Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok..what a diff. 2 weeks can make..

dmauro1

Unlike most of this site's members who feel Joe Gibbs is messiah and can therefore do no wrong, I have been highly critical of him all year in that I thought he only moderately changed his gameplan from last year(a disaster) and thought his conservative O(with talent like we have, unlike Chicago say)was holding us back. It was especially brutal that he appeared to look like he still was unaware that in today's NFL you have to close out games, something numerous losses and close ones should have told him.....

but from what I have seen the last two weeks, where he has contributed as much as GW's D(if he keeps it up)we have a shot to run the NFC. So therefore my mouth will be shut for now on the subject..but as far as my logic went(and why I am not an "ass jester".lol..as the JG faithful here have labeled me..

Imagine if we even got somewhat of O production like this last year when we had by far the best D in the NFL(Pitts had less y.a. but spent nowhere near the time on the field the Skins D did). The D was every bit as good as recent SuperBowl teams in recent years(Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Carolina, ect.)who had far less talent on the O side as we did. GW has done as much as any Skin coach in recent memory and he can be thanked for most of the W's the last 2 years. As much as I am rooting for JG now... I hope he stays on

You know, if you were the owner of this team (and thank god, you're not), you would never have a coach like Gibbs.

I was awfully sick and tired of hearing last year and this year from many about how the game has passed Gibbs by and that he should just hang it up.

It's that instant gratification mentality that is hard to swallow. So it took Gibbs all of ONE YEAR to make this team competitive and possibly a playoff team.

There's a reason the guy is in the hall of fame. That's a little more than you can hang your own hat on. :rolleyes:

I don't think Joe's the messiah, and have at times disagreed with him. However, when it comes right down to it, I'm just like everyone else here. Have no idea what the hell I'm talking about when it comes right down to it. There are so many subtleties in playcalling and the plays most of us wouldn't see a change if it came up and tackled us. Whatever he's doing, he's doing it well. Damned well.

This is not the same offense from last year. Being successful has more to do with building a character team, than waving a magic-wand. Most of the members on this site felt (and feel) like he should be given a fair chance to build this team, and that just maybe a 3-time SB winning coach knows what he's doing.

It's real easy to jump on a man's bandwagon when his team is winning. When he's down, he finds out who really believes in him. :)

I don't think Joe's the messiah, and have at times disagreed with him. However, when it comes right down to it, I'm just like everyone else here. Have no idea what the hell I'm talking about when it comes right down to it. There are so many subtleties in playcalling and the plays most of us wouldn't see a change if it came up and tackled us. Whatever he's doing, he's doing it well. Damned well.

very true..I never played fb past the hs level so that is very true..but..it doesnt take an einstein to figure out what a diff. it makes when you stretch out the field and keep the D guessing a bit

very true..I never played fb past the hs level so that is very true..but..it doesnt take an einstein to figure out what a diff. it makes when you stretch out the field and keep the D guessing a bit

If you think Joe Gibbs doesn't fully understand what you pointed out, and som much more than you'll every know, you've earned you assjesterness. The most obvious thing that has changed is the execution of the players.

In the world of MMQB's that makes sense. Good thing that Joe and the gang live in a very real NFL world, where down and distance, defensive tendancies, the abilities and limitations of your own players, field position, abilities of defensive players at all 11 positions, and a variety of other things also play into keeping a defense guessing.

What has most impressed me with Joe Gibbs,he has been making the necessary changes to keep the team rolling!!!I think Joe has figured out not to let up and try and protect the lead.Last year after the awful 6-10 ,he said he would make the changes to improve and he did!!!I know it's finally starting to click again with Joe!!!

Archived