Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most underrated element of this game

nace14

bare with me if this was posted. did the whole search thing and think i'm good.

on to my point...

watching all of the analysis of this game on saturday everyone talks about the match ups of portis against the buc d, brunel vs. simms playoff experience, galloway vs. our cb's, and our dline vs. caddie.

what i haven't heard at all is the importance of Greg Williams having an opportunity to gameplane the bucs for the second time this year.

Look at every team we played twice this year.

Giants- 36 in the first game, 13 offensive points in the second (with a b.s. roughing the reciever on clark, and a lucky deflected pass for their only offensive TD.

Cowboys- 13 in the first game, essentially 0 in the second.

Philly- 10 in the first, 20 in the second, be it that was a completely different qb to gameplan and a couple of blown assignments.

GREG WILLIAMS DOMINATES REPEAT GAMES!

with a healthy sean taylor, williams is going to have one crazy game plan in place this weekend. take notice.

You look at that, let also look at JG second game performance:

Dallas: 14 in the first, 35 in the second

NYG: 0 in the first, 35 in the second

Philidelphia: 17 in the first, 24 in the second

So, from that, it looks like we'll score more points

From your post, it looks like we'll allow fewer

I'd like this to be a TRUE correlation.

You look at that, let also look at JG second game performance:

Dallas: 14 in the first, 35 in the second

NYG: 0 in the first, 35 in the second

Philidelphia: 17 in the first, 24 in the second

So, from that, it looks like we'll score more points

From your post, it looks like we'll allow fewer

I'd like this to be a TRUE correlation.

this is definitely true and i'm not arguing with it, but look at the difference in turnover ration and field position in those games. here's hoping we get the ball first get a lead and establish the tempo early.

Wow:rolleyes: the straws you people grasp:doh:

Give good old Monte Kiffin a week to prepare for you and your also in trouble :cheers:

I dont think this is going to be the scorefest we saw last time and I will take the #1 defense over the #9 defense all day long:2cents:

Give good old Monte Kiffin a week to prepare for you and your also in trouble :cheers:

I dont think this is going to be the scorefest we saw last time and I will take the #1 defense over the #9 defense all day long:2cents:

the point of the thread is that the experts have talked about monte kiffin, the only mention they've made of williams is his contract extension. i'm simply pointing out that in all the talk of the bucs d, william's gameplaning has been overlooked.

the point of the thread is that the experts have talked about monte kiffin, the only mention they've made of williams is his contract extension. i'm simply pointing out that in all the talk of the bucs d, william's gameplaning has been overlooked.

I have heard a lot of talk about Williams and what a good defensive coordinator he is.

I am sure its not going to be easy for either team to score much Williamsi s much better at running a defense then being a head coach I will say that !!!!

yeah that #1 D of yours has really showed consistency there. They did hold NY Jets to 14 and 9ers to 15 points - quite a feat. Oh wait, you lost those games.

Skins D has been very consistent. We had some bad showings when people were injured (Griffin especially), but overall I'll take Skins D over Bucs anyday.

I have heard a lot of talk about Williams and what a good defensive coordinator he is.

I am sure its not going to be easy for either team to score much Williamsi s much better at running a defense then being a head coach I will say that !!!!

i am interested in kifin's adjustments after watching portis run for 144. but i think part of kifin's genius is running his defense to perfection in contrast to williams who changes his every week.

with st and carlos healthy this week, i'm dying to see the blitz packages that williams is going to dial up. i think he'll find ways to negate galloway by confusing simms.

kiffin on the other hand, i don't think is going to change a whole lot except kill his linemen for getting out of their gaps. i must admit i love kiffin's style of coaching.

i am interested in kifin's adjustments after watching portis run for 144. but i think part of kifin's genius is running his defense to perfection in contrast to williams who changes his every week.

with st and carlos healthy this week, i'm dying to see the blitz packages that williams is going to dial up. i think he'll find ways to negate galloway by confusing simms.

kiffin on the other hand, i don't think is going to change a whole lot except kill his linemen for getting out of their gaps. i must admit i love kiffin's style of coaching.

On your williams take I agree he will try to confuse Simms but just as you had people out the last time we played so did the Bucs.

I think Gruden is well aware that the Redskins are gong to try to confuse Simms,

and will run the ball.

The last time you played us Caddy was not near 100% I think we will run the ball to set up the pass.

Your defense has gotten it's #1 ranking by playing a weak schedule. When you correct for strength of schedule differences, your defense should be ranked #10

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/public/NFL/PowerRankings

this is definitely true and i'm not arguing with it, but look at the difference in turnover ration and field position in those games. here's hoping we get the ball first get a lead and establish the tempo early.

Bingo! Turnovers and Special Teams will be crucial in this game. Its going to be about field position . trying to depend on driving 80 yards all day is not a good game plan...

bare with me if this was posted. did the whole search thing and think i'm good.

on to my point...

watching all of the analysis of this game on saturday everyone talks about the match ups of portis against the buc d, brunel vs. simms playoff experience, galloway vs. our cb's, and our dline vs. caddie.

what i haven't heard at all is the importance of Greg Williams having an opportunity to gameplane the bucs for the second time this year.

Look at every team we played twice this year.

Giants- 36 in the first game, 13 offensive points in the second (with a b.s. roughing the reciever on clark, and a lucky deflected pass for their only offensive TD.

Cowboys- 13 in the first game, essentially 0 in the second.

Philly- 10 in the first, 20 in the second, be it that was a completely different qb to gameplan and a couple of blown assignments.

GREG WILLIAMS DOMINATES REPEAT GAMES!

with a healthy sean taylor, williams is going to have one crazy game plan in place this weekend. take notice.

Playing opponents twice in a season?? So we should beat

Tampa

Seattle

Chicago

since we already played each of them once already.

The reason the '83 team scored so much was a turnover ration that created many sfos and other great scoring opportunities.

Archived