Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday nite in Tampa

jerryphx

Hi, first time poster.

Flying in from Phoenix and arrive in Tampa Friday nite. Won't meet up with my buddies until Saturday morning - they're coming in from MD. We've got a group going to the game. We'll be accounting for at least 10 tix...

Is there anything going on Friday nite? Any official 'skins fan hotspot?

Can't wait, this is my first Playoff. :cheers:

HTTR

Jerry in AZ

Ybor City...Gaspar's Grotto on 7th Ave...there were quite a few Redskins fans in there last time the Redskins were in Tampa back in November...Friday night should be good. Also, Elmer's on 7th Ave between 20th and 21st St is a local Redskins bar. If your taste is more "upscale", then King Corona (also on 7th) is a nice quiet place to have a drink and a cigar.

HTTR!!! :cheers:

Ybor City - where is that in relation to RJS? I'm, staying at the Hilton Airport Westshore.

Cigar friendly :applause:

Westshore to I-275 East to I-4, then Exit on to 21st St

You have to go Right (South) on 21st...take that down to 7th Ave

Take a Right on 7th Avenue...it's the main drag in Ybor

There is a good parking deck one block south of 7th Ave. between 15th and 16th Streets. If you get there before 10 pm you can park for only a few $$$. After 10 pm it's $10.

Ybor is VERY cigar friendly...it's the old cigar manufacturing district...there are still numerous cigar shops and cigar factories along 7th Avenue.

Just let me know where you're gonna be. Hope to see you all there! HTTR!!! :cheers:

Why??? I've only lived in Riverview since June of 2004...I grew up in Northern Virginia...lived there for over 30 years...'Skins 4 LIFE...got a problem with that??? :laugh:

Since 2004? That's fine then. I always give people 5 years to convert to the Bucs after they move to Tampa. You still have a few years allowable as a Skins fan. :silly:

Yo where the college girls at?

They are in Ybor city as well. Too bad you wernt there for the Guavaween on Halloween night. Its a lot of fun. I lived on Siesta Key in Sarasota for a few years after school. Wish i were there to see the Bucs lose, its fun to watch Tampa fans lose.

They are in Ybor city as well. Too bad you wernt there for the Guavaween on Halloween night. Its a lot of fun. I lived on Siesta Key in Sarasota for a few years after school. Wish i were there to see the Bucs lose, its fun to watch Tampa fans lose.

Oh hell yeah! Guavaween is off the chain, baby! Think Mardi Gras...beads...and young college girls showing their "wares"...ya gotta love Ybor!!! :cheers:

Ybor City...Gaspar's Grotto on 7th Ave...there were quite a few Redskins fans in there last time the Redskins were in Tampa back in November...Friday night should be good. Also, Elmer's on 7th Ave between 20th and 21st St is a local Redskins bar. If your taste is more "upscale", then King Corona (also on 7th) is a nice quiet place to have a drink and a cigar.

HTTR!!! :cheers:

Nova- Elliott in the Morning show just interviewed the owner of Elmers. He's from Silver Spring. He's expecting a big Skins turnout there, mostly post game. He said he has 2 locations. One in South Tampa and the other in Ybor City. Another caller called in and said the wings are awesome at the one in Ybor City. Said there were 100 different flavors. Our local channell 9 will be filming from one of the two locations, but I don't know which. :cheers:

Nova- Elliott in the Morning show just interviewed the owner of Elmers. He's from Silver Spring. He's expecting a big Skins turnout there, mostly post game. He said he has 2 locations. One in South Tampa and the other in Ybor City. Another caller called in and said the wings are awesome at the one in Ybor City. Said there were 100 different flavors. :cheers:

As a regular at Elmer's, I can attest to the quality of the wings...they are AWESOME...the spicy bbq wings are out of this world...I'm drooling just thinking about 'em! :cheers:

I edited my post. Do you have any knowledge of which location Channel 9 will be filming from? I'm sure any Skins fans traveling down to Tampa would love to know.

I honestly have no idea...but me and the missus always hang out in Ybor on Friday night, so that's where we're gonna be! Hope to see you all there! HTTR!!! :cheers:

Since 2004? That's fine then. I always give people 5 years to convert to the Bucs after they move to Tampa. You still have a few years allowable as a Skins fan. :silly:

That's like settling for spam after eating steak all of your life. Damn! you can't even sell out your own stadium in a playoff game. How pathetic!

:bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

I recommend Channelside or Hyde Park. I know everyone always talks about Ybor City and when you hear Tampa you think of Ybor, but that place is overrated. It has gone downhill from a few years ago. I mean it's ok, and it's nice to go there and experience it if you have never been. But I highly recommend Channelside or Hyde Park Cafe or Bahasa which is in Hyde Park.

Archived