Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs is BACK!

Goaldeje

You know, all the downer stuff with Lavar got me thinking today.

I remember when I heard the rumour of Joe Gibbs coming back. I was not yet a member of this awesome site, and you all probably heard it long before I did. I was driving to drop my daughter off at the babysitters for the day when I heard it on the radio. I nearly crashed. No kidding. I was near tears when I regained control of the car. The rest of the day, I was positively euphoric.

I remember a good friend of mine did not understand, not being a Skins fan, or even an NFL fan, but a Sooners fan. I tried to explain, but couldn't find the words. That's how much Gibbs' return meant to me personally. Just for the HOPE of respectability.

That hope is about to come to fruition, folks. How long has it been since we have had HOPE of making the playoffs in December? Of making some serious noise on the playoffs? Why is this happening? Because Joe Gibbs is BACK, baby!

Just wanted to share my rememberances of one incredibly important day coming up on two years ago now. What do you guys remember?

it was a CRAZY experience for me when i heard Gibbs was coming back. my dad called me at like 6:00 in the mornin on his way to work and he told me. i first thought it was all a dream since i was still sleeping at the time, but when i woke up and heard it on sportstalk, i couldnt believe it. i listened to 980 for like 2 weeks strait waiting for more news to come up about his return.

im so glad things are starting to come together. i really didnt thing he would do it after the season we had last year, but now that things are looking good, im so grateful to have a team coached by a bunch of class guys. this has been the best season to be a SKINS fan for me. i have no doubt we'll be ready this week, and the weeks to come in the playoffs.

GO SKINS

Wow... that was like 2 years ago yesterday when the news broke? Something like that. I remember being on the way to work and nearly swirving off the road. I had to pull over and just sit there stunned for a couple of minutes.

What was even better was going into the office and seeing that guy (everyone has one at their job) who's the obnoxious Dallas fan (aren't they all obnoxious), and just sneering at him with a look that said, "Oh yes... your time has come..."

It wasn't to be that year, but this year... oh the trash that has been talked...

And that is all thanks to Coach Joe.

My experience was much like every other Skins fan. I was in total shock wondering if this was real...to nirvana.....to go to the sport bar and celebrate for two weeks with local fans.

I went to training camp fan appriciation day last year and waited in line to meet the man. I said, "Thanks for coming back to save us Joe!" to which he replied:

"Oh I don't know about that. We'll do our best"!

So humble and classy and finally the time has come. Playoffs baby! I can't believe we will be alive to go to Super Bowl XL!

HAIL!

Maybe soon ya'll remember what a superbowl ring feels like

Baltimore is a dump and kept Billick only because they had no other choice. Enjoy rebuilding.

Perhaps we'll rebuild to....a new stadium when FedEx gets impossible to get into a la RFK during our road to Three (not just one) RINGS!

give gibbs another offseason and a few more parts on the offense, and this offense will become the greatest show on earth

Yeah, I think you're right. Next year we should see even more improvement, even right out of the gate on offense. If GW will stick around, Gibbs is building something for the long haul here. This is going to be pretty special.

Baltimore is a dump and kept Billick only because they had no other choice. Enjoy rebuilding.

Perhaps we'll rebuild to....a new stadium when FedEx gets impossible to get into a la RFK during our road to Three (not just one) RINGS!

wtf I saw this guy post 2 nice things about the redskins and both times there was some stupid ass clown dumping on him for being a Baltimore fan and knocked his team.. He came in peace and got a classless response.. Good job

Archived