Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So what's the story on Jimoh?

feeshta

I tried searching and came up with multiple posts of varying injuries but nothing with any link or credit to it. I also looked on redskins.com and didn't see him on the injury report at all.

Anyone know what his status is for sure? I know a lot of guys don't like him, but he's better than playing one of the safeties out of position for sure, and may also be better than Harris as at least he can tackle if he gives up a catch. So what's the word?

I've heard everything from had the wind knoocked out of him to broken rib + punctured lung and impending death. LOL.

I guess i probably would have heard if he was put on IR for impending death, so being that he's not on the injury report I guess he's going to play. That's good news with Springs doubtfull and Harris playing poorly.

To be honest, Jimoh has impressed me this season. HE got burned a lot last season and before, but this year, I can see why coaches thought he might have some of the best physical tools of the players playing CB for us in recent years. He's got good speed and height. What's more, I've noticed that opponents aren't throwing at him the way they used to everytime he stepped on the field. I'm impressed.

After the game, the PR guys said that he had an arrythmia and was briefly admitted to the hospital. He has since been cleared to play and is doing fine.

Jimoh has played CB and ST this year at a high level. Despite him earning the 'toast' label in season's past, he has definitely raised his game this year in his limited play at DB. In addition, he, Rock and Sellers have proven to be excellent in STs.

I think we need to rethink our position on Ade and the quality of his bread.

really, what do you guys think will be our top 3 cb's this week, that will play? I dont wantto hear that probable crap lol, just tell me who is playing and whos not?

IF Jimoh can go then I think its Rogers, Harris and Jimoh as the top three because I just personally doubt Springs will be ok to go. It's possible he could make it back though, which would be huge.

Personally, if Springs can't go, I'd prefer to see Rogers on Galloway and Jimoh as the number two with Harris in the slot. Harris excelled in the slot last year, but he has been a liability this year on the outside as he always seems to give too much cushion and then fails to make the tackle after the catch. Jimoh is much more aggessive and a better tackler, which would worry me against Galloway who would toast him deep, but against any of their other guys, and with the way our safeties have been playing, I think he'd be fine on the outside.

Jimoh has played CB and ST this year at a high level. Despite him earning the 'toast' label in season's past, he has definitely raised his game this year in his limited play at DB. In addition, he, Rock and Sellers have proven to be excellent in STs.

I agree. In one thread I was accused of being part of Ade Jimohs family cause of the nice things I said about him hee hee

After the game, the PR guys said that he had an arrythmia and was briefly admitted to the hospital. He has since been cleared to play and is doing fine.

My sentiments exactly Blade.

I think there were more problems than just Jimoh in the past when he got burned. If you notice, Champ also got burned a bit too. Any time Jimoh came into the game he was at an immediate disadvantage trying to step into the the middle of the dance so to speak. That, coupled with some pretty poor safety play, made him look really aweful, when the reallity was probably closer to he was just slightly below average. I think he's made strides, and I think the reason the coaches kept him around was they saw that potential in him, not to mention he was an entusiastic and talented special teamer which never hurts your chances as a fringe guy. I think he was a project when we originallt picked him up. He's got all the measurables, and some of the intangibles like his tackling. I think if he gets some playing time he would be fine. It's just really difficult to get used to playing this game at this level without actually being out there on the field for extended time in a game situation. Practice is nice, but nothing can simulate an NFL game, you just have to get in there and play.

The whole Jimoh thing worries me after I heard that he has had problems in the past with irregular heartbeats that will often race up to 120-140 beats per minute. They (Comcast Sportsnet, I believe) said that he is currently on medication for it, but he says he'll definitely be out there and doesn't seem worried about it. Does this worry anybody else when they hear things like this after previous heart problems (sometimes fatal) that professional athletes sometimes come down with?

Archived