Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs playoff tid bit

fuji869

Don’t want to jinx the Redskins but Joe Gibbs only has 1 one-and-out in 8 playoff appearances. 1984 the Chicago Bears beat the Redskins 23-19 for the Redskins only post season loss @ RFK.

That is alright we got our revenge in the 1986 & 87 Playoffs.

Don’t want to jinx the Redskins but Joe Gibbs only has 1 one-and-out in 8 playoff appearances. 1984 the Chicago Bears beat the Redskins 23-19 for the Redskins only post season loss @ RFK.

That is alright we got our revenge in the 1986 & 87 Playoffs.

It safe to say, come december and the playoffs, no one is better ... if you look at the big picture he has never had a marquee, top teir, potential hall of fame QB and yet he gets it done, I would love to see Belechik with out Brady, Walsh without Montana, and Johnson without Aikman ... whew ...

That Chicago loss was our real first experience with that dominating defense. We were unprepared and got beat up pretty good in the game. I think we were overconfident (I know the fans were) because they had to go to a backup QB for the game.

We just had a real hard time with the blitz's they were throwing at us and somehow they scored more points than we did even though there offense wasn't very good at all. It showed in the championship game when they could only muster 3 points against the 49ers.

That was a very hard loss considering we were trying to erase the memory of the Raider Superbowl. We were still defending NFC Champions and just about everybody expected a rematch of the 83 NFC Championship.

I do remember being really pissed at the refs after that game, I believe our recievers were mugged all day...not sure though, it was a long time ago.

Gibbs is 5-0 in wildcard games, IIRC.

Gibbs is 4-0 in Wild Card games.

1982 31-7 over Detroit

1986 19-7 over LA Rams

1990 20-6 over Philadelphia

1992 24-7 over Minnesota

The other Wild Card appearance was a 27-13 win over Detroit in 1999 by Norv Turner.

WRONG ON! Gibbs will be 6-0 in wildcard games after Saturday...Skins be FLYIN...Bucs be CRYIN!!! :laugh:

Wrong. He'll be 5-0 and the Redskins will be 6-0.

Any of you guys read the post this morning. Boswell had a very intersting story about the 87 year when with what appeared on paper a very mediocre team we ended up winning the SB. I had to re-read this fact. Clark, our leading receiver with less than 700 yards and Monk out for 9 games. Rogers and Byner had a combine total of barely 1000 yards. And yet we just about killed Denver in the SB.

Conclusion. I think this game tomorrow will show us a lot about this team. Honestly I believe we lose a close one or we blow out the Bucs.

That was the first and last game Skins employed the Shotgun and we snapped it over Theismann's head. Richard Dent had his coming out party that day. We were a little beat up and slow that day too. We didn't do anything to win, were flat, and The Bears were very hungry. I remember the day well. It was a miserable one.

Any of you guys read the post this morning. Boswell had a very intersting story about the 87 year when with what appeared on paper a very mediocre team we ended up winning the SB. I had to re-read this fact. Clark, our leading receiver with less than 700 yards and Monk out for 9 games. Rogers and Byner had a combine total of barely 1000 yards. And yet we just about killed Denver in the SB.

Conclusion. I think this game tomorrow will show us a lot about this team. Honestly I believe we lose a close one or we blow out the Bucs.

Don't read into the bad numbers, 87 was a strike shortened year with 4 games lost, I believe, to the work stoppage.

Byner wasn't on the 87 Redskins as well, it was Rogers and Timmy Smith. The 87 AFC Championship game was the one Byner fumbled away at the 5.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived