Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think they Redskins are Disrespected??

CounterTrey

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5218580

Tom and Leftwich were trading words that their teams were being given no chance to win the SB this year. Great article which had me thinking, the media def dissed us early on but I think they are coming around. What do you guys think - "Are we Disrespected around the league and even in the Media"??

I have to say this year has been an amazing journey. My first year as a season ticket holder, I attended 5 games which we all won (Bear, Seattle, 49ers, Cowboys, Giants). I missed a few since I had to travel overseas. ALso when I watched the skins game with my buddy this year who I go to the games with this year we are 6 - 0 I kid you not. This weekend will be a tough game and I trust Gibbs has some things under wraps to unleash in the playoffs.

Saturday can't come soon enough. I still remember the last playoff game in Tampa and how I hated the Turk brothers after that game. I truly believe we are battle tested and ready to roll this weekend.

HTTR!

Personally I don't care if the media respects us or not. I get so tired of hearing athletes say "we dont get any respect." Who cares what the media or anybody else thinks of you. Just go out there, do your job and win football games. After all, thats what this is all about, winning football games. :2cents:

forget that. whis is this randy hill idiot?????

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5218412

some excerpts....

"The wild-card Redskins required a five-game winning streak and bad Dallas mojo to reach the playoffs."

what in the hell did dallass have to do with us controlling our own destiny? didnt we beat them twice? the second time at home, a total butt whoopin?

"The big name on defense is moody former superstar LaVar Arrington, who somehow developed the notion that there are term limits for linebackers in Washington."

huh? i think all Skins fans agree that Lavar has not been the BIG name on defense all year, especially the last 5 games. Daniels, Marshall....

do these guys actually watch football or just read crap online and regurgitate doo doo?

randy, you sir are a first class ass. foxsports should move you to the mail room and let someone that actually knows what goes on write for them.

The Redskins never get the respect of being one of the great teams and they are one of the great teams. When people think of great teams they think of San Francisco, the Giants, the Bears, and the Redskins are like the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. ~John Madden CBS broadcast 1988

This has been happening for years. The Redskins aren't supposed to be able to compete with the likes of Indianapolis, and the other high powered teams but they do.

some excerpts....

"The wild-card Redskins required a five-game winning streak and bad Dallas mojo to reach the playoffs."

what in the hell did dallass have to do with us controlling our own destiny? didnt we beat them twice? the second time at home, a total butt whoopin?

"The big name on defense is moody former superstar LaVar Arrington, who somehow developed the notion that there are term limits for linebackers in Washington."

huh? i think all Skins fans agree that Lavar has not been the BIG name on defense all year, especially the last 5 games. Daniels, Marshall....

do these guys actually watch football or just read crap online and regurgitate doo doo?

randy, you sir are a first class ass. foxsports should move you to the mail room and let someone that actually knows what goes on write for them.

Exactly.

We didn't need ANY help from ANY team to grab the last playoff spot.

Especially from the worthless Cowpies!

He makes the 5-game winning streak sound like it never happened.

Maybe he should be flipping angus burgers at Hardees!

Hail!:point2sky

The skins were disrespected by the mediots up until recently. Now most of them are starting to come around. Tom Brady should stop whining. It is natural to be criticised, he and the rest of the Patriots have been immune to it the past few years and now that they can be had he doesn't want to deal with it.

Think about it, they lost on purpose so they could play Jax instead of Pittsburg if they had won. Who was disrespected more?

Personally I don't care if the media respects us or not. I get so tired of hearing athletes say "we dont get any respect." Who cares what the media or anybody else thinks of you. Just go out there, do your job and win football games. After all, thats what this is all about, winning football games. :2cents:

Right on. Win the games, and they have to give you the respect. Good call!

some excerpts....

Makes the crow taste that much worse!

Exactly.

We didn't need ANY help from ANY team to grab the last playoff spot.

Especially from the worthless Cowpies!

He makes the 5-game winning streak sound like it never happened.

Maybe he should be flipping angus burgers at Hardees!

Hail!:point2sky

you guys still have hardees out there in Iowa? hevent seen one of those places in years. but i agree randy hill qualifies for a job in the fast food industry. only i think he should start at cleaning the bathrooms and be forced to work his way up to fries.

I think most REDSKIN fans already know that our team is disrespected.

It's nearly constant from the sports radio and the talking heads on fox news etc.

It's funny how most of those always bulid up Dallas, NY giants, the Colts, same

old same old. But rather than allow these insults and jabbs divide us, let it rather

UNITE us. :helmet: For our team to get more respect, our team is going to have

win and win some more to quiet the critics. And REDSKIN faithful we must be

united in our support for our team, which i don't think is much of a problem at

the moment. I challenge all REDSKIN fans to really show our numbers. From

today till the end of the season, ALL (not some) ALL REDSKIN fans wear your

burgandy and gold. :helmet: Even if we lose this upcoming game, keep wearing

your REDSKIN gear. wear throughout the playoffs, SuperBowl Sunday, Draft

day, wear the burgandy and gold. :helmet: To my fellow Skin fans in the

Carolinas, get out and show those Panther/ Cowboys fans that REDSKIN

Nation is ALIVE AND WELL. :wavetowel GO REDSKINS!!! BEAT THE BUCS!!!!!

Media wise? Not anymore, were widely respected.

Fan wise? Yea, they still think we have the mind set of when norv turner, steve spurrier or marty coached here...they forgot our coaches are Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams and im sure there might be a few more kickin some sence into our team once in a while :silly:

I really dont care if we are getting respect.

The only way i want respect is if we are clearly the best team in the league like the Colts. In a way, I like being apart of this great story of being 5-6 to making a legit shot at the playoffs.

I dont mind getting what we get now.

I think most REDSKIN fans already know that our team is disrespected.

It's nearly constant from the sports radio and the talking heads on fox news etc.

It's funny how most of those always bulid up Dallas, NY giants, the Colts, same

old same old. But rather than allow these insults and jabbs divide us, let it rather

UNITE us. :helmet: For our team to get more respect, our team is going to have

win and win some more to quiet the critics. And REDSKIN faithful we must be

united in our support for our team, which i don't think is much of a problem at

the moment. I challenge all REDSKIN fans to really show our numbers. From

today till the end of the season, ALL (not some) ALL REDSKIN fans wear your

burgandy and gold. :helmet: Even if we lose this upcoming game, keep wearing

your REDSKIN gear. wear throughout the playoffs, SuperBowl Sunday, Draft

day, wear the burgandy and gold. :helmet: To my fellow Skin fans in the

Carolinas, get out and show those Panther/ Cowboys fans that REDSKIN

Nation is ALIVE AND WELL. :wavetowel GO REDSKINS!!! BEAT THE BUCS!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

If the Skins beat Tampa and match up well against Seattle...and get a close win then maybe the press will finally notice. But honestly it's better to be overlooked, then there are less articles when something doesn't go your way (but that's not going to happen). All I know it's all looking up from here!

:logo:

I remember they had this actor (forget his name) on ESPN to talk about playoffs at week 11 and he was praising all teams and when it was the turn if the skins (skins vs cardinals) he called it a "who cares bowl". Suck on that u conceited actor, pls someone remind me of his name and I promise to kick his ass the next time I see him :-)

Archived