Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Come on guys. Let's get focused

we_want_56

The mood around here is compleley wrong and everybody needs to get focused and everybody needs to get focused right now. Not later today not tommorow not in a few days, right now.

We got articles about unhappy players (which I believe is total BS), we got people who think this is a trap game, and we got people who beleive we're already in the playoffs.

All of these attidudes need to be thrown out the window right now.

I'll start with Elkin or whatever his name is righting these garbage articles to try to seperate us. He doesn't want to see us winning.

So what does he do? He comes out with an article like this to take our focus away from us to seperae the fans, and the team.

He just like everybody else even associated with the league knows that we are starting to stronger than ever.

Come on guys the media has been disrespecting our fans our players, coaches, team, and owner for the past 6 years. And what are we going to do we're going to start paying these guys the respect to beleive every single line of Bull they put on a piece of paper.

NO. We're better than that. Forget Elfin his article and every other thing any Media person has to say about the skins. This aint about them it's about us and sticking together.

He's trying to take away what we've built this year which is a team on the way to the playoffs. This is his last ditch effort to distract the team so we won't be ready to go sunday, and so we will miss the playoffs.

Forget the Washington times and Elkin. I'm not even going to let this consume a single moment of my tome or brain power.

I'm done with that and you should be too. Put it out of your mind Don't take it with you past this second.

As for this Sunday there are some on this board who don't have their minds right for this game.

I'm going to say this And remember this. Do not believe that we are cursed so something bad has to happen and do not believe this is just an easy game. WE have togo out and do this and we need every body to believe that we can do this. That's the only way we can get in.

Before I asked you guys how bad do you want this? I know I want it bad.

And if you want it as bad as I do you'll put all these distractions out of your mind and get your mind right for this game.

I know I want this. Who else wants it?

The mood around here is compleley wrong and everybody needs to get focused and everybody needs to get focused right now. Not later today not tommorow not in a few days, right now.

So what exactly do you want us to do to show we, fans, who will be recovering from New years eve, will be focused? :whoknows:

I'm not talking about new years eve I'm talking about everybody who's buying everything in that article and not focused on this game coming up.

If your focused le me know you're focused. Give me a post that says you are or some thing. Look into your heart and post what comes out.

And if you want it as bad as I do you'll put all these distractions out of your mind and get your mind right for this game.

Uh, thanks for the pep talk, coach, but, um...you do know that we're not actually playing the game, right? See...it's like this: we're the fans, and we just babble nonsense on the Internet and scream like crazy people in the stands. No focus required.:laugh:

Well I said my peace on the Elfin article last night in the thread, talked with my buddy about it today while we were working out at Golds, and now am gonna eat some food

I am not sure how I can *focus* on the Eagles, because well I made my posts about the Eagles earlier in the week and don't really like to repeat myself, start silly threads that have been repeated 18 times, or repeat the same thing everyone else is saying

I understand your sentiment, but really, if we start talking about the game rather then Lavar, we will be done talking in 10 minutes

I have been on the Eagles website and they are some depressed fans. They essentially think the Skins will scalp the Eagles this weekend. They have absolutely no faith in their QB and replacement players at OL, WR, CB, and DL. They feel the Skins will control the clock and the game. They actually want to lose and pick-up a better draft pick and formost knock the Cowpokes out of the playoffs.

Luckily, I don't have to be focused. I'll be sitting on my 280lb butt in my living room, with my Bud Ice and Cuervo shots, miles away from the action watching it on TV. The only thing I want focused is the Redskins and my projection TV on my 100 inch screen. And I don't think I have to worry about either one of them. They will get the job done. :applause:

Uh, thanks for the pep talk, coach, but, um...you do know that we're not actually playing the game, right? See...it's like this: we're the fans, and we just babble nonsense on the Internet and scream like crazy people in the stands. No focus required.:laugh:

Lol, you know, I've thought about that so many times as I sit screaming at the TV during a game. Like somehow my attitude or how I sit or whether I hold my lucky football during the game has any impact at all on the outcome.

It really is weird how we take something in which we contribute so little so seriously and personally. Now if you are actually at the game being the 12th man and making a lot of noise for the team that is different, but I'm talking about the average joe sitting in his living room watching the game.

Hey, it's just for fun, but in our mundane lives where it seems like there isn't much to believe in any more, it feels good to believe in the 'Skins :)

I agree.

However, it's not like we're the players on the team. It's not like we're in the lockerroom overlooking philly. People are talking like they're actually members of the team and they're trying to rally the troops.

I do see where they're coming from though, we're just waiting to get lit up by NFC east trolls if we lose this game for being too ****y and arrogant.

I do see where they're coming from though, we're just waiting to get lit up by NFC east trolls if we lose this game for being too ****y and arrogant.

Oh, yeah, we will never hear the end of it should we lose this game after all the smack on this board this week. Hey, I think we're gonna win, too, and it's been fun to get down on the Cowboys, Giants and now the Eagles. It's been too long since we had any right to talk trash at all. Feels like old times. But watch the NFC East trolls mob us if we lose...

But since it won't happen, all will be right with the world. :)

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

:laugh:

Even I did after reading that post again. So I went a little overboard and used the wrong word by saying focus.

I just got really pissed off when I looked on here and saw about 50 posts attacking one of our own players in a game this crucial and taking some idiots word and believing it over one of our own. Even after they constantly bash us.

Obviously focus is not required for us to win. BUt I think weshould ignore that article and take it with a grain of salt.

Yep... I was quite surprised by all the LA bashing going on today and thought to myself (and glad I heard Joe say it too... NOBODY SHOULD BE THINKING ANYTHING OTHER THAN BEATING THE EAGLES...).

But these boards are for "discussions"... I just do not read the "Lavar" posts....but to each his own.

(INSERT APOLOGY FOR LONG POST and I do not mean to thread hijack)

But I did want to say something since some mentioned earlier about how "we" think we actually affect the game while sitting at home watching (superstition.. whatever...)

As early as I can remember... my family always watched the Skins game with the TV volume down and the radio on tuned to Sam and Sunny. It was always funny watching peoples faces when they were at my house during the game and a commercial would come on and (of course the audio would not match...). Took a few games before my wife started to appreciate hearing the radio.

This year was different though... due to a freaky TV setup...and Janet Jackson causing the TV to be delayed versus the radio.... I could not run my TV video and my stereo radio audio at the same time.. so for the first three games.. I could not listen to Sam and Sunny while watching the game... and we WIN.

For the Bronco's game... I finally got my setup straight and watch the game while listening to the radio (no delay)... we LOST. Same for the Chiefs game...LOST. For the Eagles and 49ers I was at a bar... we WIN. (Yes..I skipped talking about the Giants game...cause it never happened...).

Ok.. then we start our streak... 3 wins... for some reason or another I'm not listening to the radio (probably delay issue) and all is well in the world.

We come to the Giants game... (I swear this happened...). I start watching the game we start doing great but the annoucers are getting on my nerves... so I switch to the radio for audio....

My wife goes "Are you sure you want to do that? Everytime you listen to the radio we lose..."

I looked at her bug-eyed while thinking about it cause I never had noticed the connection....

and Brunell throws the interception to Blackburn..... I dive for the remote and change the audio back to the TV....

ARGHHH!!!! I love my Sam and Sonny but I just cannot bring myself to listen to the radio until after we have won the Super Bowl......

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I could not have said it better myself! I am excited, for the first time in since 91, for this team.

Archived