Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

an open letter to the media

themurf

Dear experts,

To the paid professionals in the media who have enjoyed lobbing cheap shots and criticism at the Washington Redskins every chance they’ve gotten over the last several years, we want to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you for saying Daniel Snyder was nothing more than a spoiled rich brat who was too meddlesome to ever get out of the way and let his team succeed. Thank you for saying Joe Gibbs was too old and that he needed to return to NASCAR because the game had passed him by.

Thank you for saying Mark Brunell was washed up and that his signing with the Redskins was the worst free agent signing of that entire offseason. Thank you for continually claiming the Redskins were ripped off by Denver for trading their best player, Champ Bailey, for Clint Portis, who was only a product of the Broncos system. Thank you for saying Santana Moss was nothing more than a glorified speedster who couldn’t stay healthy. Thank you also for calling the offensive line too inconsistent, and routinely putting Chris Samuels on the most overrated players in the NFL list.

Thank you for saying that the defense would surely struggle after losing "two core Redskins" – Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot to free agency.Thank you for saying Shawn Springs was too old and too fragile to be effective anymore. Ditto for Phillip Daniels. Thank you especially for calling Cornelius Griffin overrated underachiever – those comments will continue to fuel the anchor of our defense for as long as he plays in D.C.

But most of all, thank you for showing your true colors by jumping on the bandwagon the second the Redskins turned this thing around. It says everything we need to know about each and every one of you,

Sincerely,

The fans.

this site has way to many "open letter to" posts.

who cares what the media says?

I agree. Also, I like it when we are being over-looked or getting disrespected because it seems that when we are given praise, we start to slow down or fall apart. It is almost like a jinx. So, please, mediots and analysts alike, keep talking trash about the Redskins.:cool:

I don't get posts like this. Why the 'tude? Why waste the time at all?

I wasn't aware there was a quota on how many "open letter" threads there should be. And if there were one, I'm thinking it would be more than the 1 per 200 or so "Trade Ramsey for P. Manning" threads we see every day instead.

And as to who cares what the media says...everybody. Let's not pretend otherwise.

I wasn't aware there was a quota on how many "open letter" threads there should be. And if there were one, I'm thinking it would be more than the 1 per 200 or so "Trade Ramsey for P. Manning" threads we see every day instead.

And as to who cares what the media says...everybody. Let's not pretend otherwise.

OM, thank you! This was a great thread and these num-nuts have to rip it apart! Murph, good writing!

OM, thank you! This was a great thread and these num-nuts have to rip it apart! Murph, good writing!

Well thank you sir. I'd be willing to say that Bang probably influenced me to think about the media after calling out Mr. Salisbury after this week's cartoon. I just started thinking about what all the "experts" have said over the last two years.

If I forgot any of the bigger comments, please feel free to post them. I'm sure there were more than I could recall off of the top of my head.

Sorry OM, By "open letter" I meant all this questioning of the media/aksing for respect, etc. Quit worring about the media eating crow and enjoy the playoffs.

no 'tude, don't hate.

Murf, sorry about my curt reply. I had just gotten to work.

I am just more concerned with enjoying the playoffs right now. Let the media jump off the bandwagon. It is obvious they are more interested in what Bill Parcells is going to than the fact we are in the playoffs.

Didn't the media pick the Skins to finish last in the NFC?

I believe it was something along the lines of "Lets not talk about the NFC East the Eagles have that one locked up!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:eaglesuck

Hey, I liked the open letter, even if there are a lot on the boards.

I recall only two persons in the media picking Washington to make the playoffs, and that was Joe Theismann and yours truly. I predicted back in June-JUNE!-that the Skins would make the playoffs as a wild card on my sites.

read the thread, i have recanted on my gripe.

chalk it up to a bad morning at the office. :cool:

Archived