Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New BANG! Cartoon featuring Portis, Salisbury & PODCAST (1/6)

Bang

Thursday morning Update!

Since the cartoon was published on Wednesday afternoon, Sean has received over 600 emails that I know of.

Keep going!

~Bang

Bang, to the best of your knowledge, has anyone received an e-mail back from him? He's gotta answer at least a couple of the 600+.

Here's a copy of the email I sent to Sean:

Sean,

I know you are a man of your word, so I really look forward to seeing you walk from Bristol to Washington. It may seem like a daunting task, but I have a few helpful tips, as well as some words of inspiration, to assist you on your trek.

Remember Forrest Gump? Forrest ran for a really long time over a much greater distance then from Bristol to Washington - 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours, to be exact. Compared to that, your jog is a relative mall-walk. Surely you can do it!

The distance is about 325 miles. The average walking pace for a healthy, adult male is about 3.5 MPH, but I figure that an ex-professional athlete such as yourself could crank out about 5 MPH. So, at that rate, it should only take about 1,620 hours, with no stops, or about 2 months 1 week. Factoring in 8 hours of sleep a night and 2 hours for breaks & meals, you should be able to complete it in about 115 days.

May I suggest the New Balance M991GL. Maybe you should bring along an extra pair just in case.

M991GL.jpg

Look at all these amazing features!

* Suede/mesh upper

* ABZORB® in heel for maximum shock absorption

* Blown rubber outsole for a lightweight, cushioned ride

* Encap midsole in heel for stability

* C-Cap® forefoot for lightweight cushioning and flexibility

* 3M® reflective material for 360° night visibility

* N-Duranceâ„¢ heel pad for added durability in the heel strike area

Good luck Sean! Looking forward to see you on the road.

Best,

Evan

PS - Here are directions to DC from Bristol, avoiding Interstates and toll roads. You don't want to run along I-95, I would imagine. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

[i won't actually post the 132 lines of directions]

Here's a copy of the email I sent to Sean:

Sean,

I know you are a man of your word, so I really look forward to seeing you walk from Bristol to Washington. It may seem like a daunting task, but I have a few helpful tips, as well as some words of inspiration, to assist you on your trek.

Remember Forrest Gump? Forrest ran for a really long time over a much greater distance then from Bristol to Washington - 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours, to be exact. Compared to that, your jog is a relative mall-walk. Surely you can do it!

The distance is about 325 miles. The average walking pace for a healthy, adult male is about 3.5 MPH, but I figure that an ex-professional athlete such as yourself could crank out about 5 MPH. So, at that rate, it should only take about 1,620 hours, with no stops, or about 2 months 1 week. Factoring in 8 hours of sleep a night and 2 hours for breaks & meals, you should be able to complete it in about 115 days.

May I suggest the New Balance M991GL. Maybe you should bring along an extra pair just in case.

M991GL.jpg

Look at all these amazing features!

* Suede/mesh upper

* ABZORB® in heel for maximum shock absorption

* Blown rubber outsole for a lightweight, cushioned ride

* Encap midsole in heel for stability

* C-Cap® forefoot for lightweight cushioning and flexibility

* 3M® reflective material for 360° night visibility

* N-Duranceâ„¢ heel pad for added durability in the heel strike area

Good luck Sean! Looking forward to see you on the road.

Best,

Evan

PS - Here are directions to DC from Bristol, avoiding Interstates and toll roads. You don't want to run along I-95, I would imagine. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

[i won't actually post the 132 lines of directions]

Nice e-mail E-dog, that had me laughing the whole way through, I simply told Salisbury to get here in time for the game so he might want to run instead of walk. But remember sneakers are a bad idea for a walk like that, he will want to wear military issue boots. If he wears sneakers they will just wear through about 1/3 of the way here and if that happens and he keeps walking then his feet will get really messed up and they might have to amputate. Check out the book "The Long Walk" by Stephen King using his pen name "Richard Bachman"

Come on, people!! 1400 emails?? PATHETIC!!

There are something like 50,000 members of this site. I would expect no less than 20,000 emails in Salisucky's email inbox.

info@seansalisburyonline.com

with a cc: to john at bangcartoon.com (we don't want Bang getting spam! :) )

Email!! He'll never actually walk the walk, but I want to hear him at least acknowledge he said he'd do it!! :)

Archived