Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today's Skins vs. Eagles Prediction

xsinner

I love the voice of reason. We have destroyed teams 2 times as good as the Bagels, and more people were certain that we would handle those teams, then they are that we will destroy this one. The Eagles are a shell of an NFL team. No Qb, No runningback, I think they even sat Kearse. Seriously, Extreme Skins could get together and beat the Eagles. I am not too worried about this week. Im worried that there is a chance that three could go from the NFC East, I dont like that scenario at all.

The Eagles are a team with nothing to lose. That alone should concern you. Look at the Skins in the last game against the Vikings last season. The Skins had injuries galore , no playoff hopes yet they ended the Vikings season. Anything can happen. Any given Sunday. I actaully had a gut feeling even before the Cowbum game. I actually told a friend that I had a feeling we'd beat the Cowbums & Giants and let up on the Eagles, Now I hope my gut feeling is wrong. :eaglesuck

Don't see them getting 20 especially considering they only scored 10 on us in the first game with McNabb and Westbrook playing. Skins - 24 Beagles - 10.

Eagles are NOT a vastly inferior team.

The defense is basically the same as last year, except for Lito Shepherd being out with an injury. Our recent strength, running the football, plays into one of their strengths: Trotter on run defense.

McMahon is NOT a terrible QB. Eagles offense has been stripped of its key offensive performers: WR, OT and RB. He does not have much to work with as a backup QB.

Having said that: Eagles offense should not score 20 points on our defense. If they do, we are not a playoff caliber team. Eagles could get a cheap TD on defense. Footballs take funny bounces sometimes. Plus as noted earlier, we have a tendency to make backup QBs into All-Pro players.

:(

Well, didn't last year's Eagle team also have Corey Simon and Carlos Emmons? Mix in Sheppard being gone, Dawkins having a sub-par year, and I'd say this is a significantly different team on defense.

We need to jump on them early. The longer they stay in the game the more confidence they get. Put pressure on the QB from the start as we all expect and take the lead in the 1st qtr. There intensity will weaken with a strong start and double digit lead. By placing pressure on them early will keep the pressure of us in the 4th qtr.

Archived