Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today's Skins vs. Eagles Prediction

xsinner

I just don't see how that makeshift Beagles Offense is going to put up a 20 spot on our Defense...just don't see it...

Jeff Zillgitt is an idiot.

If you read his Cowboys-Rams prediction, he apparently doesn't know that the Panthers-Falcon outcome also affects Dallas' playoff chances.

And if this Eagles offense scores 20 points then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Jeff Zillgitt is an idiot.

If you read his Cowboys-Rams prediction, he apparently doesn't know that the Panthers-Falcon outcome also affects Dallas' playoff chances.

And if this Eagles offense scores 20 points then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Yeah; we limited the NY offense (3 or 4 times as potent as the Iggles) to 20 points -- I don't see Philly scoring that many. However, you gotta give them a TD for being at home...although that didn't help them against Seattle!!

last 4 games, defense has given up 1 td a game, against better offenses

I love the voice of reason. We have destroyed teams 2 times as good as the Bagels, and more people were certain that we would handle those teams, then they are that we will destroy this one. The Eagles are a shell of an NFL team. No Qb, No runningback, I think they even sat Kearse. Seriously, Extreme Skins could get together and beat the Eagles. I am not too worried about this week. Im worried that there is a chance that three could go from the NFC East, I dont like that scenario at all.

Eagles are NOT a vastly inferior team.

The defense is basically the same as last year, except for Lito Shepherd being out with an injury. Our recent strength, running the football, plays into one of their strengths: Trotter on run defense.

McMahon is NOT a terrible QB. Eagles offense has been stripped of its key offensive performers: WR, OT and RB. He does not have much to work with as a backup QB.

Having said that: Eagles offense should not score 20 points on our defense. If they do, we are not a playoff caliber team. Eagles could get a cheap TD on defense. Footballs take funny bounces sometimes. Plus as noted earlier, we have a tendency to make backup QBs into All-Pro players.

:(

The fact that the Cardinals kept it close vs. us justifies this prediction by the USA today. We beat the Cards but its not like we dominated by any means.

Sometimes I get worried about which team will show up? The team that squeaked by the Cards, lost to the Raiders and got smoked by the Giants???

...or the team that pounded the Cowboys and Giants...as well as beat the Seahawks.

Im hoping the latter.

I think it will be closer than people want to believe.

Archived