Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Simms -the X factor?

>>Spearhead>>

The kid has a nice deep ball and our secondary is banged up. Tampa has a very similar scheme as we do with their max protections designed to get Galloway deep. So do we back off and take that away, send the house after Simms and hope his inexperience works in our favor, or load up to stop Cadilac and make him beat us similar to the first matchup???

McMahon had way too much time in the first half and he hurt us, yet Phili had success on the ground early, as well. I see Tampa over crowding the box and making Brunell beat them with his arm.

How do you think Williams will scheme these guys this time around?

Who else is concerned about our short kickoffs and suspect punting being a factor?

Its 4AM and I am suffering from the first symptom of playoff fever-INSOMNIA :D

We owe Tampa big time - a point in '99 and a point in week 10. Payback is a MF and we're charging interest! :point2sky

Chris Simms fans out there are not taking into account that this is going to be a play off game. Regular season games are great and all but this is a different ball game. There are lessons to be learned in the post season and most teams learn them the hard way.

Chris is not a veteran QB with playoff experience. Mark Brunell is.

I agree, we win this game.

I will take the veteran in a QB match-up for a playoff game.

If they can pressure, they wiil bring it. If not, they need to watch out for a big hook-up on the deep ball. you know they are going to try with our CB situation. In order to win this game, we are going to need some CB's to make a name for themselves off the practice squad.

Simply..... stop the run and make Chris Simms try to hit those passes he hit last game. Let's face it... he hit a couple of throws I'm quite sure he couldn't connect on again. Furthermore, without their running game their passing game becomes predictable.

Chris has protection...that's what led to his faux greatness at UT (Longhorns).

Once G.Will cracks the code to their offensive matrix, Simms will give us 3 INT's with a 5 sack chaser.

He's no Ben Roethlisberger, he's not as good as their record dictates. The defensive schemes (this time) will shed light on his inmaturity as a QB in a high pressured game in the NFL.

He's a good kid...just not the threat the hype has implied.

God Bless Joey G. & the rest of the Skins!

If we can get carlos rogers healthy we should be fine...remember who was missing last time? Sean Taylor, thatll be the diffrence, people in this league know to keep balls away from him.

and i hope your right, if they make us pass to beat them by putting 8 men in the box it should be a big day for santana. Theres no way Ronde has the speed to keep up with him at his age.

Anyone who watched what McMahon was able to do when he had lots of time to throw should be concerned about Simms. Given protection, he's fully capable of eating up a banged up Skins secondary.

Simply put, the Skins DL better play like they did in the Giants game if they want to win this.

Archived