Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we should always trust the "experts"

Streater101

Exhibit A: 3. Will Terrell Owens sabotage the Philadelphia Eagles?

No. The Eagles won without him last year, and, if Owens persists in sitting out, they will win without him again this year. You don't mess with the Eagles. They stood firm when Jeremiah Trotter, their leading tackler for three straight years, wanted a bundle three years ago. So they released the guy and went to successive NFC Championship games. Two years later he returned to play for the minimum. There's a lesson there. Owens is proud, obstinate, stubborn, you name it, and may try to stay out, but he turns 32 this year -- which means the clock is winding down -- and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is not one to hold out clients for a season. If, however, Owens doesn't change his position, the Eagles will move on sans T.O. Yes, he's valuable, but, no, he's not invaluable. There is a difference.

Exhibit B: 7. Will Joe Gibbs get it turned around in Washington?

No, and, trust me, it hurts to say it. The classy Gibbs was a great coach who pulled the most out of his clubs in the 1980s. But that was two decades ago, and Gibbs last year seemed out of step with the times. I know, the Redskins changed their offense and blocking schemes, but does anyone really believe this team is better with Santana Moss instead of Laveranues Coles? Without Fred Smoot? Without Antonio Pierce? Plus, what's the deal with Sean Taylor? Then there's this: If the organization doesn't believe it can win with Patrick Ramsey -- as the draft of first-rounder Jason Campbell suggests -- why should we? The problem with Washington is that there hasn't been consistency with the players or the coaching staff since Dan Snyder took over, and that's a recipe for disaster. Fasten your seat belts; it's going to be bumpy ride.

The defense rest

Again, from now on, Extremeskins should have a sticky thread from the start of every season where we can post all of this stuff, and then have a field day at the end of each season when we send out beer-battered dead crows to the haters.

But DAMN. After this post-season, there won't be any non-believers left . . .

'Cept maybe Pastabelly. But that's cuz he'll eat crow for fun . . .

Hell, he'll eat anything for fun.

GET IN MA BELLY!

Well ther are people even mods on the board that feels the same way.

These are opinions, and believe me, you have probably gotten some things wrong too about football predicting wins, losses, who do what, etc.

People are to hard on writers that form an opinion and state decent facts to support it.

Exhibit A: 3. Will Terrell Owens sabotage the Philadelphia Eagles?

No. The Eagles won without him last year, and, if Owens persists in sitting out, they will win without him again this year. You don't mess with the Eagles. They stood firm when Jeremiah Trotter, their leading tackler for three straight years, wanted a bundle three years ago. So they released the guy and went to successive NFC Championship games. Two years later he returned to play for the minimum. There's a lesson there. Owens is proud, obstinate, stubborn, you name it, and may try to stay out, but he turns 32 this year -- which means the clock is winding down -- and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is not one to hold out clients for a season. If, however, Owens doesn't change his position, the Eagles will move on sans T.O. Yes, he's valuable, but, no, he's not invaluable. There is a difference.

Exhibit B: 7. Will Joe Gibbs get it turned around in Washington?

No, and, trust me, it hurts to say it. The classy Gibbs was a great coach who pulled the most out of his clubs in the 1980s. But that was two decades ago, and Gibbs last year seemed out of step with the times. I know, the Redskins changed their offense and blocking schemes, but does anyone really believe this team is better with Santana Moss instead of Laveranues Coles? Without Fred Smoot? Without Antonio Pierce? Plus, what's the deal with Sean Taylor? Then there's this: If the organization doesn't believe it can win with Patrick Ramsey -- as the draft of first-rounder Jason Campbell suggests -- why should we? The problem with Washington is that there hasn't been consistency with the players or the coaching staff since Dan Snyder took over, and that's a recipe for disaster. Fasten your seat belts; it's going to be bumpy ride.

The defense rest

:laugh: How's that crow taste??? :laugh:

These are the threads I've been waiting for this week!!

OH YEA- I would love to see that Pastabelly thread where he called us the 'deadskins' and completely guaranteed we wouldn't make the playoffs. LOVE IT!

I'd post it but they made it an insider only thing now to keep from embarassing him I think. It was the article on Gibbs from Jan 7th 2004.

Archived