Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let Santana Return Punts!

surferskin

the more touches for #89 the better...it's playoff time and it's time to pull out all the stops. this could be very close game and could very well come down to special teams. santana had big punt return last year in the playoffs for the jets last year. i think we should take full advantage of our most dangerous weapon. :point2sky

No and no... We should not let our stars play on ST's. I do not want to see Santana take a hit that could end the playoffs for him. I'm satisfied with our ST's already.

i think that's the whole point...if we don't win, then the playoffs end for every redskin.

I'm just not sure. If he gets hurt on a punt return, I would love to hear the reaction of these guys who want him returning punts. I say no, you have to realize what he is. Don't get me wrong, he would be a great punt returner, but he is too important to us at WR.

I'm just not sure. If he gets hurt on a punt return, I would love to hear the reaction of these guys who want him returning punts. I say no, you have to realize what he is. Don't get me wrong, he would be a great punt returner, but he is too important to us at WR.

The response would be "the nfl has passed Gibbs by, who the hell uses their star reciever to return punts"

I would say throw him in there and leave everything on the field - save nothing.

But with Santana, he has a history of injuries for the Jets (as sweet as he's been for us - a godsend really). Need to protect him a little.

Use him as a change of pace returner. We don't want to Jason Sehorn him...

Too dangerous to do this.... He's really the only receiver we've got... Have no (playmaking) depth behind him. If we were stocked at WR, yeah, put him in... Problem is he could get hurt early in the game like on TB's first punt, then we're out Santana for the remainder of the game... Can't afford that.... Antonio Brown will be fine. He's got just as much raw speed as Santana.

No and no... We should not let our stars play on ST's. I do not want to see Santana take a hit that could end the playoffs for him. I'm satisfied with our ST's already.

Actually, I think Taylor already plays on ST's... just doesn't return any punts. But I agree that Santana shouldn't be a return man. If he gets injured, who's our next receiving option? Cooley? Thrash? Jacobs? Way too risky IMO.

Besides, Antonio Brown already matches Moss in terms of speed.

Archived