and we know that we can shut down Shaun Alexander.
We don't have a defense?!? Whatever. I didn't know anything when I was 17 either, so this is easy to deal with. On the other hand...
Your entire offense is predicated on Alexander, we stop him we stop the the Hawks.
This was written by someone who is 34 and who really should know better. It's about as accurate, and as pointless, as me saying "if the Seahawks stop Portis, they stop the Redskins."

But again, I could only wish and dream that Gibbs & Co would have that same opinion about the Seahawk offense. Unfortunately for me, he's too smart for that.

Umm, the #1 TB defense held your offense to 3 points. Your defense was what was doing all the scoring. So I'm relying on our defense to keep your score low, and relying on our offense to not give up 14 points to your defense. Given the state of our offense (which consists of much more than Shaun Alexander, for those of you who think otherwise) and the improvement on our defense, it's entirely reasonable to think we can "do it".

Whether we "do it" or not remains to be seen...

Umm, the #1 TB defense held your offense to 3 points. Your defense was what was doing all the scoring. So I'm relying on our defense to keep your score low, and relying on our offense to not give up 14 points to your defense. Given the state of our offense (which consists of much more than Shaun Alexander, for those of you who think otherwise) and the improvement on our defense, it's entirely reasonable to think we can "do it".

Whether we "do it" or not remains to be seen...

We did it in DC when things weren't going so well and now our defense is getting their groove on, Shaun had 98 yards rushing - a big run of 31 yards or something but you know what since our little winning streak we haven't given up to many big plays.

:wave:

I truly think this game has the potential to be a great game. I think it's unrealistic for one side to state that this game will be a blowout in Seattle's favor in earlier posts. Seattle is truly a great team and if the Skins can't beat them, I hope the Seahawks take it all the way. I just think some of your fellow fans are not giving the Skins the credit and respect they deserve. They've won 6 in a row leading up to this game so I don't expect the Skins to roll over now.

I wouldn't say that they have any real effect on the game, but I would also point out that the Bucs fans probably said the same thing about Gibbs playoff history and track record....
I'm not saying Gibbs history and track record are irrelevant. There is certainly something to be said about having been their before. If he had actually said that, I'd have given him credit. But he dropped three irrelevant stats, the last of which made zero sense whatsoever.

Well Troll boy LOVER........

The fact is this is the Playoffs.

We are 8-0 at Home.

We ran off 10 straight victories after the anomaly at your place .

Buh.....Bye....Now

Not that I'm agreeing with your approach, but it was actually 11 straight wins.

:2cents:

The good news for Seattle is that historically the teams that have gotten the first-round bye have done exceptionally well in the divisional round.

The bad news for Seattle is that they're going up against a team coached by a man who went into Chicago in the divisional round in consecutive years and came away victorious both times.

We have to get Portis healthy - we saw what happens to our O if he is out. If he can go all game and we open up the passing game we have already shown we can beat this team.

Make no mistake though the Hawks will be a lot tougher at home.

I think our D will keep them in check but it will not be able to win single handed next week - if our O can get on track we win.

Whatever is it or is it not great to be in the mix and 2 WINS FROM A SUPERBOWL

We did it in DC when things weren't going so well and now our defense is getting their groove on, Shaun had 98 yards rushing - a big run of 31 yards or something but you know what since our little winning streak we haven't given up to many big plays.

:wave:

Not for nothing but it always amazes me how people think they're team is the only one that has improved over the season. Cracks me up.

and get used to Brunell throwing picks, he's pretty good at it ......especially compared to Hass :laugh:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12429

Matt Hasselback has thrown 24 TDs and 9 int

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032

Mark Brunell has thrown 23TDs and 10 int.

So, if Brunell is good at throwing picks, then Hasselback is as well. And, that means your staement is a moot point and false.

Also, Brunell threw 3 of his picks in one game and still won.

