Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday nite in Tampa

jerryphx

I recommend Channelside or Hyde Park. I know everyone always talks about Ybor City and when you hear Tampa you think of Ybor, but that place is overrated. It has gone downhill from a few years ago. I mean it's ok, and it's nice to go there and experience it if you have never been. But I highly recommend Channelside or Hyde Park Cafe or Bahasa which is in Hyde Park.

Yeah, Channelside is nice, but we love Ybor...King Corona, Acropolis, The Boneyard, Gaspar's Grotto, Tampa Bay Brewing Co., Elmer's, and of course, Centro Ybor! There's also The Castle for those of you who like things a little weird and wild.

Ybor isn't overrated, it's a blast!!! We love it here!!! :cheers:

Yeah, Channelside is nice, but we love Ybor...King Corona, Acropolis, The Boneyard, Gaspar's Grotto, Tampa Bay Brewing Co., Elmer's, and of course, Centro Ybor! There's also The Castle for those of you who like things a little wierd and wild.

We love it here!!! :cheers:

Well there is a big age difference between us two...and Ybor is a little too "trashy" for my taste.

Guys, and this is coming from a 21 yr. old female, if you want to be around college girls as I saw someone previously write, then you want to go to Bahasa or Hyde Park Cafe tonight or Channelside. Ybor is not the night for Friday nights. Saturday nights, yes. Like tomorrow after the game, but not tonight.

Well there is a big age difference between us two...and Ybor is a little too "trashy" for my taste.

Guys, and this is coming from a 21 yr. old female, if you want to be around college girls as I saw someone previously write, then you want to go to Bahasa or Hyde Park Cafe tonight or Channelside. Ybor is not the night for Friday nights. Saturday nights, yes. Like tomorrow after the game, but not tonight.

Hey, different strokes for different folks...you may think Ybor is "trashy", but I think Channelside is too "commercial"...and I'm married, so I'm not out cruising for college chicks.

BTW, we'll probably be out there both nights this weekend...especially if the Redskins win...which they should! :cheers:

Hey, different strokes for different folks...you may think Ybor is "trashy", but I think Channelside is too "commercial"...and I'm married, so I'm not out cruising for college chicks.

BTW, we'll probably be out there both nights this weekend...especially if the Redskins win...which they should! :cheers:

Well, I know you're not "cruising" for college chicks, but like I said, one of the guys on this thread asked where the college chicks were at. So I was just letting him know where girls my age like to go. That's all. :)

Well, I know you're not "cruising" for college chicks, but like I said, one of the guys on this thread asked where the college chicks were at. So I was just letting him know where girls my age like to go. That's all. :)

Ah, gotcha...but I still see plenty of college chicks on 7th every weekend...and the bars in Ybor are WAY cooler than Channelside, IMHO... :cheers:

Since 2004? That's fine then. I always give people 5 years to convert to the Bucs after they move to Tampa. You still have a few years allowable as a Skins fan. :silly:

Does that include the 10,000 or so Redskins fans that show up to every Redskins/Bucs game in Tampa? In fact, I seem to remember being at games in Tampa in the late 90's when there were almost as many people wearing Redskins stuff as Bucs stuff.

In just about every other state it would be normal to make that claim, but not Florida. I'll say that natives have as much passion about their teams as anyone, but the problem is there aren't that many natives!

Archived