Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rivalry in the making

DieHard86

After the November 2 pt conversion game, and today's game with Sean Taylor getting smacked and kicked out and Chris Simms taunting the Redskins, the Redskins and Bucs may have a real rivalry going forward. We play them again next year, and I want somebody to knock Chris Simms the f*** out.

and by the way, the anti-Redskins bias was in full effect today, on full display. That ref should have thrown out Pittman too, and the announcers and Chris Berman and crew were pretty pissed off that Washington won. Deal with it. Hail to the Redskins.

:helmet:

The Skins and Bucs have played some classics over the years.

1999 Playoff game

2000 The Deion overtime punt return

2004 The Return of Gibbs

2005 The 2 point debacle

2005 Playoff game 2

Of course there's also 2003. While the Bucs whipped us on the field, that game also added a little spice to the rivalry because that's the game that LaVar warned Warren Sapp to not try and walk through the Skins warmup lines or there would be a fight in pregame.

Well boomer is a Giants homer, then theres Micheal Irving (need i say more), then we have Steve Young (who was on the band wagon before the game) suddenly drops off the band wagon and finaly TJ (clueless half the time).

back to the subject, this rivalry is getting good. both games with calls that could go any way, ejections(bs) and great defense. What more can i say!

There definately is a little rivalry brewing. It reminds me very much of our small rivalry with the 49ers during Joe Gibbs first tenure. We seemed to play them every year in the playoffs back then. Plus that brownish color they both wear makes me think of them very similary as well.

Speaking of the old 49ers-Redskins rivalry, I saw a game on ESPN the other night that was one of the classic games specials. It was the 1983 NFC championship game against the 49ers when Ronnie Lott got called for numerous passing interfierence calls and John Riggins threw his only Touchdown pass of his career.

Archived