Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brewing Rumor #2 on Purcells . . .

goldenster95

This one's hearsay . . . it's based on a report from Dino Costa -- who? -- and not from someone as reputable as Schefter . . . so, take this with a grain of salt . . .

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/petescorner2/forum_display.cfm?F1_ID=174958

Tuna back in NY? : TB Giant : 1/2/06 7:10 PM

RUMOR: PARCELLS BACK TO JETS?

The Dino Costa Show has learned through an anonymous source that current Dallas Coach Bill Parcells may be interested in returning to New York with the Jets if Herman Edwards takes the head coaching position with the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the source, Parcells would only be interested in the Jets general manager position and would hire the next Jets coach to replace Edwards. This has been a trying year for Parcells both with his football team and on a personal front with the death of his brother earlier in the year. Parcells could be lured back to New York if given fill control of football operations by Jets owner Woody Johnson. Either way Parcells is not expected to return to Dallas next season. Edwards is increasingly coming under media scrutiny in New York for the first time in his tenure as Jets coach. The feeling is that Edwards may have coached his last game with the Jets today - and that Parcells would be more than interested in a second Jets act.

Maybe he feels with Gibbs back, he'll never be able to win the division....

But seriously, I think he and Jerrah have had personnel issues...dating back to last years draft.

I'd like the Tuna to leave just to make Dallas rebuild again.

During the game SUnday night, they interviewed Jerrah.... and I must say there seemed to be a bit of something in his tone about the Parcells rumors. I have a strange feeling that the Jones/Parcells relationship has soured and Jones feels he should be holding another Lombardi trophy by now....after year three of the Parcells regime.

Additionally, look where they are in terms of personnel. No franchise QB of the future, no franchise RB.... aging receivers. The only thing they've got going for them is an emerging defense.

Can anyone explain to me why Parcells isnt coming back to Dallas? Do they think they are better off without him? Is he feuding with Jerrah? I feel like Ive missed something...

Because Parcells is a bitter angry man. He has Larry Brown syndrome. It's not like he's never done this before. He spends 3 years building a team and then jets and leaves them scrambling. As a matter of fact, he's never fulfilled a contract his entire NFL career. No loyalty or patience. Honestly, he'd probably have a couple more rings if his dumb *** didn't always get fidgety and look for greener pastures. Anyways, looks good for us. Gibbs is just starting to bring our team back to glory while Parcells is about to set our hated rival back for the next few years by running away. Thanks tuna, appreciate it.

The best part about all of it is, everybody talked like the Cowboys were gonna be the **** when Parcells came back. Gibbs comes back, game's passed him by. No matter that it's always been obvious that Gibbs is better able to deal with tough times and stick things through than the Tuna. I like it, everybody thinks there's no way Parcells will let his team lose. They think he'll scare and threaten his team all the way to the SB. Gibbs, on the other hand, builds his teams through honesty, loyalty, respect and humility. I guess because he has a much more under the radar, nice guy reputation people think he used to win based on always having more talented teams. I love it, though, because we know that Gibbs won't alienate half the team and then split. He'll do it the right way and stick it out, no matter what. Here's to Gibbs :cheers: and all of the people out there (and in here) who didn't believe he could do it :D

Archived