Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantastic Refs

Ignatius J.

The Refs called an excellent game!! I cant believe Gruden said that he "didnt remember the falcons play when they drop the ball aginst the bucs" Two weeks ago the Atlanta Falcons should have beat them on their field because of that call but the rule was if thge ball comes out once you hit the ground then it is an incomplete pass.

Finally a good performnace!

The refs called a fair game. Of course Bucs fans are saying that the refs sucked because they missed the LaVar fumble, Washington being touched by Caddy on the fumble return, and of course the incomplete pass in the endzone that would of tied the game 17-17. I think the refs got all of those calls right, LaVar was down, it was inconclusive evidense to overturn the Washington return and Sheppard bobbled the ball and did not have it when he came down. I was initially pissed when they flagged ST for unsportsmanlike conduct but if he did spit in the guys face, he deserved it. Overall, it was a fair game and the refs did a much better job then the refs did the last game at Tampa.

Good called game. I just knew we were going to get reffed on the Touchdown/Incompletion but they got it right. Also on the ST call if anyone spit in your face you would slap them back or even more so I thought it was a good call although I didn't want to hear it.

i dont know about the NFL, but in a college game they would(should) both been ejected for fighting, I used to officiate here in Australia, andf that is the rule, Pitts man should have been ejected for striking at least offsetting penalties, anyway we won so who really cares...go skins....I love gibbskin football

OMFG.

Even Marcus Washington admitted that the "breaks" went the Skins way. He's in church this AM thanking God for several calls.

Lavar's fumble.

Marcus' downed recovery.

And the OBVIOUS TD!. Since when does 2 feet down and possession not equal possession.

Ahh yes, the reffs were on top of their game alright.

OMFG.

Even Marcus Washington admitted that the "breaks" went the Skins way. He's in church this AM thanking God for several calls.

Lavar's fumble.

Marcus' downed recovery.

And the OBVIOUS TD!. Since when does 2 feet down and possession not equal possession.

Someone is bitter. I think you need to familiarize yourself with the rule. You have to have possession with 2 feet down and make a "football move", or if you are falling you need to maintain possession as you hit the ground. Sheperd did neither, it was incomplete.

OMFG.

Lavar's fumble.

Marcus' downed recovery.

breaks as in the way the ball bounces, during the early part of the season we were getting a lot of fumbles but we were always inches away. We got our hands on the ball but we couldn't quite get the pciks, that is what he meant.

Someone is bitter. I think you need to familiarize yourself with the rule. You have to have possession with 2 feet down and make a "football move", or if you are falling you need to maintain possession as you hit the ground. Sheperd did neither, it was incomplete.

You are wrong with regards to the football move. This is a very vague part of the rule and was incorrectly called yesterday. If a player has possession, 2 feet down, in the endzone...it's a TD.

The reffs blew the call on the field and there was no way that they were overturning it on replay.

Count your blessings, good win for the Skins, but don't be ignorant and suggest that Tampa wasn't screwed.

You are wrong with regards to the football move. This is a very vague part of the rule and was incorrectly called yesterday. If a player has possession, 2 feet down, in the endzone...it's a TD.

The reffs blew the call on the field and there was no way that they were overturning it on replay.

Count your blessings, good win for the Skins, but don't be ignorant and suggest that Tampa wasn't screwed.

You don't know the rules, The ref explained it clearly. Now if you don't understand football please don't pollute our board with your ignorance.

breaks as in the way the ball bounces, during the early part of the season we were getting a lot of fumbles but we were always inches away. We got our hands on the ball but we couldn't quite get the pciks, that is what he meant.

Hey, I totally agree and if the Giants win this way today, I'll be thankful for the win.

That said, I won't suggest that the reffs were very good.

I feel happy and surprised we got the calls we got. Its easy as a Redskin fan to say this. They seemed to be the right calls but normally we dont get the right calls. If Gruden or any Tampa coaches,players,or fans want to cry then tell them to look at the first time we played and had at least 5 major calls go against us. Same with the Denver game. Poetic justice my friends poetic justice!!

Lavar's fumble was ruled down by contact non-reviewable..

Marcus Wahsington' s fumble recover has eerie simalarities to Alstotts elbow. We don't see the ball at all in the PAT and we don't see the actual contact of Cadilac's leg hindering MW's progress.

the last TD was right on the money. Way to go Carlos!

payback is a ***** and really nice when you can get it in the same season!

when they added the "football move" to the rulebook they also revamped endzone touchdowns..

you must have possession of the ball when you hit the ground. the 2 foot rule applies when you make a catch and stay upright.

You don't have to make a football move in the endzone, but if you are falling you have to maintain possession after you hit the ground. Simple as that. That's rule and the correct call was made.

OMFG.

Lavar's fumble.

Marcus' downed recovery.

pathetic,

LaVAr ruled down by contact, unreviewable... THAT's the rule. I am so sure the bucs have never gotten a down by contact in their favor ever :rolleyes:

plus LaVar's knee was down

There wasn't a buc near him, Williams was reaching for the ball not Washington. There wasn't any view that showed any buc player touching him while he picked up the fumble. They got it right again!!

First off he didn't ever control the ball, it was sliding all over him as he came down, but it doesn't matterbecause the rule clearly states that you must have two feet down and a "football" move, or if falling must have control of the ball when you hit the ground..... been that way for years. If it had been outside of the endzone, and the Skins recovered the ball...You would be the first one screaming "incomplete"... because it would be.

to quote you from yesterday (paraphrased)

you lost, get over it already!

you're a fool

in the endzone the reciever must maintain possesion of the ball when hitting the ground, how many time have you seen replays of a guy tip toeing the catch, and the announcer asks, did he hold on to ball when he hit the ground?

geez, learn the rules.... Tampa wasn't screwed, they were beat soundly They had 5 drives to score to tie the game and came up flat.... and after the first meeting between the 2 teams this season... the last team that could cry about getting screwed would be the bucs.

0d0d74ab.jpg

Archived