Onto meaningful talk. The game will be excellent. Excellent offense(SEA) vs an excellent defense(WAS) An above-average defense vs an above-average offense.

The Seahawks have a very good defense. I don't care if it was Mike McMahon at QB for Philly. Most teams do not score 21 points on returns and a total of 35 off turnovers.

Alexander will get his yards. Neutralizing his effectiveness is the key. Don't let him get big runs. And, the way to do that is to force him to run right and cut off any cutback lanes to the left. Behind that left side Alexander is dangerous. Neutralize it.

Low-scoring affair, WAS 20 SEA 17.

Alright, enough of this back and forth. Seattle is the top seed in the NFC, one could argue of the easy teams they faced, but it doesnt matter anymore. Seattle is rested after the bye they earned, and the Skins arent exactly 100% healthy. Seattle will be a tough game and a close one, like the one at Fedex. I want my Skins to come out as winners, but we will have to see next week. Heres to good game and no injuries to any playoff team.

Gaze upon the three SuperBowl rings, just before you're knocked unconcious. Enjoy!
Are you still talking about those things? Weren't those from like the 1930s or something? Seriously, I thought only 49er fans pulled that oldie but goodie out of their bags. It's like me talking about the great Mustang I had back in 1987.

Kind of ridiculous, no? You guys are pretty good NOW. Why not live in the present and let the 49er fans reminisce about better days.

Oh well, at least there were a few posts in these seven pages that were more than homer chest thumpin'.

Here's my brief analysis of our first game (already given in part in another -- very short lived -- thread):

Total offense was almost identical, we had two more yards than you, 354 to 352 without looking it up again, and that was without us ever having the ball in overtime. Alexander gained 98 yards on 20 carries, you didn't really shut him down per se (or our offense, with I'll remind you 354 total yards), Holmie went into "play from behind mode" even though you were never very far ahead.

Why did he do that? This is the key to that game, and is likely the key to this one as well:

Your offense controlled the ball and kept it away from our O. As I recall, at half time we had the ball less than 8 minutes and you'd had it 22. At the finish of regulation you'd had the ball >36 min and we'd had it <24.

That's the big difference in the first game. Not shutting down Alexander, not your incredible D (which by the way allows more pts/game than ours) shutting down our one-dimensional O (which by the way again is NOT predicated on Alexander, the west coast offense passes first to set up the run; it may have been a bit backwards this season because our top two receivers were hurt for significant time), but winning the time of possession battle in a big way.

Let's look at it further. How did you keep the ball so long? First, you only had one turnover. But we had zero.

If we look at the play by play, one thing jumps out:

3-13-WAS17 (5:11) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to J.Thrash to WAS 33 for 16 yards (M.Boulware).

3-13-WAS30 (3:39) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to S.Moss to WAS 45 for 15 yards (A.Dyson).

3-10-SEA23 (5:39) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to R.Royal to SEA 13 for 10 yards (B.Fisher, K.Bentley).

3-7-SEA10 (4:33) M.Brunell pass to S.Moss to SEA 2 for 8 yards (A.Dyson).

3-10-SEA33 (7:31) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete to D.Patten.

PENALTY on SEA-M.Boulware, Defensive Pass Interference, 29 yards, enforced at SEA 33 - No Play.

3-9-WAS30 (3:23) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to C.Portis to WAS 42 for 12 yards (D.Lewis).

3-10-WAS23 (14:12) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to S.Moss to WAS 36 for 13 yards (M.Trufant).

3-9-WAS37 (12:47) (Shotgun) M.Brunell up the middle to SEA 45 for 18 yards (K.Hamlin).

3-10-SEA45 (11:15) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to S.Moss to SEA 15 for 30 yards (K.Herndon).

Third and long after third and long, Brunell KILLED us. You were an unbelievable 13-18 on third down, and it didn't even matter how long it was.

13-18 on third downs leading to having the ball half again as long as us. That's how you won.

How are you going to do that again?

Archived